5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

L1nk

Genuinely one of the worst players ive ever seen be a regular starter for Manchester United, an absolute nothing player. If I have to see him and Fred in the middle of the park for us for many seasons to come I just don't know if I can stomach it. If he's our future captain as well we are in big trouble. The most average midfielder you will ever see who excels in absolutely nothing besides sometimes using his physical attributes to his advantage, and even that's a rare occurence

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Can't hold the ball and can't make killer passes.

And gets dispossessed too easily.

El__Jingo

dont think i've disliked a player more for united.

and thats a big statement... and im not going by players who have come and gone for a pay cheque, im talking players who have an aura around them like they are something they aint, used dispise Lingard because he used to think he was some unreal talent, and to a certain extent probably still does but this lad struts round the pitch like he is the saviour of united and genuinely hes horrific.

jem

dont think i've disliked a player more for united.

and thats a big statement... and im not going by players who have come and gone for a pay cheque, im talking players who have an aura around them like they are something they aint, used dispise Lingard because he used to think he was some unreal talent, and to a certain extent probably still does but this lad struts round the pitch like he is the saviour of united and genuinely hes horrific.
I think he's nowhere near good enough but can't say I agree with your assessment of his attitude.

Green_Red

He's an ostrich, thinks if he hides from the ball we don't see how bad he is. Worse than Cleverly. Needs to be shipped out ASAP, or pull his finger out of his arse and start affecting games. Wouldn't get in any other midfield in the top half teams, if not even teams lower down.

Abraxas

Not his best game. I wish he'd use his physicality a bit more. Get close to people, smash them, put some meaty tackles in, drive with the ball as he's okay at that. I dunno, it's not going to turn him into a wonderful player but why not use what you've got? Even the silly fouls people criticise are generally soft, they're not from imposing himself on the game, they're just panicked reactions.

I expect some passivity from him when we are building play because (usually) Pogba and Fred are far better and he's just not that great at it, but if he is not going to use his athleticism then he becomes a non-entity. Should be a lot more aggressive and proactive for me.

Last edited:

Yagami

Good post resistant
There was something that made me sigh in the second half. We had the ball killing time and, in the centre of the pitch, he plays a sloppy underhit pass that would've resulted in us losing possession had there been a Brighton player closer, and, when he got an incredibly simple return pass back a second later, he somehow miscontrols it and tangles his feet up which, again, would've resulted in us losing possession had a Brighton player been close to him. Just sigh.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Not his best game. I wish he'd use his physicality a bit more. Get close to people, smash them, put some meaty tackles in, drive with the ball as he's okay at that. I dunno, it's not going to turn him into a wonderful player but why not use what you've got? Even the silly fouls people criticise are generally soft, they're not from imposing himself on the game, they're just panicked reactions.

I expect some passivity from him when we are building play because (usually) Pogba and Fred are far better and he's just not that great at it, but if he is not going to use his athleticism then he becomes a non-entity. Should be a lot more aggressive and proactive for me.
Spot on. Hes got good pace and strength, so why not use it?

Well to be fair, you see it here and there were he manages to hold of a player and create some space for himself, which usually leads to some dangerous situations, but its way, way to seldom we see those moments

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
So poor again. One of the worst regular starters ever. How we have not done something about it in the oast 2 years is beyond me

ti vu

Very poor performance overall especially when Fred was on the pitch. Pogba helped thing a bit, but couldn't mask the fact that McTominay couldn't his holding midfield role. Unbelievable for we couldn't address this issue during the past few transfer window.

On second thought, it could have gotten worse if Ole was able to sign Sean Longstaff. Sean Longstaff-McTominay midfield would drive us ver the hill.

devips

The same set of people assemble here every match day to moan about McT.

It has become boring now. One of these days, try to watch the actual match.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours

It's how most people are. They have a bunch of players they want to pick and complain about after every match. If they do well in an obvious way like score a goal then they go silent for that match.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples

You can't tell me he was good yesterday.

Castia

I just can’t get my head around him being a regular starter. Everybody can see he’s not good enough yet starts 40 games a season.

AndySmith1990

It's how most people are. They have a bunch of players they want to pick and complain about after every match. If they do well in an obvious way like score a goal then they go silent for that match.
It's a stupid point. We're miles away from the top. Clearly some of our players, aren't good enough. Obviously some people will want to discuss that. It's not their problem if you're upset by that.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I just can’t get my head around him being a regular starter. Everybody can see he’s not good enough yet starts 40 games a season.
Is it really that complicated? He is the closest we have to a CDM even if that isn't his best position.

Carl

I honestly don't think you will find many people disagree that he shouldn't be starting 40 games a season for a club that wants to win titles. You should really direct your frustration at the club's owners though.

Bestietom

We just have to get our midifield sorted this summer We need to bring in 3 players for this area.
Definitely 2, if Pogba goes then 3.

Longshanks

Probably one of our best players funninly enough, the numerous times he won the ball high up the pitch and started dangerous attacks (including for the first goal), thought he was pretty good on the ball last night even under pressure from brightons high press and broke up play nicely in midifled aswell.

