Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Anyone have his total passes in the last 2 games to hand? Even when playing in the deeper no.6 role, the biggest flaw in his game — not imposing himself on the game by taking control of the ball in terms of actual passes and showing for it — still seems to exist. You’d think playing a bit deeper to play more square passes would improve that figure a little bit.
50 attempted passes last night which doesn’t compare too badly with Bissouma on 58. 42 against Soton (JWP and Romeu 46 and 48 respectively) Not as far off the pace as I expected. I’m sure I’ve seen much worse stats in the past.

I’ve always thought the way he is unwilling/unable to find space to receive a pass was his greatest weakness so if it’s improving then that’s encouraging. Needs to improve further, obviously. CMs from the bottom of the table should not be more involved than any of ours.

Leeds United 2:4 Man Utd

Woodenlung

This might sound grouchy and overly negative considering we've just won 2-4, but we've a huge issue with McTominay. I try to see the positive points of every player in our squad, but I genuinely see nothing good how he plays. By now we all know he's uncomfortable on the ball and doesn't contribute in any sort of progressive build up. It's a huge detriment to the way we're trying to play.

It could be excusable if he was was shielding the defence and preventing the opposition creating chances. But he's bad at that as well. Last season we saw him breaking forward, making late third man runs and scoring. But he's stopped doing that as well.

Bobski

Quality wise he had a poor game.

Attitude was fantastic, huge physical presence all game, chopped them down when he needed to, pushed the limits of what he could get away with and didn't back down.

Lecland07

Very poor performance. He will get credit for being aggressive and confrontational, but his actual play was poor. He also walked a very thin line with getting sent off.

Passion and aggressiveness is good, but it should not overshadow his actual performance. It was not good enough.

GL21

Did what he had to do today while letting others produce the quality. I feel his performance today was just what we needed for the occasion.

Idxomer

I don't rate him but his aggressiveness is needed in games like this, it gives fuel to his teammates.

Bobski

Very poor performance. He will get credit for being aggressive and confrontational, but his actual play was poor. He also walked a very thin line with getting sent off.

Passion and aggressiveness is good, but it should not overshadow his actual performance. It was not good enough.
They are part of his performance and have to be taken into account.

Purely on a analytical level he had a poor game, losing the ball, plenty of fouls but the game is not purely about that, especially on a shit pitch like that where you have to accept that it will have to be ground out.

lost7

He didn't play well, but my goodness I love his attitude. Proper Man United lad

Roboc7

Did the usual disappearing act for large spells, not tracking runners, passing off responsibility and pretty clueless in possession. Did well in last 10-15 mins by just getting stuck, very fortunate not to get sent off but given performance of the ref that wasn’t really a surprise.

marktan

That sequence of about 5 tackles in 2 minutes was hilarious. Ball? Time for a cruncher.

JeffFromHK

it is infuriating to see him taking that extra touch and attempting to draw foul in our own half and failed. Leeds at least got 3-4 good counterattcks due to this bad habit.

Ranie

Don’t get the hate this guy gets. Solid performance today and just what we needed against a team that were physical. Tough, strong and decent on the ball

siw2007

Lucky boy to stay on today. Though I don’t think it was a 2nd yellow, a different ref could have sent him packing with that one.

Other than that, he tries too much dribbling and doesn’t pass the ball quickly enough. Attacks break down because he just doesn’t release the ball. On a positive note, his physicality and aggression were much needed today.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's so poor. Should be 4th of 5th choice in midfield. We have to sort our midfield out. Can't have a midfielder of his standard starting this often.

3vra

Can not stand him, how someone so poor be starter for a team like United. There is no skill at all and he is not very intelligent player.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Love him. The only protective presence we have at the club and he tries his best.

Lecland07

They are part of his performance and have to be taken into account.

Purely on a analytical level he had a poor game, losing the ball, plenty of fouls but the game is not purely about that, especially on a shit pitch like that where you have to accept that it will have to be ground out.
He walked a very tight line today. Another day, he could have easily got two yellows. It was reckless and he got away with it, for me.

A red card wouldn't have done us much good. There is a good level of those things, but today it felt too much and crossed the line into risking the game.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The main drawback of Scotty is he wants too many touches. If he could learn to play two touch he would level up massively. That third touch of his almost always allows the opposition to nick the ball unless he's running at speed.

Bobski

That's surprised me, swear I only saw him lose the ball
Doesn't count times he had the ball taken off him, which was probably more than any other player on the pitch, kept trying to drive the ball out, was not on in those conditions.

Danny

Can not stand him, how someone so poor be starter for a team like United. There is no skill at all and he is not very intelligent player.
Today is not the day to moan about McTominay. He was vital in that environment and won his battles and got stuck in otherwise we could have been over run.

Long term probably a squad player but he was great today.

Red Rash

Seems to be one of the most polarising players we've had for a while. In the match Day thread probably 75 percent of people slating the performance and 25 percent thinking he was running the midfield.

In my opinion it was a bad performance. Constantly gave away the ball and gave away foul after foul. Pogba and Fred were a lot better than him today.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
He is our thug. The moment we replace him with proper midfielder, we will improve immensely. Scott is talented but just cant do it at the highest level consistently. He had his good games but should not be a starter. Good squad option though

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Might as well have ran around the pitch windmilling his arms and doing the Can-Can...

And I would have approved

Bobski

He walked a very tight line today. Another day, he could have easily got two yellows. It was reckless and he got away with it, for me.

A red card wouldn't have done us much good. There is a good level of those things, but today it felt too much and crossed the line into risking the game.
How many times has he been set off in his career?

Maybe today he took it a little close to the edge but generally he knows when to hold back.

Status
Not open for further replies.