6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RooneyLegend

Simply not good enough to start for a team with serious ambitions. Barely good enough for our bench.

jungledrums

I'm beginning to think I'm terrible at judging football. Either that or this forum is mental. I thought he had a tidy game considering he's doing work for two. He's not expected to do much more than break up play, initiate counters and keep it tidy with the CBs.
Can this myth that he’s doing work for two fecking die? Pogba worked very hard today - he was a little sloppy at times but certainly not due to laziness. I’d love to see how much ground Pogba covered versus Mctominay. I highly doubt there’d be much in it.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
We knew on deadline day our midfield would trip us up. The only good one doesn't want to be here and he's not perfect as tonight proved.

Work in progress. Need to invest £200m into that midfield and attack next summer.

Jacob

Can this myth that he’s doing work for two fecking die? Pogba worked very hard today - he was a little sloppy at times but certainly not due to laziness. I’d love to see how much ground Pogba covered versus Mctominay. I highly doubt there’d be much in it.
Quoted while waiting for data.

LJJT

I’m a big fan of his but don’t think he played so good today, wasn’t great vs Chelsea either. His passing needs to vastly improve especially key moments when a break is on.

Crashoutcassius

Part of a very young team with no experience who fell apart a bit when they equalised and the noise grew in the stadium. Good game otherwise, actually thought he was better than at Chelsea and part of a midfield 3 with Pogba and Lingard who didn't create much but totally dominated a midfield that was 'miles better' as judged by the red cafe scouts yesterday

Walters_19_MuFc

Not one of his better performances tonight. Was sloppy in possession. Pressed very well as usual, though, and is a big reason as to why we're able to press like we have been doing this season.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Lost his head in the second half. Couldn't control or pass the ball.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Uninspiring.
Succinctly put. Didn’t do much at all, which isn’t bad in and of it self but I mean he’s United midfielder ffs.

anyhoo, we're going to see him start a lot games for at least another season so best get used to it.

NJM78

His lack of real talent on the ball showed tonight. He's like a Fletcher type although not as good yet.
Got swarmed tonight especially in that second half but its not all his fault, he is being thrust into the first team as a starter for a team devoid of real quality in the center of the park. He will surely have a lot better games especially at OT but like our so called number 10 (not Rashford) I think he should be a bench option only.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Very poor in the second half. Gave the ball away twice in the space of a minute at one stage. Cannot pick out passes, as in he has no vision. Just passes to the first teamate he sees.

Not convinced by him tbh. Perhaps if we had won, i would have a different opinion.

I think himself and Lingarrd are only in the team because they are academy lads. Think we can do better than them.

edgecutter

He just isn't good enough to start for United and that isn't his fault. The fact that we come into this season requiring him to be a starter shows how inept our board really are.

slored1

Wasn't composed enough in posession and a bit loose defensively. Not his best game.

passing-wind

He was rubbish today but the better alternative to Matic. Can't blame Ole for this either the glazers messed around, that's two midfielders this far we haven't replaced.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Had a mare in the second half for 10 minutes, where he misplaced one pass after the other
This but that apparently undoes all the good stuff he did for the other 80 minutes

Classical Mechanic

He’s a squadie for me. We need better starting in midfield. He has good battling qualities but looked really limited tonight against a compact and cagey team.

Stadjer

Wolves their midfielders are better than him... atleast the two from Portugal are.

He is young and shows some promise but in a perfect world he wouldnt be a starting Manchester United midfielder at this moment in his career.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He needs to be a lot better on the ball yo be honest. Far too often he has a sloppy touch or pass, and he gets a free pass about it because its McTominay and is still seen as a younger player, but this is essentially seen as his tryout season to see if he can become that player for us to sit in midfield. If he is to become that long term so we don't look for a replacement, he needs to do a lot more than he did today. Not sure if he has it in him ultimately, but we'll see.

If I had to put money on who would be a starter in our midfield 5 years from now, i'd say theres a better chance that Garner is starting for United than McTominay. Just not talented enough to be more than a squad player.

jungledrums

Quoted while waiting for data.
Great, I look forward to the results. There’s virtually no number the data can produce that would justify your frankly rubbish opinion that McT is playing for two players though. That’s just moronic. Pogba was good - not great - today.

Andersons Dietician

Wasn’t good today. Sloppy with the ball giving it away like it was a red headed stepchild and just being really slow to make decisions. I feel like we sort of have a good team but we need better quality in 3 positions and his is one of them.

Jacob

Great, I look forward to the results. There’s virtually no number the data can produce that would justify your frankly rubbish opinion that McT is playing for two players though. That’s just moronic. Pogba was good - not great - today.
I didn't say he had to cover for Pogba - but he did. McTominay is doing DM work as well as the 6.

flappyjay

Didn't see anything good besides the energy in possession he was useless, sideways passes to the closest team mate. Mind you we would just be fine if our number 10 was not so useless. We need him to be a bit more useful in possession because lingard/Mata are no where near good enough

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Still think he can become a great player for us. Perhaps would’ve been wiser getting an experienced head in who can actually run that McTominay can basically nick their spot in a couple years.

On the other hand, all this game time will hopefully catalyse his development.

jungledrums

I didn't say he had to cover for Pogba - but he did. McTominay is doing DM work as well as the 6.
No, you just implied. What else could you possibly have meant? He’s playing as the 6 in a 4231... that’s literally his role.

Roboc7

His ability on the ball is painful at this level but we don’t have much choice. Did his best but out of his depth tonight.

AP88

Supports
Man City
Garner, Levitt and Gomes are all infinitely more talented than him; he can a useful around refined footballers, but lacks the quality to dictate a game.

It’s only a matter of time before Jones or Tuanzebe end up in midfield.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
i never said that.

Anyway, he shouldnt be starting every game for us, but we have no real better options
I know you didn't, it's a point lost on many though

passing-wind

Bollocks at its finest.

Had a poor game though.
Your posts are incredibly vague, you will disregard others opinion without giving a basis or concensus as to why your own findings and analysis are relevant.

Many of the passes Scott distributed tonight was misplaced or intercepted both arially / along the ground. Scott seldom transitions the play from a defensive position to the attack either. This indicates he is limited technically and lacks proficiency in the most important elements a midfielder needs at this club. While he's not poor off the ball he has next to no dynamics in possession.

If you need representation of what calibre of midfielder is needed at any top four club, look no further than Ndombele. He and Scott are exactly the same age, have the same influences positionally but the differences in quality is abundantly clear. Solskjaer also isn't accommodating the midfield well, Jose already tried the double pivot midfield with Pogba and Matic and it was awful. Ole is now building that same foundation with an even less experienced player and that's why there's no creativity stemming from the midfield.

Eddy_JukeZ

We need a much better player on the ball and passer than him in that position.

Jacob

No, you just implied. What else could you possibly have meant? He’s playing as the 6 in a 4231... that’s literally his role.
Agree to disagree. Pogba is far from an easy partner to play with. It is often that you can expect to be caught on your heels with a misplaced pass or dispossession.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
This was McTominays 46th Premier League match, he's still learning the game, was playing on the left side, which he is not used to, and will make mistakes. When he's played a hundred or so matches, then you can probably see if he will be good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.