5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Litch

....and people said it was Fred's fault why Scott wasn't playing ever game like against Burnley......

slored1

A painfully average player that doesn't start for any top 15 team in this league. No idea how he keeps his place in the team game after game.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
A painfully average player that doesn't start for any top 15 team in this league. No idea how he keeps his place in the team game after game.
Being academy lad is 50% of skill in this club. In Chelsea, Liverpool or City he would be sold long long ago

slored1

Being academy lad is 50% of skill in this club. In Chelsea, Liverpool or City he would be sold long long ago
Liverpool would have sold him to Bournemouth or Southampton for 20 million after his first season under Ole.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Many an allegation thrown at me for ‘trying to be clever’ amongst other things for claiming this guy is not good enough. He’s tragic, and needs to be shopped as soon as. A central midfielder who cannot pass a football may as well be a goalkeeper or something.

Idxomer

I love the way he runs with the ball horizontally before passing and by love I mean absolutely despise.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
He can only see about seven yards in front of him and even then he can only make the pass 50% of the time. :lol:

NZT-One

He isn’t good enough, but he’s not helped by Matic’s determination to be a third centre back. You end up with one average midfielder doing the job of two.
I agree with that completely. It is a tough call to predict if an opposition team will go for a midfield battle or not. If yes, we need him and Fred on the pitch. I blame Matic more than him today but he wasn't great. Should have seen a yellow before halftime too.

Devil may care

Interesting that he's favoured over Fred, I was told it would be the other way around on here, neither are of the required standard but none of our midfield combinations look good together.

Dunk the Lunk

I'm a fan of his and I've stuck up for him in the past, but he was really bad and disappointing today.
Fan of his how? Fan like you like the guy or fan like you think he is a good footballer for a top team?
Im sorry to burst your bubble, but he is absolutely useless to us.
But hey, maybe you are right and everyone else in the world are wrong.

spiriticon

If he cannot pass the ball with his left foot, he has no business playing centre midfield.

United in sin

Liverpool would have sold him to Bournemouth or Southampton for 20 million after his first season under Ole.
He's not good enough for either club to be honest. Bournemouth are top of the championship playing some good football with midfielders who can actually pass

OverratedOpinion

Watching Ruben Neves play intelligent passes long and short with ease, stay in sensible positions out of possession and provide good passing options for his teammates, well it was just night and day.

I don't even especially rate Neves but a midfielder of that level (good Premier League midfielder IMO) would be an absolute revelation in our side.

We got away with having a rubbish and disjointed midfield for a good while but I really feel it has been fully exposed this season and we will never turn in consistently good performances without a good midfield.

It is not McTominay's fault that we have not improved on McMatFred despite three years of evidence that it is not good enough.

Positioning crap as usual and too inconsistent with the ball.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
@TheReligion If you don't see he doesn't have the technical ability to play for Manchester United, you're a deluded moron.

Am I doing this right? Not an insult directed at people who disagree with me btw, look at how I phrased it!

SirScholes

....and people said it was Fred's fault why Scott wasn't playing ever game like against Burnley......
It’s the same for both. Both players have a weird fan favour when they are both just average

They’ll have the odd good game and all we see is “Fred is better without mctom he’s our best, he was wanted by city”
Then he’ll be crap against a decent team, then mctom will score his odd worldie and be the new scholes.
Both have the odd good game because every player does at some point, but spend 75% being crap

edit: Christ, Fred once had a thread created because he once found Ronaldos head with a right foot cross haha that’s how low the bar is set for them

Dunk the Lunk

I said he should be in the squad. He's a squad player
You are right. If we want to go nowhere, he'll have a place in the squad.
I get it, some people dont care about performances and just enjoy to watching United. Fair play.
But if you are like me, a guy who always want to win and want the same for the club i love. He souldnt be near the squad.
To each his own though ey?

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I said he should be in the squad. He's a squad player
Burnley's squad maybe.

He has Fellaini's technical ability. The difference is one came not long after he we had class technical midfielders. Scott is so far removed from that era that people are unable to see how fecking shite he is on the ball.

Same with Maguire and Rio. Jones comes in for the first time in 2 years and looks like Beckenbauer by comparison and he's no Rio.

I don't really rate Neves that much, but the difference between him and Scott is glaring.

Name Changed

weso26
Back to standard again. Squad player at best. If he is your first centre midfielder on the teamsheet, then you are not good enough to challenge for major trophies.

