5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Classical Mechanic

From that game vs Liverpool to the bench just because, dunno age? It cant be form, he is fit vs person who comes from period of being injured. feck, if you are good enough shit, means feck all.
Probably because when we played against Palace and tried to play a bit more he was terrible and was subbed at half time. If we were going to sit in then he would have been the right choice. We should have played like that in hindsight.

Devil may care

Wrongly dropped so Mourinho can play his boy and try to convince him to stay, he at the very least covers his position properly and can move about a bit, something Fellaini didn't offer.

Oddboy

Should have been a nailed on starter tonight. Was comfortably one of our best players vs. Pool and would have bullied that Sevilla midfield. Lets not get carried away I'm not saying he's the answer to all our problems, but given current form and how he performed recently in a midfield 2 with Matic, I feel he should have been given a run out today.

R'hllor

Probably because when we played against Palace and tried to play a bit more he was terrible and was subbed at half time. If we were going to sit in then he would have been the right choice. We should have played like that in hindsight.
Well it was game away and even so guess Afro is better at playing bit more, gotcha.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I'd be thanking my lucky stars for getting dropped today, if I was him. Turned into everyone's favorite midfielder by virtue of not taking part of that shite.

Walters_19_MuFc

Scott didn't play tonight because for whatever reason Mourinho changed from a double pivot of Matic and McTominay, to just Matic holding.

He should have just went with Matic and McTominay holding, with the attacking quartet causing chaos.

Classical Mechanic

Well it was game away and even so guess Afro is better at playing bit more, gotcha.
We were trying to hit Fellani long further up the pitch. Matic was on his own screening the defence. Against Liverpool we played with McTominay alongside Matic so the defence had double the help. If we had played a Fellani in a double pivot with Matic today we would have looked a lot better too.

Man Utd 2:0 Brighton

el3mel

Thought he was poor today. Our midfield was mostly non existent and I can't fault anyone bar him.

As I said in match day thread he seems to be playing according to the occasion, the harder the opponents the harder he works on the pitch.

Eddy_JukeZ

Some wayward passes. Decent otherwise. His strengths are more pronounced when we don't have the ball imo(like the Liverpool game when he was excellent tbf).

Need someone better in that position long term if Jose sticks with the double pivot.

Based Adnan

2nd most touches and 2nd most passes only to Matic. Thought he was good first half, tailed off a bit in the second but the whole team did imo so unfair to put that solely on Scott.

Had a bit more responsibility tonight as well. Not just with the ball at his feet but with Matic being a bit more attacking with the ball he was the one sitting when Matic ventured forwards. Thought he had some good balls in between the lines as well, particularly in the first half.

binary bot
He looks really good defensively, but the complete opposite in possession. Won't be needed against most teams at OT as he offers little on the ball.

kundalini

I thought he was fine.

2nd most completed passes of any player on the pitch (79) behind Matic, ahead of Mata (69). Sure he made a few passes that could have been better but so did most players

85% pass completion. 1 key pass.

2 interceptions

2 successful tackles

Dispossessed twice.

Last edited:

Giggs86

A good option to have defensively as he does a lot of dirty work for the team and takes some load off of Matic, but this can't be enough for him to be a starter at United. He must offer more going forward.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
Sorry but can any of the people who are hyping this average kid tell me why they think he could be a Manchester United midfielder? You cannot play in midfield if you can't make very easy passes, that is really simple. Other than that he passed back and sideways. He's just awful passer and really not a destroyer either. Stubborn Mourinho's project, desperately trying to prove the point. I'd even say he's Blackett of midfield

Zoo

He needs to start showing a bit more personality in his play. I think he can do it. I think back to his goal in preseason against Valerenga where his finish reminded me of Lampard.

Devil may care

He started off ok but I thought he struggled in the second half, Matic started to wander a bit and Brighton were able to run through the center of the team with ease.

Art Vandelay

Some wayward passes. Decent otherwise. His strengths are more pronounced when we don't have the ball imo(like the Liverpool game when he was excellent tbf).

