4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Who cares about the performance, I give him a 10/10 for being a total shithouse and kicking the ball back onto pitch when he was subbed.

The smirk he gave us was great :D

yardieUnited

In theory, McTominay and 20M for Onana would probably slightly improve Everton's midfield in Dyche-ball (Doucoure, Mctominay, Garner and Gueye fighting for 3 spots) and give them a bit of cash to spend elsewhere. Might fit Newcastle well too, since he and Joelinton have some similarities.
What is the similarities between joelinton and mctomina
In theory, McTominay and 20M for Onana would probably slightly improve Everton's midfield in Dyche-ball (Doucoure, Mctominay, Garner and Gueye fighting for 3 spots) and give them a bit of cash to spend elsewhere. Might fit Newcastle well too, since he and Joelinton have some similarities.
the similarities between him and joelinton must be the height. Joelinton is a far better player than mctominay.

Roboc7

Don’t think people appreciate what a big contribution he made yesterday. He for the whole, prevented Rodri getting on the ball and dictating the game as he normally does.
Rodri played nearly 100 passes, Mctominay was a bit of a non entity in the game really. His two biggest contributions were time wasting at the end and carelessly giving the ball away in build up to the City goal. He was largely a passenger but it didn’t really matter and his positioning was better than normal which helped.

Wezzaldo

Rodri played nearly 100 passes, Mctominay was a bit of a non entity in the game really. His two biggest contributions were time wasting at the end and carelessly giving the ball away in build up to the City goal. He was largely a passenger but it didn’t really matter and his positioning was better than normal which helped.
They were sideways or backwards passes in the main when we weren’t engaging
. He wasn’t allowed time to cause damage in our third, as he often does against teams.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
No chance we let Casemiro, Eriksen, McTom and Amrabat leave in one summer.

McTom is probably the to of the keep list of the above.

Irwin99

Agree that he was important tactically. I appreciated the workrate and loved the yellow card but of all our players yesterday he seemed the least comfortable with the ball in breaking forward. Yes Bruno, Dalot and AwB had slightly worse pass completions but there were just a few instances where he broke from midfield and couldn't get the ball out of his feet quick enough to release the pass.

I still think he's worth 30-40 million because of his goal threat and the qualities he can give a different type of team. I just can't see him ever being part of a dynamic attacking system at this club.

Paul778

No chance we let Casemiro, Eriksen, McTom and Amrabat leave in one summer.

McTom is probably the to of the keep list of the above.
He came from the academy so opening up large amounts of FFP allowance. ideally gone

RopersReturn

At 27 he should be reaching the peak of his career, yet I haven’t seen any vast improvement in his technical ability and tactical awareness other than he puts in a shift and gets on well with the coaching staff. Time to sell him I think.

RuudTom83

Looking at the season as a whole, he actually contributed a decent amount.

So I’m not gonna to too hard on him and say he needs to go in the summer.

If he wants to stay another season then that’s give with me.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
No I agree. But you try to bring in funds to improve the team. And if that means you sell obvious bench players, you should do it. The bench should consist of players who are battling it out for a spot in the starting eleven. And players who recently lost that spot. And talents who have the potential to become starters in the future.

I also wouldn't it call "kicking him out". He has been a model professional for us. He should make a name for himself in a team where he starts every week.
Aha, yes.

Then we agree (I think).

If we can get a decent fee for him and he wants to move on himself (to become a starter elsewhere), then it's a no-brainer.

He isn't someone we should cling on to because he's such a perfect squad player - that's not what I meant.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
Crazy talk about selling him. Too good and versatile to be sold. Perfect squad player in a functional team

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
He came from the academy so opening up large amounts of FFP allowance. ideally gone
We'd also get a relatively good fee given the amount of goals he scored. That could blind potential suitors to his overall shite football ability. If we want a decent fee now's the time to get it.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
If he stays then it means new contract. Unbelievable that this guy is already 7-8 years in first team.

NoPace

What is the similarities between joelinton and mctomina
the similarities between him and joelinton must be the height. Joelinton is a far better player than mctominay.
Huge mobile CMs who aren't trustworthy in the build up and are only really playable as attacking mids, so have to be used in sides that rely on transition more than possession. Joelinton better tackler/presser, McTominay better finisher. Joelinton would struggle here too as a starter.

Cantona’s Kung Fu Kick

Beggers belief frankly that a player with so little talent is still featuring regularly in the midfield for Manchester United. There were no takers for him last year when he was apparently up for sale and there doesn’t seem as though there will be any this. But yet he’s somehow good enough for us to be a regular starter. No wonder we are now a mediocre mid table team.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
“I feel refreshed. I’ve had a good break, a short one after the FA Cup final and I’m raring to go.

