5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roboc7

Shouldn’t be on the pitch unless there is an injury crisis, feel sorry for him as I think he would struggle in the championship.

freeurmind

weak willed
Really can't see any justification for him starting over Fred and Pereira after his last 2 performances. I'd sit him till January and maybe try to get him a loan move.

Djemba-Djemba

He's clearly not good enough but you can't be upset or angry at him, he's not the one picking himself to play.

It's bad management from Mourinho and unfair to a young player.

Too many loose touches for a PL player let alone a centre mid at Manchester United. Moved back to provide assurance in defence and still had to be subbed, not a good day.

Based Adnan

Young midfielder gets moved back to CB in an important game when his team is already down 2-0 and the pressure has been on them in the build up to the match

And then you wonder why he played "scared"

saivet

He's clearly not good enough but you can't be upset or angry at him, he's not the one picking himself to play.

It's bad management from Mourinho and unfair to a young player.
And then Mourinho says he was scared despite putting him out of position too.

Idxomer

He always seems lost out there, not just today. Even the likes of Paddy McNair looked more comfortable in the past.

MadMike

He just ins't at the level that is required to be starting games for us, never mind important ones. Like everyone I don't understand Jose on this. He's being irrationally stubborn in persevering with him.

Ekeke

He just ins't at the level that is required to be starting games for us, never mind important ones. Like everyone I don't understand Jose on this. He's being irrationally stubborn in persevering with him.
Not just with him, but in destabilizing our defense in general. All 3 league defeats we've had something weird going on at CB. Whether its Ander + Jones & Smalling, Lindelof & Bailly with Andreas starting as DM in front of them or McTominay + Smalling & Lindelof.

He seems extremely stubborn in coming up with an unlikely solution to a problem he created in the first place.

Loublaze

ATLien
Mourinho's yes boy. Nothing against the kid but he shouldn't be starting over Pereira. He shouldn't be starting or United period right now.

JoaquinJoaquin

To be fair José has given him more chances than he deserves, and he hasn't made the most of the opportunity. He only started today to try and rebuild his confidence from last week, but it done the opposite as he just isn't good enough. Doubt we will see much more of him now.

PaulRich

Bang average - we’ve let far better go and ply their trade elsewhere with far less of a chance - championship at best for this lad

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Jose refuses to play Fred who had great run of games in Champions League but throws this boy on deep waters with him not even being in somekind of form to play.

The scenes.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
There’s nothing to really discuss about him. Clear as day he’s not a footballer that belongs at a premier league level. I really hate how Mourinho is using him in his madness ritual to the board.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Championship player. Giving youth a chance is great but not like this. It is clear that Pl and Man utd are not his level

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s a lotto winner.

I can never be mad at him for his performances though, as he is, after all, just Scott McTominay. A nothing player.

Red Royal

Remember when so many people on here slated Darrren Fletcher?? This kid may come good but needs just a few minutes in a game weve won comfortably-if that ever happens.

Josh 76

I would swap him for Nick Powell tommorow. But don't think Wigan would agree!

That's two bad games in a row for him let's see if jose shunts him out the squad like he did with Pereira.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Remember when so many people on here slated Darrren Fletcher?? This kid may come good but needs just a few minutes in a game weve won comfortably-if that ever happens.
The only resemblance is the lack of flair.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s easily a worse midfielder than Cleverley who was let go.

Alabaster Codify7

He’s easily a worse midfielder than Cleverley who was let go.

As much as I hated Cleverly, this is definitely true. Cleverly at least had 'a thing' - he wasn't particularly good at it, but you could at least tell what sort of CM he was supposed to be.

McTominay has no redeeming qualities at all. He's not particularly good at any aspect of his job, he's just tall.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Never struck me as someone who has the actual ability to play for us.

His mentality is obviously impressive, but I think his use of the ball on the pitch leaves a lot to be desired.

Seen a few refer to Fletcher. Fletcher was always quite good technically, often likened to David Beckham in his younger days. I think Mctominay is just a bang average midfielder.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Fletcher was massively rated at a young age, so much so that Fergie originally wanted to bring him into the team when he was 16. He then had two years wiped out through injury if I remember correctly, and when he came in he struggled for a couple of years (but even then he was performing better than McTominay is). McTominay in comparison has never been particularly rated or stood out amongst our youngsters, which is why so many were surprised he has gotten this chance and the accusation of it only being because of his height.

I think some in here are a little harsh on him. He could go on to be an interesting squad player and I wouldn't mind seeing him play occasionally when we are resting Matic. But let's be honest, it's absolutely ridiculous that he's being played as much as he is ahead of some far more talented players. Not only are they more talented, but they'd give the team as a whole a better balance.

Strats

He did look scared. Had no idea on what he and Young were doing at the second goal.

luke511

As much as I hated Cleverly, this is definitely true. Cleverly at least had 'a thing' - he wasn't particularly good at it, but you could at least tell what sort of CM he was supposed to be.

McTominay has no redeeming qualities at all. He's not particularly good at any aspect of his job, he's just tall.
I'd say Cleverley's problem was he didn't have a 'thing', was 5/10 at everything he did except for easy, risk free passes.

Moriarty

Not a centre half by a long chalk so we can't really complain at his performance there. Not a bad squad player but shouldn't be in the reckoning for a starting first team spot every week.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
That was nonsense starting him today. Completely out of his depth. We basically wasted 2 subs because of him. Should have came off when we made the Bailly sub. Jose didn’t want to throw him under the bus but he did just that leaving him on

Status
Not open for further replies.