Need someone better in that position long term if Jose sticks with the double pivot.
I'd say we need someone better short term, rather than long term. He's only a kid and relatively new to playing in midfield, it will take him a few years to get to where we need him. Getting someone in short term that he can learn from and cover for will help him get there.

Ekeke

In light of our defeat against Valencia, some posters suggested it was because he wasnt picked instead of Fellaini.

If he put in today's performance on that day it may have been a big knock on his confidence and he might have been the one scapegoated. So probably best for him that he missed that game.

Deleted member 101472

If renato sanches performed like that for Swansea, there would be a few new pages slating him in his thread. He made so many simple mistakes today it didn’t make sense. 1/10 performance.

Roboc7

Ok in first half but really poor in second, looks like a decent squad player who can do a job but nothing more at this stage.

Based Adnan

In light of our defeat against Valencia, some posters suggested it was because he wasnt picked instead of Fellaini.

If he put in today's performance on that day it may have been a big knock on his confidence and he might have been the one scapegoated. So probably best for him that he missed that game.
But it's ok to play him vs Liverpool or even away at Seville? But not at home? He didn't play because Mou had a specific game plan with Fellaini and it backfired spectacularly.

Bwuk

Not his best showing but the massive difference between him and Fellaini playing there is obvious.

Even when McTominay isn’t playing great he keeps the shape of the side together.

Web of Bissaka

He smells danger, some moments doesn't react fast enough though.

Perhaps the "best" game where he made the most attacking passes, which then his passing ability got found out.

Brought out the best of Matic today, well done, that's all needed of him.

Edit: His passing ability is fine, but obv not spectacular, though he can make an unexpected good forward pass mind. I can't see him as a passer or playmaker type of midfielder, so passing and creativity is not where his best game is.

Last edited:

Ekeke

But it's ok to play him vs Liverpool or even away at Seville? But not at home? He didn't play because Mou had a specific game plan with Fellaini and it backfired spectacularly.
If we lost those games would there have been as much doom, gloom and blame going around as when we go out of europe?

Based Adnan

If we lost those games would there have been as much doom, gloom and blame going around as when we go out of europe?
He played against Seville which was half of the overall tie and was one of our better players. Would there be as much doom/gloom as Seville if we lost at home vs Liverpool? Yes absolutely. Both were high pressure games just like the 2-0 loss vs Seville and he did more than fine. It was a mistake to not play him at home vs Seville and to be fair I still don't know why he didn't/what the game plan was for Fellaini.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
I think he wasnt terrible today. Obviously it wasnt his best match.
I hope he has more in his repertoire because you can tell he will be a PL level player, but we need CL level players, otherwise we will be stuck in the years to come

RooneyLegend

Sorry but can any of the people who are hyping this average kid tell me why they think he could be a Manchester United midfielder? You cannot play in midfield if you can't make very easy passes, that is really simple. Other than that he passed back and sideways. He's just awful passer and really not a destroyer either. Stubborn Mourinho's project, desperately trying to prove the point. I'd even say he's Blackett of midfield
He'll struggle to be a prem level midfielder. Have no idea how he's gotten so much praise, he reeks of mediocrity.

automaticflare

Great in a big game to add solidity

Should not ever need him in game like today where ability on the ball is required to open up opposition

Welbeckham

His passing was atrocious yesterday. I think he is currently suitable to play a part, he is a decent footballer, but I don't see enormous potential for the future. He lacks in a things that are the most hard to develop, his technique and forward passing should already be better at 21. He still is a decent option simply because he suits Matic well.

Kostov

He was atrocious, but he is young and learning so is expected. Even though I don’t rate his talent high, and the hype on here is ridiculous. He will be lucky to be a Manchester United player long term.

Djemba-Djemba

He was atrocious, but he is young and learning so is expected. Even though I don’t rate his talent high, and the hype on here is ridiculous. He will be lucky to be a Manchester United player long term.
Is the hype on here really ridiculous though?

Most posters seem to agree he's a solid enough player who can do a job but he's nothing special.

Status
Not open for further replies.