Woodenlung

:lol: After the Burnley game he was the second coming of Zidane.

inconsistent. Not technically good enough
He was just as bad against Burnley as he was tonight. Only difference was the forward runs he made.

He gave the ball away at every opportunity and was a major part of the reason we had no control in midfield last week and again tonight. He's a bad footballer who has never done enough to show he deserves a place in the squad. Still dining out on a few decent performances against Leeds.

JoaquinJoaquin

1 good game in 15.

Just nowhere near good enough. He is far too one paced, and is terrible on the ball.

Will never win anything with the likes of him in the team.

TheReligion

Abusive
Burnley's squad maybe.

He has Fellaini's technical ability. The difference is one came not long after he we had class technical midfielders. Scott is so far removed from that era that people are unable to see how fecking shite he is on the ball.

Same with Maguire and Rio. Jones comes in for the first time in 2 years and looks like Beckenbauer by comparison and he's no Rio.

I don't really rate Neves that much, but the difference between him and Scott is glaring.
You must have a short memory

Ekeke

He was just as bad against Burnley as he was tonight. Only difference was the forward runs he made.

He gave the ball away at every opportunity and was a major part of the reason we had no control in midfield last week and again tonight. He's a bad footballer who has never done enough to show he deserves a place in the squad. Still dining out on a few decent performances against Leeds.
A bit harsh, if we dial it back to "he's an ordinary europa league level footballer who overall has not done enough" and his previous match and the Leeds matches are examples of what he could do, but does like once a season which is nowhere near consistent enough, then I'd agree.

Today was much closer to his usual level than the previous match which was great but isnt realistically what we get from him even a third of the time.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
That makes no sense. Mctominay was motm the previous game and was technically very good.

He's a decent squad player. That was my point. If you disagree that's okay (you're wrong mind)
You don't recall what it was like to have midfielders that can control a ball and pass was my point.
That's why Fellaini got so much stick. The difference between him and Scholes was night and day.

And Fellaini had some good games too, mind.

BlahRules

He was just as bad against Burnley as he was tonight. The only difference was the forward runs he made.

Spot on. Several people were raving about his performance just because he did a few forward runs and took a few shots from outside the box. I haven't seen anyone talk about his passing or the ability to hold the ball under pressure. The main skillset for a midfielder is to have the passing ability, good first touch and positional ability. The only players that have this are Matic and Donny Van De Beek. Only Matic gets minutes and his legs are gone.

TheReligion

Abusive
You don't recall what it was like to have midfielders that can control a ball and pass was my point.
That's why Fellaini got so much stick. The difference between him and Scholes was night and day.

Of course I recall. You don't recall some of the valuable squad players we've had over the years.

Mctominay is a squad player. Not his fault he's all we have

Superunknown

Fan of his how? Fan like you like the guy or fan like you think he is a good footballer for a top team?
Im sorry to burst your bubble, but he is absolutely useless to us.
But hey, maybe you are right and everyone else in the world are wrong.
What a knobbish reply. :lol:

I think he has his uses in the squad and can/has been quite useful for us. I don't think he's God's gift to football and I'm not calling him the son of Zidane, but I don't think he should be binned off just yet.

TheReligion

Abusive
You are right. If we want to go nowhere, he'll have a place in the squad.
I get it, some people dont care about performances and just enjoy to watching United. Fair play.
But if you are like me, a guy who always want to win and want the same for the club i love. He souldnt be near the squad.
To each his own though ey?
Why would having him as a squad player make United lose?

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Of course I recall. You don't recall some of the valuable squad players we've had over the years.

Mctominay is a squad player. Not his fault he's all we have
Our squad players used to be Butt and Carrick.

Scott seems like a nice guy. I don't really want to say more other than that I don't rate him (clearly).

Superunknown

Our squad players used to be Butt and Carrick.

Scott seems like a nice guy. I don't really want to say more other than that I don't rate him (clearly).
A bit disingenuous to list Carrick as a squad player when he started 3 Champions League finals. He was a starting 11 player. @TheReligion isn't saying that about McTominay, but rather that he is a useful player to have within the squad.

antsmithmk

Hates women.

Watching Scholes in person. The way he glided round OT. He made it look easy

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Watching Scholes in person. The way he glided round OT. He made it look easy
Seeing him live was insane. Just made everything look so damn easy. Pinging incredible balls with ease. I love the Ben Foster story about Scholes when he first joined, Foster was watching training and he said “wow” and someone behind him who wasn’t looking said “scholesy right?”

Status
Not open for further replies.