Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Unless we get an experienced replacement, we still need him as backup.
United is criminally thin in terms of squad depth.
This myth/phrase never dies, isn't it?
If player is not United quality then he is not good for backup either, ffs.
If your definition of backup is "just to have a body out there" then we have enough kids to play that.

OpenIntrovert

He’d probably work in back three like Maguire but in a two with so much responsibility and onus on reading the game he’d be a fecking disaster.
Agree. He actually has the attributes to be a wing back which is his capability to man-mark players, track back, dribble and shoot. He has good stamina and decent pace as well. As a full back, he also has the potential.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Agree. He actually has the attributes to be a wing back which is his capability to man-mark players, track back, dribble and shoot. He has good stamina and decent pace as well. As a full back, he also has the potential.
Also lets not forget that he is tall and strong with good shot. He has potential to be quality striker too

Bloody hell

Red the Bear

Something less generic
If Newcastle want him we shouldn't kids their hands take the money and run away.

Stadjer

Agree. Should be tried at that position.

at his new club

C'est Moi Cantona

Doubt Maguire will go, but could see this one happening if a decent fee is offered, which is quite likely.

Maguire going would leave us a bit short in defence, not sure Mctominay going would be really be an issue.

dutchred

Maybe we can do a deal with Everton, Him in exchange with some money for Gordon

Bobski

Just goes to show the flaw in this current obsession with stats.
And that people just cherry pick out the ones that suit their point of view.

He can carry the ball, is excellent in the air and his passing is nowhere near as bad as some make out. Doesn't mean he is a starter for a club with Utd's aspirations but he is a solid PL player who can help a lot of teams.

I think guys like MCT, Fred and Maguire become lightening rods for all the criticism of the team. Pretty certain that Casemiro is not going to enjoy playing behind the laziest front 3 in the league, constantly leaving the midfield exposed with runners coming from everywhere.

JeffFromHK

And that people just cherry pick out the ones that suit their point of view.

He can carry the ball, is excellent in the air and his passing is nowhere near as bad as some make out. Doesn't mean he is a starter for a club with Utd's aspirations but he is a solid PL player who can help a lot of teams.

I think guys like MCT, Fred and Maguire become lightening rods for all the criticism of the team. Pretty certain that Casemiro is not going to enjoy playing behind the laziest front 3 in the league, constantly leaving the midfield exposed with runners coming from everywhere.
McTominay is one of the most limited non-GK passers in the game in EPL.
he can simply perform 3 kinds of passes, after at least one touch on the ball, with medicore accuracy:
1. standard first-first-thing-taught-in-football-classes inside foot passes a few yards away
2. vertical passes 0-40 yards forward on the ground
3. slow 30-50 yards aerial cross field long balls

that's all.

he has zero ability to perform 1 touch passes (which is pivotal to breaking defences)
he has zero ability to cross (can you remember him whipping in a single good cross?)
he has zero ability to play overhead longballs forward (like how even Lindelof has assisted Rashford several times)
he has zero ability on deadballs
he has zero ability to make a lob or chip passes
he has zero ability to do lay offs for his teammates to shoot
he has zero ability to make diagonal swerved passes (like how Fred assisted Elanga's header last year or Matic assisting ronaldo/valencia)
he has zero ability to play back heels
he has zero ability to add swerve to his passes
he has zero ability to pass with outside of his foot
he has poor ability to pass with his weak foot
his "vertical passes 0-40 yards forward on the ground" are never chance creating passes.

it is okay for a midfielder to miss a couple of skill sets about, but when a player is as limited as McTominay, it makes you very predictable and easy to get countered.

Last edited:

Halftrack

he can simply perform 3 kinds of passes, after at least one touch on the ball, with medicore accuracy:
1. standard first-first-thing-taught-in-football-classes inside foot passes a few yards away

that's all.

he has zero ability to perform 1 touch passes (which is pivotal to breaking defences)
he has zero ability to cross (can you remember him whipping in a single good cross?)
he has zero ability to play overhead longballs forward (like how even Lindelof has assisted Rashford several times)
he has zero ability to make diagonal swerved passes (like how Fred assisted Elanga's header last year or Matic assisting ronaldo/valencia)
his "vertical passes 0-40 yards forward on the ground" are never chance creating passes.

it is okay for a midfielder to miss a couple of skill sets about, but when a player is as limited as McTominay, it makes you very predictable and easy to get countered.
If it wasn't against the rules, I'd just go "lol" at this.

JeffFromHK

If it wasn't against the rules, I'd just go "lol" at this.
you will agree with me if you keep my comment above in mind and watch the next few games with mctominay, and watch a few more games how those midfielders from midtable teams play and the variety of passes they have in their toolbox

i know you cant use any facts to refute me.

Foxbatt

I think he could be better than DeGea in goal? He is tall, strong and can jump high. He won't be scared to come out. His passing is outstanding compared to DeGea. He has been tried as a CB by Jose. Has played in midfield too. I think he may have even played as a false striker during a couple of matches.

El__Jingo

the amount of fans trying to find a position for him is laughable.
We should try him wide!
so far weve had try him CB, RB, Striker and now out wide ..hell be picking the side next.

dont get the obsession with this fan base to keep a player isnt good enough around the team, its going to be so refreshing to see him finally out of this team.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
the amount of fans trying to find a position for him is laughable.

so far weve had try him CB, RB, Striker and now out wide ..hell be picking the side next.

dont get the obsession with this fan base to keep a player isnt good enough around the team, its going to be so refreshing to see him finally out of this team.
I am literally one of his biggest critics, I am joking.

Stadjer

I think he could be better than DeGea in goal? He is tall, strong and can jump high. He won't be scared to come out. His passing is outstanding compared to DeGea. He has been tried as a CB by Jose. Has played in midfield too. I think he may have even played as a false striker during a couple of matches.
One thing i havent seen him do much is diving though...

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa

that's all.

:lol:

SalfordTED

In December 2019 Mourinho said he was Uniteds best player

I can remember thinking Scott should be the first name on the team sheet.

He scored some cracking goals last season

He always gives 100% which is more that can be said for the majority of the squad

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
In December 2019 Mourinho said he was Uniteds best player

I can remember thinking Scott should be the first name on the team sheet.

He scored some cracking goals last season

He always gives 100% which is more that can be said for the majority of the squad
How do you define 100%?

I see him failing to get back very frequently.

Man Utd 2:1 Liverpool

Bobski

Dude did well, very disciplined positionally and tactically, a couple of rough moments but the type of solid backup peformance he should be suited to. Covered a lot of ground covering passing lanes.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine

that's all.

This aged well

Mailo

A Man Utd player needs more than just heart. He's almost always awful in the ball. Butter feet. Ball always gets away from him so he has to tackle.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
He was good today, I wish he could always be like this and he'd make a great dquad player

Lecland07

Did well with his limited capabilities, but he consistently undoes the good things he does straight afterwards (e.g. tackling a player and then just passing it back to them) - can have a use, but Casemiro will be a beastly upgrade.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Very good for the first half. It's what is so frustrating about him, he does show here and there that he's capable of actually playing well and being a good option.

Struggled to make much impact in the second half though, on or off the ball.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He actually did well today. Made a few mistakes here and there but he also did well on many occasions. Fair play to him.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
His best game for us in a while, but that’s not saying much when the standard is so low. Casemiro will be an unbelievable upgrade.

Olecurls99

His type of game. There's a place for him at the club purely for the battles

Status
Not open for further replies.