Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I’ve been calling him out for being limited on the ball and hiding in riskier situations but he was keyed up tonight. He kept driving through and was always available. Our best player by a mile tonight. If he can bring that next season he’ll be very useful.

I’m still gutted that Ole of all people didn’t show any initiative with the subs tonight at around 70 mins. The game was there for the taking against an average side and he shat the bed playing for penalties from then on. It’s so fecking small time. McTominay should be the hero but the management let the players down, end of the story.

MU655

I feel his performance is being overrated, and it seems an indictment of our current position. When the game was tight, he had no impact on the game. 45 minutes in the first half, 10 minutes in the second half, and the whole of extra time he had no impact because space did not exist. Without space, he is a player with very little use.

He does run with the ball and can dribble in space, but tighten it up and he gives away the ball a lot through both passing and dribbling. There are a few dangerous occasions where he gave the ball away that fortunately didn't end in anything because Villarreal were pretty poor on the ball themselves.

Despite all the running, it didn't really end in any creation of chances. His passing is too limited for that. You could possibly say the corner, but it would be flimsy. The goal wasn't even scored from the corner; it was scored due to a pretty lucky deflection.

I just think the rating system is coming down to accommodate lesser player. He is limited, and people know he is, so they choose to judge him based on his limitation rather than the levels a Manutd midfielder should be. He may have been one of the better performers on the pitch, but it was nowhere near 'outstanding' or things like that. It was alright for those 30 minutes, but outside of that I actually thought he wasn't very impactful.

United in sin

Brilliant tonight
Brilliant is overstating things in a mediocre game like that. He ran around a lot and showed fight but there wasn't a single moment of genuine quality or brilliance to effect the game

For me he's the most overrated player in this squad

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
One of the few who knew what it meant to be a United player in a cup final.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Brilliant is overstating things in a mediocre game like that. He ran around a lot and showed fight but there wasn't a single moment of genuine quality or brilliance to effect the game

Did you expect him to playnake for us?

ROFLUTION

He's been class in big games many times now. PSG, Liverpool, City, etc and this.

If he can do it in these games, he's not just a mediocre player as some claim.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

I disagree, he usually stands up to be counted in the big matches. How many of the team can you say that about?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Did everything what Pogba should do in the first place. I really don't understand this team's dynamic sometimes.

United in sin

I disagree, he usually stands up to be counted in the big matches. How many of the team can you say that about?
What other big games has he put a performance in this season? He usually drifts out of games when the opposition take the game to us.

He hides and attempts less tackles and passes than Fred. How many times has he been called out for not making himself available for the ball? Solskjaer even lumbasted him for this during a game before

Last edited:

AgentSmith

Quiet first half but stepped up in the 2nd half when very few other did. His driving runs through midfield were the best part of our performance.

Great attitude and a very good squad option moving forward.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
MOTM. I always say if there is a time when a midfield to start hitting his prime, it will be when they are 25. I'm putting high expectation on him to hit his prime next season.

Walters_19_MuFc

Out of the front 6, you'd probably say he's our least talented/talked about player, yet he put in a class performance tonight. Had the other 5 done the same, there's no doubt in my mind that we'd be celebrating a win.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Was brilliant today, credit to him. Gave his all, showed good quality on the ball... didn't deserve to be on the losing side. Him and Greenwood specifically.

MattyB1986

This lad's got the right mentality... Played class tonight, where players with a bigger name started hiding, he never. Well done Scott.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Don't think he's really good enough to be the main man in midfield, but the Fletcher comparisons in terms of application and attitude are very apt. We need more players with his attitude in the squad.

SAFMUTD

Nothing else can be asked from him, run his socks out. Still dont want him as a starter because he lacks quality but he gave everything tonight.

Diamond Chap

Supports
Airdrieonians
I feel his performance is being overrated, and it seems an indictment of our current position. When the game was tight, he had no impact on the game. 45 minutes in the first half, 10 minutes in the second half, and the whole of extra time he had no impact because space did not exist. Without space, he is a player with very little use.

He does run with the ball and can dribble in space, but tighten it up and he gives away the ball a lot through both passing and dribbling. There are a few dangerous occasions where he gave the ball away that fortunately didn't end in anything because Villarreal were pretty poor on the ball themselves.

Despite all the running, it didn't really end in any creation of chances. His passing is too limited for that. You could possibly say the corner, but it would be flimsy. The goal wasn't even scored from the corner; it was scored due to a pretty lucky deflection.

I just think the rating system is coming down to accommodate lesser player. He is limited, and people know he is, so they choose to judge him based on his limitation rather than the levels a Manutd midfielder should be. He may have been one of the better performers on the pitch, but it was nowhere near 'outstanding' or things like that. It was alright for those 30 minutes, but outside of that I actually thought he wasn't very impactful.
Wow

Wow!
Give the guy some credit.
Didn't let either the fans or himself down, unlike the "Superstars" in the team.

valeron21

Mcom was good tonight, offered the few atttacking threats we had by driving past players, wasteful when he got into a good position but did well overall. Deffo would of slotted a pen of had the chance

always_hoping

One of Uniteds best players tonight a number of his teammates simply deliver the same effort or leadership.

MU655

Wow

Wow!
Give the guy some credit.
Didn't let either the fans or himself down, unlike the "Superstars" in the team.
I will slate a player for not working hard, but I wouldn't really give a player too much credit for it. In the end, that is an expectation of getting paid millions to play football for a living.

He does work hard and he does try, but his performance wasn't great by real Manutd standards. Overall, I thought it mostly highlighted his weaknesses, and showed he really should be playing for a lower level club. Premier League, yes, but not top level.

I judge players by Manutd midfield standards, myself. It might sound harsh, but that is how it should be at the top level. You get paid more to play at a higher level, so the ratings of performances should also be tighter.

Besides, I actually think he only really made an impact on 30 minutes of 120. So, it was actually a minority.

Anyway, I haven't said I was happy with other player's performances. Pogba seemed to sit deeper in the second half and disappeared.(By instruction or not, I don't know).

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He’s not good enough, but he was our best player tonight, which says it all about the overall display really. Can hold his head high, gave everything.

Swiss_Red89

Hated a lot in here. Our best player today. He will be a memeber of the squad until he retires.

Roboc7

He didn’t turn up in the first half, had some good moments in the second half running with the ball but didn’t show much quality. Fact he was still one of our best players in the game shows how bad last night was.

KeanoMagicHat

Wouldn't be McTominay's biggest fan but great performance last night and one of his best with a United shirt. Certainly wasn't his fault the team didn't win.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Should be proud of his performance tonight. Almost dragged you to the win in the 2nd half.

Status
Not open for further replies.