Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Let him play for Scotland, he is not that good
Yet Henderson is lol McTominay looks the part I hope he plays for Scotland also. Jose has got big issues with the squad right now but his handling and promoting youth has been great here at OT imo.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Yet Henderson is lol McTominay looks the part I hope he plays for Scotland also. Jose has got big issues with the squad right now but his handling and promoting youth has been great here at OT imo.
No he isn't

Greck

Love the effort but not seeing the talent. The role of midfield destroyer isn't a glamorous one but he's still yet to show a standout feature in his skillset. Right now he's getting in on the infamous 'runs around a lot' requirement.

Also keeps it simple. That's good but won't make him a United regular anytime soon without something to go along with it

criticalanalysis

He's very good in his development thus far as a youth player and 'decent' as a Utd player.

Like Lingard, he might be a solid squad member and off the bench option. As of right now, I'd have him behind Herrera and before Fellani and Carrick in a 3 with Pogba and Matic obviously.

Some of the criticism is not wrong but the context here is that he shouldn't be regarded as an elite ability midfielder because even if he is, he would no way be able to show that in this passive, inconsistently coached Utd set up. Just look at Pogba's form ffs.

If he continues to get games and we finally have a set up where we can dominate games properly by controlling the opposition through midfield, pressing and a method of playing, he will do well.

Jetrooooo

I'm late to the party and I'm all for playing youth but I just don't see it.

During the game I was thinking about making a post that McTominay isn't the problem this game or replacing him will solve Man UTDs problems the last weeks, but I don't ever see him becoming United quality.

So I was really suprised to see all the positive reactions. I really want him to be good, but after seeing him this game and some others. He hasn't scored yet or given an assist. I don't see many forward or daring passes(The worst was a couple of 20cm passes to Sanchez where he could've played it wide fast), doesn't beat his man, not really agile nor fast, no amazing contribution defensively.

Mourinho probably wasnt him to keep it simple, but I havn't seen any glimmer of a big talent. I would like to see more from him. It's ok to make mistake, but at least try something.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Hazard has all day to do whatever he wants at the moment. Compare this job to the one Herrera did on him.

Mister_Stubbs

He is Darren Fletcher / Tom Cleverley mark three. If it weren’t for coming up through the academy he’d be championship level at best.

AndyJ1985

He is Darren Fletcher / Tom Cleverley mark three. If it weren’t for coming up through the academy he’d be championship level at best.
He'll do well to be half as good as Fletcher. Tom Cleverley is an apt comparison. He's just...meh

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I'd like to see him take more of a gamble with things instead of just going for the safe boring option.
He can’t though. He hasn’t shown anything, even in youth football, to suggest he has any kind of real passing ability.

slored1

All over the place. I would sub him off for Bailly as our defence needs an extra man against Hazard and Willian.

Roboc7

Has looked out of his depth today, when you are in the team to be the work horse you can’t afford to switch off like he did for the goal. Looks like he doesn’t know what to do with ball when he has it, hopefully he improves in 2nd half.

rpitchfo

Has looked out of his depth today, when you are in the team to be the work horse you can’t afford to switch off like he did for the goal. Looks like he doesn’t know what to do with ball when he has it, hopefully he improves in 2nd half.
he didn't switch off...you could see he thought his man was eden (as that's the job he's been asked to do). Just too young and inexperienced to recognise that the immediate danger was willian. The job he's been asked is too big for him. Shouldn't be starting.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Looks Lost out there, you can see he lack experience.

Really needs work on his positioning, I noticed he’s a always on top of our other players.

Worked hard but we need more.

Silas

Shocking mistake really. Not sure how much maturity has to do with knowing not to let an attacker run off you like that.

Ekeke

Don't think he was a main culprit in the goal, that was down to our fullbacks. However, although he has 1 or 2 decent moments by and large he hasnt got on the ball much and has recovered the ball just 1 time.

He just isnt effective. He looks very much an inexperienced CM without stand-out qualities today.

Romez

I just don’t see the talent, no stand out attributes a CM should have. Average.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He can’t though. He hasn’t shown anything, even in youth football, to suggest he has any kind of real passing ability.
Exactly. We're not saying he isn't good enough just because of his first team showings as he never - for me anyway - impressed in the youth teams either. People compare him to Fletcher but Fletcher was a star in the youth teams. He'll do well to be as good as Cleverley and that isn't an insult.

Status
Not open for further replies.