6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

PoTMS

Can we have a amnesty thread for bad opinions on Scott McTominay, for those of us who need to confess our sins of thinking he was just Mourinho’s stooge? I need to be able to enjoy him playing like this guilt free. Quickly becoming my favourite player.
Yes, I'm all for this. He's made us all look like fools and I'm loving it.

eire-red

His performance tonight and against Norwich was really, really good. Delighted for him and couldn't be happier to be wrong about a player.

He's showing a different side to his game lately, his passing has really improved and he's adding a goal threat too. His intensity and defensive work is also brilliant. Great stuff and delighted for him

Paul_Scholes18

He got such a good engine and drive. Needs to improve his passing though, but he got everything else.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
So,for fans who keep a strong interest in our academy, who here saw McTomminay and thought he would be one to look out for ?

See,for someone like me who has a basic idea of who's coming though and who's rated highly,it seems McTomminay almost came from nowhere.

There was no hype,no fanfare and yet here he is performing and is comfortably our second best midfielder after Pogba and ,the best thing is, he seems to be improving game by game at such a considerable rate.

Reactions: golden_blunder

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
People have been taking the piss out of “Brexit United” but our best players this season have been James, McTominay and Wan-Bissaka. McTominay is absolute class, what a player.

R'hllor

He knows this is it for him and he plays like it, regardless of opinions when it comes to his qualities, boy knows whats up. You find upgrade on him, you are basically golden in every sense.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Put on a great shift. Was worried about the early yellow but he just bossed it. Best player on the pitch for me, two games in a row.

Augustus Gloop

I thought his first half performance was his best in the shirt. Literally broke everything up despite being on a yellow. Was immense.

Quieter second half but disciplined enough to help control the game without getting sent off.

He & Fred look decent, Brazil and Scotland looking slick together!

Reactions: golden_blunder

Thiagoal

He plays like a man possessed! Absolutely bossing it and showing great maturity and leadership with it! Keep going lad

simmee

Thought he was quite poor at the start of the season, gave away the ball a lot etc.

He looks so much more composed now, his developing curve really is insane.

kundalini

Gets booked inside the first 10 mins, then spent the rest of the game dominating the match through his pressing, tackling and interceptions. His shot just wide from the corner was a decent attempt.

MetoTTT

James and Wan-Bissaka say hello, but I agree McTominay has been fantastic.
I agree. Unfortunately at this stage he should be what Herrera is at PSG, a very good squad player to rotate and squad depht (same for James) but they're key players here.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He is insane. :lol: Just incredibly fun to follow this boy's development.

Bwuk

Fantastic again.

He’s become a leader in this side too.

SER19

Remember so many on this forum were adamant that he was being used as a ‘pawn’ by big bad Jose.

The red cafe tinfoil hat collective.

Walters_19_MuFc

If pogba played like that....
If Pogba played how McTomz did today, I honestly don't think people would be happy.

McTominay has categorised himself into a ball winning midfielder, and fans are happy to see him get around the pitch and throw in solid tackles. Job done!

Pogba, on the other hand, for whatever reason, is categorised into ball winner, goalscorer and creator, and doesn't have a good game unless he's doing all three.

m1tch

Are you implying that if Pogba gave a similar performance he would be criticised or you wish Pogba gave similar performances?

I'm assuming it's the former.
I'm assuming he meant if only Pogba played with the attitude McT does. The old adage of hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

GlasgowCeltic

When Ole switched to a three he started making those bursts through midfield, he looks full of confidence.

m1tch

If Pogba played how McTomz did today, I honestly don't think people would be happy.

McTominay has categorised himself into a ball winning midfielder, and fans are happy to see him get around the pitch and throw in solid tackles. Job done!

Pogba, on the other hand, for whatever reason, is categorised into ball winner, goalscorer and creator, and doesn't have a good game unless he's doing all three.
I wouldn't say many expect Pogba to be a ball winner, especially when he was in a more advanced position. What I would expect from Pogba is for him not to be caught in possession, not to give it away cheaply, work to recover it if he does, then the creating and scoring goals is what an advanced midfielder's role is and it is what he's supposed to be good at. He cost a world record fee because he's supposed to be world class, these aren't unreasonable expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.