SARS CoV-2 coronavirus / Covid-19 (No tin foil hat silliness please)

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Could it be she was never fully cured?
Seems very likely.

She first tested positive on 29 January and was discharged from the hospital after recovering on 1 February, before testing negative on 6 February.

People don't fully recover from the regular full blown flu (like I can personally attest atm) in only 2 or 3 days so why would that be different with the corona virus? Even if she wasn't showing symptoms it didn't mean the virus wasn't still active. Seems odd.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
It feels inevitable really. The thing that bothers me is that my children are scared. Whatever is being said at school, either by the school or by friends, coupled with what they see on the news every day it seems they are really frightened.
When I was in school back in 2003 a teacher fainted and an ambulance came to check up on him. Two hours later there was loads of panic and everybody was seriously convinced the guy had SARS. Some parents had actually come to pick up their kids.

Ultimately some biology teacher with a massive beard calmed everyone down by using the school’s speaker system to explain into depth how the poor teacher who fainted didn’t take a poo poo between classes and probably got unwell because of that. It was an interesting day with plenty of lessons to be learned.

So Is the message in that post of "well they probably would have just died from another virus anyway" actually accurate?

Obviously there's some level of overlap but surely the point is that it's an additional risk factor and significant in certain groups?

When it inevitably becomes an epidemic then yeah life has to carry on but it seems a cold clinical view to discount the risks to the vulnerable based on them already being vulnerable. Perhaps I'm misreading it.
It is being said here in Italy too. These people may or may not have died if left alone, but if they had caught the regular flu it would have finished them off just as easily as this did.

The first caftard to catch this wins a tagline.
They just found a case about a mile away from me so i'd say I'm in the running!

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
We've been sent a notice from the Mayor of our Comune in Italy regarding our region - schools and public amenities are being closed for a week, no public gatherings to take place. There's only been one case detected in our region, so it's being taken seriously. I assume the authorities will review things next week.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
We've been sent a notice from the Mayor of our Comune in Italy regarding our region - schools and public amenities are being closed for a week, no public gatherings to take place. There's only been one case detected in our region, so it's being taken seriously. I assume the authorities will review things next week.
All the best.

fallengt

You're not immune to corona
Is he a real doctor?

nvm: found his linkedin profile. He's not a medical doctor, he's a doctor of philosophy

Last edited:

The Firestarter

The notion of transmission of the virus through 5g signals has to be the dumbest conspiracy theory in the entirety of human history. Even the flat earth theory cant hold a candle to that shit.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Is he a real doctor?

nvm: found his linkedin profile. He's not a medical doctor, he's a doctor of philosophy
His PhD's in teaching bioscience and he's a retired senior lecturer of posgrad nurses. His other qualifications would indicate at least a decent level of area knowledge. He certainly shouldn't be considered the last word though.

Simbo

Is he a real doctor?

Philosophy? Sure you found the right guy? Check his video history if want an idea of his qualifications, looks like he's been teaching anatomy most his adult life, I gave up scrolling after a few hundred vids.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
His PhD's in teaching bioscience and he's a retired senior lecturer of posgrad nurses. His other qualifications would indicate at least a decent level of area knowledge. He certainly shouldn't be considered the last word though.
So what you are saying is that Indians are immune to corona virus?

You're willng to go on the record as saying that?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Seems very likely.

She first tested positive on 29 January and was discharged from the hospital after recovering on 1 February, before testing negative on 6 February.

People don't fully recover from the regular full blown flu (like I can personally attest atm) in only 2 or 3 days so why would that be different with the corona virus? Even if she wasn't showing symptoms it didn't mean the virus wasn't still active. Seems odd.
That's ridiculous. She might have been feeling better one day, then worse again the other. I've had normal cold/flu's like that.

This'll then be spread about that the virus is mutating at an extreme rate and can't be stopped! if you catch it once you can catch it 1000x!

It's going to take way more than a week to get this out of your system properly. No wonder China has spread so fast if they let you walk out after a few days.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Iran would suggest otherwise... opposite even?
Eh? It gets pretty cold in parts of Iran in winter. Teheran has plenty of rain often temperatures below 0C this time of the year, occasionally snow as well.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Just received Whatsapp message claiming there’s over a dozen cases in Dublin hospitals right now.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
So what you are saying is that Indians are immune to corona virus?

You're willng to go on the record as saying that?
You may have misconstrued my post. His videos have cropped up quite often in this thread and his interests stray somewhat beyond the comedic notion that Indians, in all their infinite variety, are somehow immune. Even though they're educational, informative and well explained his opinions on the topic of COVID-19 in general shouldn't be considered the last word

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Well Indians aren't immune of course, he was just answering a question. And of course, he's not the last word on this but he's the best we've got as we don't seem to have top virologists dedicating their time to making YouTube videos for us. He explains the medical information for us in layman's terms and that's pretty good imo.

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded
I’m off to Japan in April for our delayed honeymoon. Unless the flight is cancelled and we can’t get there, nothing will stop us wanting to go.

Find the huge doom mongering and worry such a weird way to live your life. You can’t control it, get on with it and stop panicking

fallengt

I’m off to Japan in April for our delayed honeymoon. Unless the flight is cancelled and we can’t get there, nothing will stop us wanting to go.

Find the huge doom mongering and worry such a weird way to live your life. You can’t control it, get on with it and stop panicking
It's not about you though, It's very selfish to think it that way. The risk here is a virus outbreak in another country.

I didnt say you shouldn't trust him, did I? Only watched the video above and what he said are correct to my knowledge. But in the age of fake news, people get misinformed easily, no harm to cross check everything

If you took Trump and CDC's words for it, you'd think we re dealing with just another seasonal flu. In 2010, Swine flu had killed over 12000 people(60m infected) in the US alone btw.

Last edited:

Xeno

Enjoy, incredible place.

prateik

Is he a real doctor?

I clicked on one of his videos a few days back after seeing it linked here..

Basically was saying he doesnt trust the data coming out of China or Iran. Doesnt believe North Korea doesnt have any cases and was saying he had heard otherwise from his "sources" .. without naming anyone..

Typical wannabe ITK bullshit. Nothing we havent seen before in the transfer forums.

Also, the video description had a link to donate to him via paypal..

Didn't know he wasnt even a medical doctor :lol:

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Surely work,schools and university's has to shut down for 1 month Around here no? Due to the coronavirus
All the foreigners travelling to and from Asia, Italy, Poland .Albania etc .

The joys of facebook

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Isn’t panic over this exaggerated? My company has suggested to cancel travel if not absolutely necessary, my wife’s company has forbidden their employees from all locations to travel. And both are sales companies which rely on people traveling so financial hit will be substantial.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Surely work,schools and university's has to shut down for 1 month Around here no? Due to the coronavirus
All the foreigners travelling to and from Asia, Italy, Poland .Albania etc .

The joys of facebook
What does Poland have to do with it, we haven’t had a single case.