Probably about a 7/10 from him which is perfectly acceptable especially when his midfield partner put in a 3/10 performance.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Anyone have his total passes in the last 2 games to hand? Even when playing in the deeper no.6 role, the biggest flaw in his game — not imposing himself on the game by taking control of the ball in terms of actual passes and showing for it — still seems to exist. You’d think playing a bit deeper to play more square passes would improve that figure a little bit.

Carl

Probably one of our best players funninly enough, the numerous times he won the ball high up the pitch and started dangerous attacks (including for the first goal), thought he was pretty good on the ball last night even under pressure from brightons high press and broke up play nicely in midifled aswell.

Probably about a 7/10 from him which is perfectly acceptable especially when his midfield partner put in a 3/10 performance.
7/10?? Fair enough if that's how you saw it. Don't think he was anywhere near that personally.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Anyone have his total passes in the last 2 games to hand? Even when playing in the deeper no.6 role, the biggest flaw in his game — not imposing himself on the game by taking control of the ball in terms of actual passes and showing for it — still seems to exist. You’d think playing a bit deeper to play more square passes would improve that figure a little bit.
To be fair we don't pass through midfield. We get the ball and then pust it immediately to the flanks. We use our fullbacks as playmakers.

This is probably one of the main reasons why we are quite easy to frustrate. We pass out wide too early (not high enough up the pitch) All the opposition winger has to do is allow the ball into the fullbacks feet then quickly press them.

We're then either forced with a long ball down the line or pass it backwards to the CB's. We either lose it, or no progression.

Unfortunately though Mctominay just isn't the metronome type. He's been coached into hitting long ball switches whenever possible instead of keeping the ball moving.

This is why I kept championing for DVB to be allowed to play this role. He would have been the perfect DLP for us in this setup.

Litch

Scott is what he is so is Fred. The reason I think they play isn’t cause they are better but because Bruno or Pogs can’t offer the defensive as well as the attacking work. If you think of other world class central midfielders, they offer more both ends of the pitch. A new CDM does carry their work and maybe playing Scott and Fred, allows either Bruno or Pogs the ability to influence the game more?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Even if you focus on his defensive work, for someone who is limited on the ball, his defensive work is not that great as he commits fouls easily. So basically, not good on the ball, not good at winning clean tackle and i don’t think he’s even good at anticipating passes. Need to be good at something if you want to be man united regular. What he offers in the team right now is his work rate, tenacity, and physical presence.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
The 2nd highest rated player on whoscored. Won our most tackles (5) and had a 89% pass completion. Also got an assist. Wild shooting aside he was good second half as he has largely been since RR came in. It’s like Fred and Mctominay are viewed as one player and when one is shit the other is just lumped into it.

Carl

The 2nd highest rated player on whoscored. Won our most tackles (5) and had a 89% pass completion. Also got an assist. Wild shooting aside he was good second half as he has largely been since RR came in. It’s like Fred and Mctominay are viewed as one player and when one is shit the other is just lumped into it.
I'd agree he was amongst our better performers. That doesn't mean he was good though. tumescent performance yesterday all round.

JeffFromHK

Why is he consistently described by our fan base as a "player with passion" while he loves hiding from the ball?

Alfie092

Bang average player who at best is a 'second choice' CM bench option to come off the bench. Like Smelling, always looks like he is going to break his hip when pulling off a 10 yard pass and far too often is not in the right position to receive the pass and that's because he shies away to from the ball and goes hiding, that in itself is a crime! Him and Fred need upgrading and until then we are always going to struggle to control games.

clarkydaz

Why is he consistently described by our fan base as a "player with passion" while he loves hiding from the ball?
its a bit like saying Moyes was hardworking, or ole was a great man manager. When you can list nothing of actual substance what they do

Fazer

I agree with most posters that say he is one of the worst starting eleven players in our history.
Yes, he seems committed and have the passion but his technical skills and football brain is just not
good enough.

My issue with him is that he takes way too many touches. Last night towards the latter stages of the game, Brighton cleared the ball close to our right touch line 10-20 yards in their half. He had one opponent closing down on him as he was racing to the ball and a team mate probably 10-15 yards in front of him at his 11 o'clock. A smart player would have played a first time pass to the better placed team mate but he decided to take the ball under control and was robbed of possession immediately.
He does that every game and it's unbelievable the coaching staff do not correct him.

If the owners, or board do not wake up and find much better replacements for Mct and Fred, we
will continue to struggle for the foreseeable future.

KennyBurner

He received the ball just 28 times in a game where we had 64% possession. Let me here another one of those idiotic pundits say he is a future United captain.

Lecland07

I actually think he can be pretty lazy. I bet you could make quite a sizeable compilation of him jogging back slowly instead of running. It happens so much with him that I don't think he is as hard working as people make out.

His pressing stats back this up, as well.

Foxbatt

One moment near the end made my blood boil. There was a high ball just outside our box. Pogba and Scott were near it. Pogba wanted to go for it but Scott went for it and lost control and it went to a Brighton player. You could see the frustration on Pogba's face. he hides too much and do not sprint enough. His passing is terrible and I really do not know how anyone like him can be the midfield player in a team that wants to win trophies.

Status
Not open for further replies.