5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndySmith1990

Even when we play well his weaknesses are glaringly apparent. But hey whatever, we've just signed Casemiro. McTominay ain't the worst backup to have around to help in the EL/league cup

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Good solid performance. Will benefit hugely from having Casemiro in the team when they play together. Created 3 excellent chances in the first half. Second half we were more under the cosh and he had to be disciplined, but defended well.

Some of the posters here are bending over backwards to still try to paint it as a bad performance.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
The guy is a physical monster, and has some sense of offensive space. Quite poor passer and has a poor touch, but useful squad player. He will understand ETH's demands of mentality, and hopefully translate it to others. Squad player.

saivet

As good as we can expect from him. Solid performance from him.

edgecutter

It's been a year, but that was better. Still don't think he's good enough, but he worked hard tonight

The Hilton

Had a moment in the second half that completely sums him up - won the ball well in the middle of the pitch from one man, beat another, and instead of releasing it and setting up a dangerous attack he tried to keep going and got swarmed and tackled.

He could be a really handy player if he was better at getting his head up, not sure if that can be trained given his age.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Thought he played really well, I’ve always been in the minority on here but I think he’s a great option to have. Has his limitations but the criticism is OTT.

Delighted for him!

That pass to Bruno for the Elanga shot against the post was class too

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He was class, the first half pass to Bruno that set up Elanga's shot off the post was perfect. HIs ability to dribble and progress the ball is a bit underrated. I can see why Ten Hag rates him higher than most here do.

Bobski

Had a moment in the second half that completely sums him up - won the ball well in the middle of the pitch from one man, beat another, and instead of releasing it and setting up a dangerous attack he tried to keep going and got swarmed and tackled.
Yes, and if he had a bit more awareness there those little half breaks could be very dangerous, draw 2/3 players to him then release, suddenly you have a numbers advantage.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Well Liverpool’s midfield was comparable today to his own limitations so didn’t look out of place. He will still play enough games for us despite Case’s arrival.

zenith

Bloody warrior this guy is. Worth keeping as a squad player for sure

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He was good defensively for a change, but invisible with the ball as usual. No way he will be a starter with Casemiro.

pt
He thinks he is Messi for some reason, incredibly selfish and stupid in that action.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag

He could be a really handy player if he was better at getting his head up, not sure if that can be trained given his age.
I remember the moment but everyone was offside, so there weren't any solutions, he waited a better option but lost the ball.
Anyway I think we played very very well tonight.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Thought he did well, he beat players with his quick feet and then failed to pass, only to lose the ball again. Something he should improve, decision making should be quick.

Overall he did well. Important part of defensive game today.

Stadjer

Played well today for someone of his limited ability. Forced Varane into picking up a yellow card but would need to see it against if it was really his fault or just a difficult ball to pass. Cant wait for Casemiro to take his spot though.

Mainoldo

Great game. He’ll be useful this season if he just does that 10 times.

Bobade

He was really good tonight. Never gonna be a world beater but was solid, great strength and physicality, did well.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Was good tonight, sloopy at times with ball, but otherwise very good all around performance!

Spaghetti

Mom's
I don’t think he played very well at all. Barely got the ball, but when he did he gave it away.

He was positionally good, though.

Borussia Teeth

I'm a regular critic of his but he was very good tonight alongside Eriksen. Keep him as a squaddie

The Hilton

I remember the moment but everyone was offside, so there weren't any solutions, he waited a better option but lost the ball.
Anyway I think we played very very well tonight.
I don't remember it that way at all - players were offside eventually but that's because he held onto the ball for too long. There were at least a couple of options he could have passed to when he first managed to burst though.

I agree with your second statement though, and I think Scott could be a useful player this season - Casemiro will be brilliant for him to learn from, particularly releasing the ball at the right times.

united for life

He tends to have an exceptional game every now and then. He was excellent today, played very well

Marwood

Same old story with Scott.

Can he make that his average level? Because that's what's needed at a minimum.

Halftrack

He's a solid enough player, one that's good to keep around as long as they're happy with being a squad/rotational player.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I thought he had a good game. This is what I expect from him, especially now that Casemiro takes DM role.
How can he be that bad at aerial duels is a mystery though.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
He was very good. And can be a very good squad player.

He will no longer be an automatic starter so hoping we can all lay off the criticism now

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
He tends to have an exceptional game every now and then. He was excellent today, played very well
He has had a very poor 12 months like many of them. Before then he had quite a few good games

RepardReece

Why can he only play like that every so often?

Rock solid, and I'm not a fan of him at all.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Well, you cant have a decent game against Pool and think you keep your place after years of poor performances. Off to the bench now and rightly so

Alemar

Played with desire, was good at bullying their midfield. Still many problems with ball control which could have cost us.

Orange Tree

Great outing today. Could do better in some instances, but overall he did well today.

SalfordTED

ETH in his after match interview said Scott had a magnificent game

I was at the match, i deliberately monitored his every move due to the lunatics slating him.

It was a top class performance, he has everything, the heart, the engine and the skill

Eriksen was the weak link in midfield, running in treacle

Status
Not open for further replies.