5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lecland07

I didn't notice him during the match, to be honest. He just didn't really do anything, and that is a major problem when he is doing that against a team like Middlesbrough.

He is just never going to be good enough. He seriously needs to be replaced.

lost7

He's not a CDM, he should be a back-up for one of the box to box midfielders

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Someone needs to sit him down and tell him the ball can move faster than him.

Why does he insist on running in the direction of the way he’s passing for a few steps before passing the ball. Doesn’t matter if it’s sideways, backwards, or forwards, he always does it.
He always does that, isn't he? He is championship quality midfielder who lacks every single trait for mc. Can't pass, can't control the ball and has zero creativity.
Worst midfielder who played for United in my life. Cleverley looks like prime Modric comparing with this guy.

I mean; guy can't dominate against championship team. What is else to talk about?

Idxomer

Why does he insist on running in the direction of the way he’s passing for a few steps before passing the ball. Doesn’t matter if it’s sideways, backwards, or forwards, he always does it.
:lol:

I made a post about this phenomenon a couple of games back, it's inexplicable for a footballer at this level.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905

Reminded me of Fellaini taking the ball and running with it straight to the touch. Perhaps he realizes that driving with the ball forward is one of his better traits and today when his passing was again at the lowest low, he tried to do something, while the only thing needed at times would be just o move it quickly to the next player. The problem with him is that he has no idea what to do when the ball arrives to him compared to the players like Fernandes, Pogba or Fred who can play one touch football. Then he takes a seriously long time to control the ball, before releasing a very delayed pass, which my grandma can read 5 seconds before.

Not even talking about his absolutely horrific stats, with attempted passes per possession. Always hiding never available, to be in the good position in the first place...

United in sin

He always does that, isn't he? He is championship quality midfielder who lacks every single trait for mc. Can't pass, can't control the ball and has zero creativity.
Worst midfielder who played for United in my life. Cleverley looks like prime Modric comparing with this guy.

I mean; guy can't dominate against championship team. What is else to talk about?
Cleverly did dominate him when Watford best us 4-1. Crazy how this club persists with him

Inception

He is so average, i’ve noticed that he get beaten pass so easily. Like is it his positioning or is he just too slow.

flameinthesun

I'd happily have mct as a backup b2b player but a cdm/holding mid he is not. He doesn't have the passing, close control, dribbling, movement and understanding to play that role. The gulf in quality on the ball between him and pogba/bruno is crazy. Also fred is a level up technically to mct.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Watching him makes me even more frustrated we didn't even attempt to loan Arthur.

Greck

He didn't play well he just wasn't a hindrance to us. He's however a terrible springboard for any of our attacks. Loose touches and bad passing in pressure situations punctuate a very technically limited player.

lex talionis

Mind boggling that we got rid of Donny Van De Beek and kept Scott McTominay. United have only themselves to blame for what our midfield has become and what it will continue to be.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Well we have find a CM that helps the defence while making McTominay look good next season. Good luck with that

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
He was playing the 6 tonight and i didnt really notice him. Maybe you could argue we were attacking so much that he just didnt have time on the ball.

OrcaFat

Could be a rotation option at 8. We need a clever player who is a born leader at 6. Someone who reads the game and the situation and can get the other feckers organised to adapt.

Sometimes we think we’re playing well and then it goes to shit. That’s the difference between being able to play well sometimes and actually being good (habitually playing well). I still think this is less to do with coaching and more to do with player quality (selection and availability being a part of that).

CM and CDM are so important to the structure and rhythm of the team. McT can contribute but we can’t ask him to run the game. By running the game I don’t mean playmaking, predominantly, I mean bossing the centre of the pitch, dominating the opposition and leading our guys. We don’t have a player like that but McT is a long way off becoming that player.

Diamond Chap

Supports
Airdrieonians
Decent performance tonight.
Bit careless in 2nd half.
Poor performance by the team tonight overall but Scott was certainly not to blame for this result.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Decent performance tonight.
Bit careless in 2nd half.
Poor performance by the team tonight overall but Scott was certainly not to blame for this result.
Thought so too.
What do you think what is the job of midfielder in modern football? To just run around?
He is THE main reason (with manager who puts him in team) why we can't dominate any team against we are playing.

OrcaFat

He did work hard. He does contribute. We don’t have better options really.

Diamond Chap

Supports
Airdrieonians
What do you think what is the job of midfielder in modern football? To just run around?
He is THE main reason (with manager who puts him in team) why we can't dominate any team against we are playing.
Yes, he's to blame for the remainder of the Squad underachieving.
All our allegedly "World Class" players can be excused because it's all Scott's fault!

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
We did dominate, thought he was good in the duels, was able to carry the ball even for a bit, was quite good in possession and giving the ball to those more able. He did fade out of the game.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I still can't believe he's United main CM for close to 3 years. My fecking god.

Seij

I still can't believe he's United main CM for close to 3 years. My fecking god.
Brace yourself for at least another 1-2 years. He will continue be the first name on the teamsheet while we haggle with West Ham for Rice this summer and inevitably don't get him because they'll ask for 100M+ and Moyes is bitter as feck toward us.

Banana Republic

He wasn’t the problem for us tonight.
I thought he played well for most of the match, particularly in the first half, when he and Pogba were driving us forward and snuffing out almost all Middlesbroug’s attempts to push forward.
Faded and went missing for a chunk of the 2nd half, but almost all their threats came from the right wing and not through the middle.

McTominey is not a natural CDM, but yet again he was left on his own to do the work of 2 players at times, especially after Pogba went off.
He put in a much better shift than Ronaldo, Rashford and Bruno’s 2nd half performance ( he went from 1st half MotM to dogshit in the 2nd).

3vra

After that performance knowing he will be playing in almost every game till the end of the season i am glad we went out of that Cup, at least one match less watching that incredible poor guy because for me he is not even a footballer. I do not know if he even manage 3 forward passes going between Boro players because almost all of them when straight to their legs.
Its just unbelievable how he is Premierleague player…

chiz2kul

he'll score a goal in a few days and everyone will forget how bang average he is. that this man is leading the line is a complete embarrassment

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
He’s got the second highest rating on whoscored with 8.3. Which vindicates my eyesight because I thought he played well outside of a few very sloppy passes as the game went on. As usual he’s to blame for the attackers missing chance after chance though because when you totally dominate a game with 71% possession and have an Xg of 4.3 obviously the DM is the fecking issue. I haven’t gone into the Maguire thread but I’m sure he’s also at fault.

Based Adnan

Feels like people decide how well McTominay played based on the result of the game. We got knocked out therefore he had a crap game :rolleyes:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He's not a DM, so any performance he puts in in that position should be rated on a sliding scale. With that in mind, I thought he was okay.

Diamond Chap

Supports
Airdrieonians
His performance was shite my friend, it has nothing to do with the result
His performance was somewhere North of Shite.
The bigger issue was all our magnificent offensive players being incapable of scoring more than one goal. (or was that McT's fault too?)

Devil may care

He's been better on the ball recently but the deeper role doesn't get the best out of him and he struggled more positionally as the game went on.

Status
Not open for further replies.