5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

PoTMS

He's shite but his role on the pitch as our false 9 almost lies squarely under Ten Hag's feet. What on earth was he thinking? Straight out of the overthinking Guardiola playbook.

NK86

I would have replaced Casemiro straight out with him. We were loosing control of the game with or without Cas, he might as well
spared him from suspension and tried something different. Putting him at number 10 was pointless.
That or get Fred on for Cas. Leaving him on till the 80th and him getting the yellow so late was such a kick when combined with us conceding a late equalizer.

Issue is McT was the wrong sub and worse was putting him in that position. But ETH deserves the benefit of doubt and I hope he learns that McT cannot play further up front and Bruno is useless on the right.

AR87

He had 10 touches in the final 22 minutes plus extra time while playing in central midfield.

Fred came on with 8 minutes left and had 15.

We weren't very good before he came on but we were fairly comfortable and in control. As soon as he came that was gone. He's awful and needs to be sold. Not good enough to be a squad player.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
He replaced Weghorst and they were starting to overrun Casemiro and Eriksen way before McT even came on. Scapegoating McT doesn’t get anymore pathetic than this.
Agreed.

Some truly woeful takes tonight

Kopral Jono

Played in an unfamiliar role so I'm not sure if you can blame him for being shite tonight. This one is firmly on Ten Hag.

kundalini

I don't understand why a penalty wasn't awarded when McTominay clearly got to the ball first and took it away from the defender.

Womp

idiot
Looked decent at times in a Jose Mourinho United side, but considering we are so far and will continue to stray even further from that type of football, he will continue to look out of place.

Roboc7

I would have replaced Casemiro straight out with him. We were loosing control of the game with or without Cas, he might as well
spared him from suspension and tried something different. Putting him at number 10 was pointless.
ETH clearly doesn’t trust him to do that job, that’s why he only really starts in the League Cup now. I think trying him further forward as he’s done few times now is last attempt to try and find some sort of useful role for Mct other than just adding some height. He lacks probably everything manager is looking for as a midfielder.

Kostov

ETH clearly doesn’t trust him to do that job, that’s why he only really starts in the League Cup now. I think trying him further forward as he’s done few times now is last attempt to try and find some sort of useful role for Mct other than just adding some height. He lacks probably everything manager is looking for as a midfielder.
ETH clearly understands the gulf of quality between him and Casemiro and also clearly overplays his first options, that’s why next up you can expect a Rashford injury and we are totally fecked then like we are against Arsenal. You better pray McT comes out with a solid performance like he managed earlier in the season if we are to get any points from Arse.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He had 10 touches in the final 22 minutes plus extra time while playing in central midfield.

Fred came on with 8 minutes left and had 15.

We weren't very good before he came on but we were fairly comfortable and in control. As soon as he came that was gone. He's awful and needs to be sold. Not good enough to be a squad player.
He was playing a more attacking role to be fair, he was just awful at it. Less effective than Wout. We went to use him as a battering ram while playing on the counter and it was another really poor game from him. I think his place in the squad should be up for debate, if there’s a big offer out there we should take it. I think he can still become a good PL midfielder who gets goals if he gets to start all the time. he just isn’t good enough on the ball right now to pick the lock at the level we need.

kaku06

Absolute scrub. He is the deadest of the deadwoods. Criminal footballer.

Orion.

It’s hilarious that a Mourinho point-making tantrum has resulted in this fella having a 5 year Premier League career. Awooga!

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
His job should be purely to shit house xhaka next game. He nearly got a rise out of Zaha, he can get xhaka.

JeffFromHK

a couple of wrestling vs Arsenal and he will be applauded by our fanbase as a "passionate warrior", even though he always doesn't bother sprint that extra yard to receive the ball from our back 4 or sprint that extra yard to chase an opponent in a counter attack.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

We absolutely need another top midfielder. Fred can be useful at times, but far from being great. McTominay - I do not see any great attributes that could help us in any circumstances.
Eriksen needs more rest and once Casemiro is out we will lose every midfield battle.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
When a guy like him comes on to play in that scenario, we need him to cool things down, to protect us better. All he did was make the whole squad more nervous and his stupid fouls/battles with players have never helped. It's like he isn't a footballer anymore, just a nuisance

Glorio

Needs to undergo intensive 1 on 1 training and game analysis sessions with Casemiro in preparation for Sunday's game :lol:

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Think Mc Tominay, like Fred are valuable squad player when they are unidimensional and are not asked to do many things.

Fred is fantastic in man marking and putting pressure on players off the ball.

Mc Tominay, by his physicality can be valuable in front of the defense.

I would say that this game against Arsenal can suit them both when they are just asked to keep it simple, mark a player, run and give it to Bruno

Telsim

Came in, got a penalty denied, got pissed off because of it, immediately gets into a spat with Zaha. :lol: Chaos. He just wanted to fight someone after the penalty was not given.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Should get Casemiro on the sideline against Arsenal constantly giving instructions to him like Mourinho did with Shaw.

Bobski

Came in, got a penalty denied, got pissed off because of it, immediately gets into a spat with Zaha. :lol: Chaos. He just wanted to fight someone after the penalty was not given.

I would say that Zaha tried to get into a spat with McT and was woefully ineffectual in trying to push him.

Swedish_Plumber

Had 2 really really basic passes in that 2nd half to Weghorst who had pinned his man one on one. Failed with both.

He’s utter shite defensively too.

Status
Not open for further replies.