Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
20 appearances for him this season. More than Fellaini, Bailly, Shaw, Blind, Darmian, Rojo.
Really? Feels like about 5. I like the look of him though. He's shown he can handle it as well as anyone. Will be a useful player, whether he becomes first choice or backup.

Bruno8

Scott has disappeared from the scene despite not doing much wrong. Is Jose going for experience in the last few games at the expense of a rookie?

RedStarUnited

Scott has disappeared from the scene despite not doing much wrong. Is Jose going for experience in the last few games at the expense of a rookie?
Herrera came back and performed well. Jose stopped fuffing about with Pogba and he has been perfoming too.

Just a shame for us that this all happened after the CL period.

Chillosophy

Came across this on the club's official page http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...ettle-into-senior-manchester-united-team.aspx.

He's really had a breakthrough-season, not Rashford-esque but still impressive. He's been doing a solid job in several important games and I can't wait to see what the future holds for the lad if he successfully develops some technical aspects to his game, he seems to be like a sponge tactically already.

Might be wise to loan him out next season though, depending on how many midfielders we end up signing.

Full interview with Scott can be found on the club's youtubechannel if anyone's interested.

Reactions: Penna

R'hllor

:lol: Got a reward from his manager just so he could sit on bench few days after , so the man who came out all proud about how he is holding our balls in contract talks and isnt 100% will be here next season. JM can do one.

Sterling Archer

:lol: Got a reward from his manager just so he could sit on bench few days after , so the man who came out all proud about how he is holding our balls in contract talks and isnt 100% will be here next season. JM can do one.
Overreact much?

I wouldn't be really surprised if McTominay starts against Chelsea. He did in our 2-1 win and did quite well.

Acole9

Outstanding
If we're not starting Herrera I want to see this lad play, not Fellaini.

kundalini

If he wasn't our best performer on the night, then he was very close. Sometimes doing the simple thing is the right thing. Thought he linked well with Valencia in the first half. I was expecting his shot to find the back of the net.

el3mel

Actually thought he was pointless today. No problem with him but the game didn't need him.

Bwuk

Good performance. Happy for him to be Matics back up next season.

Litch

Seems like a grounded lad but he clearly shows how far our expectations have been lowered. He represents everything wrong with us at moment. He's boring, limited, safe, lacking creativity which makes him so Jose's Man Utd. I'm not surprised Jose awarded him a trophy. I'd sooner see a Chong or Gomes who are the polar opposite.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
If he wasn't our best performer on the night, then he was very close. Sometimes doing the simple thing is the right thing. Thought he linked well with Valencia in the first half. I was expecting his shot to find the back of the net.
But doing the simple thing ALL the time is not the right thing. He contributed nothing to the game. It baffles how not trying to do anything other than the bare minimum was is turned into a good thing.

NinjaFletch

In McTominay's defence, there's no way a midfield containing Herrera and McTominay in front of a three man back line isn't overkill.

If he's going to make it will be in that Matic role, or instead of Herrera so a more progressive player can play alongside him, but I think today was just about giving him some more experience without having to load him with responsibility as the sole holding player.

Canagel

Definition of average. I don't want midfielders who play sideways, run around a bit and put in a couple of tackles. We are in trouble if Jose rates this guy. I want midfielders who can beat a man, dribble, get in the box at times and be a goal threat at the very least. Average is not good enough. Keeping it safe is not enough. I saw people praising him for making a turn. Talk about how standards have fallen...

kundalini

But doing the simple thing ALL the time is not the right thing. He contributed nothing to the game. It baffles how not trying to do anything other than the bare minimum was is turned into a good thing.
What should he have done then ? There were no strikers making forward runs so there never was a through-ball on. Pogba, Sanchez and to a lesser extent, Lingard, over-did the dribble into traffic thing. McTominay was involved in most of our good moves in the first half. Valencia one-two with McTominay was our best creative option.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
What should he have done then ? There were no strikers making forward runs so there never was a through-ball on. Pogba, Sanchez and to a lesser extent, Lingard, over-did the dribble into traffic thing. McTominay was involved in most of our good moves in the first half. Valencia one-two with McTominay was our best creative option.
Perhaps make one of those runs himself? Occupy a position ahead of the ball for a change? Look to turn a player? Play an early forward pass? He was supposed to be a box to box midfielder, he had a DM behind him so that he had license to go forward. Instead he chose to stand next to Valencia and play square passes to him. You're praising mediocrity.

Javi

Definition of average. I don't want midfielders who play sideways, run around a bit and put in a couple of tackles. We are in trouble if Jose rates this guy. I want midfielders who can beat a man, dribble, get in the box at times and be a goal threat at the very least. Average is not good enough. Keeping it safe is not enough. I saw people praising him for making a turn. Talk about how standards have fallen...
Odd criticism and downright obscure expectation from a midfielder imo. You must be hating Matic by your standards.

Wouldn't completely disagree with your assessment on McTominay, though he's having good scenes it's not enough to cut it as things stand. I would give him a place next season to prove himself, midfield is probably the hardest place to break through and I think it's plausible that being more established on the team will help with what is essential for young players, self-confidence.

Silas

His future is almost certainly going to be at DM. Completely pointless any further forward.

Canagel

Odd criticism and downright obscure expectation from a midfielder imo. You must be hating Matic by your standards.

Wouldn't completely disagree with your assessment on McTominay, though he's having good scenes it's not enough to cut it as things stand. I would give him a place next season to prove himself, midfield is probably the hardest place to break through and I think it's plausible that being more established on the team will help with what is essential for young players, self-confidence.
He was a box to box midfielder.That's the least he should've done. Didn't have any interest to move forward with the ball at all. Matic is a DM and I have critisized him also but for different reasons. McTominay may have a future as a ball winner but that's it. And almost definitely not here.

Javi

He was a box to box midfielder.That's the least he should've done. Didn't have any interest to move forward with the ball at all. Matic is a DM and I have critisized him also but for different reasons. McTominay may have a future as a ball winner but that's it.
Ok, then I have misunderstood you as I thought you included DM's in the term midfielder. Agree with the rest.

An Irish Red

He's a run of the mill player. He runs about a bit and throws himself into tackles but that's about it. He's a West Brom type of player.

If he played elsewhere then there wouldn't be a single person on this website who would want us to sign him.

Devil may care

I thought Gary Neville made an interesting observation on him tonight, thinks he's not good enough on the ball to be a United CM but can see him as a CB.

Beaucoup

Typical Caf, moan that Mourinho doesn’t give youth players a chance and when he does they throw the poor fecker under the bus. What will it take to make the spoilt brat ani-Mourinho brigade happy? 3-0, 4-0 every match,home and away. True it’s not great on the eye at the moment, but it’s considerably better than the utter shite served up by our last two managers.

Will you all still be moaning if we lift the FA cup I wonder, we are a team in transition and I couldn’t care less if we play shite and nick a win with a flukey deflected goal off Luke Shaw’s fat arse, as long as it puts another trophy in the cabinet.

Trizy

Everything in this post is spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.