“These are the moments you live for as a football player and I want to take it all in my stride.

“Everything’s been good in the build-up. All the facilities are amazing and all the staff, everyone who has helped us while we’ve been in Germany have been top-drawer to be fair and I think the boys are ready to go and create some more history.

“You can never be too high in the lead-up to a game because you might fizzle out towards the back end of the week, but I’m calm, cool and ready to take it all in my stride and see how we get on.

“The second goal [against Spain] was probably one of my favourite goals I’ve ever scored, in terms of a historic night for Scotland.

“Kieran Tierney did unbelievable down the wing and, obviously, it’s moments like that we have to take advantage of in big games like against Germany, Switzerland and Hungary as well.”

NoPace

Beggers belief frankly that a player with so little talent is still featuring regularly in the midfield for Manchester United. There were no takers for him last year when he was apparently up for sale and there doesn’t seem as though there will be any this. But yet he’s somehow good enough for us to be a regular starter. No wonder we are now a mediocre mid table team.
I still could see him getting sold, though I think Ten Hag staying probably hurts that possibility (he's exactly the the kind of player a new possession-inclined manager would sell immediately like Pep with Joe Hart). Seems like he has 2 years left (1 with a club option) and we might be short on cash, and we need 4-6 new players.

Cloudface

I still could see him getting sold, though I think Ten Hag staying probably hurts that possibility (he's exactly the the kind of player a new possession-inclined manager would sell immediately like Pep with Joe Hart). Seems like he has 2 years left (1 with a club option) and we might be short on cash, and we need 4-6 new players.
Considering Ten Hag seemed very willing to get rid last summer I wouldn't be surprised if he was moved on. If we bring in two deeper lying midfielders then I don't see much space for him

Red_toad

Considering Ten Hag seemed very willing to get rid last summer I wouldn't be surprised if he was moved on. If we bring in two deeper lying midfielders then I don't see much space for him
I'd say Ten Hag will want to stick with him as his goals really helped him out at times. For me he's shown many many times he's simply not good enough to be playing for a team that's wanting to challenge for Champions league places. I'd be happy if the club moved him on, it's long over due.

cpresc

I don’t get all the hate for McT

I’ve seen plenty of times where he was the only one playing with any passion over the years. He’s a model professional, a good lad. Happy to sit on the bench and very often comes on and makes an impact.

He’s the type of player you need in a successful squad

RedOrange

McTominay wouldn't start much for a league winning side but he's a big, strong,motivated player who provides a manager with a bit of tactical flexibility in midfield and has a habit of scoring goals in big moments. He also doesn't make himself a distraction when he's not starting every match.

I think moving on from Eriksen and Casemiro are the biggest priorities but if there's a good fee out there for McTom and more suitable midfielder available I'd pull the trigger.

Marcus

McTominay wouldn't start much for a league winning side but he's a big, strong,motivated player who provides a manager with a bit of tactical flexibility in midfield and has a habit of scoring goals in big moments. He also doesn't make himself a distraction when he's not starting every match.

I think moving on from Eriksen and Casemiro are the biggest priorities but if there's a good fee out there for McTom and more suitable midfielder available I'd pull the trigger.
I agree with your assessment, but would keep unless we get an offer of GBP 40million. He has improved in being part of the build up play and has the annoying Lampard pop up with goals when it matters happens. Valuable player to have in a squad.

FerociousCorgis

I'd say Ten Hag will want to stick with him as his goals really helped him out at times. For me he's shown many many times he's simply not good enough to be playing for a team that's wanting to challenge for Champions league places. I'd be happy if the club moved him on, it's long over due.
Exactly. I feel like I'm losing my mind with the sheer amount of people willing to bring back so many from this last clusterfeck of a season.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Most definitely. He kept Ten Hag in the job with his late goals in the middle of the season. Also, you don't see your 10 goals midfielder when you are already a low scoring team. The hope is that we'll sign one or two midfielders in this window and McTom's role is of a super sub who can come late in games, get in the box and get goals in games we are chasing.

hobbers

Crazy talk about selling him. Too good and versatile to be sold. Perfect squad player in a functional team
That's the Lingard syndrome. Not remotely good enough to be anywhere near the club but gets a free pass forever because of the "good squad player" and "hard working academy product" platitudes.

Of course we'll keep him anyway, because ETH knows McTominay's goals bailed out some of his incompetence by single-handedly rescuing 10 points against what should have been cannon fodder.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
That's the Lingard syndrome. Not remotely good enough to be anywhere near the club but gets a free pass forever because of the "good squad player" and "hard working academy product" platitudes.

Of course we'll keep him anyway, because ETH knows McTominay's goals bailed out some of his incompetence by single-handedly rescuing 10 points against what should have been cannon fodder.
It's funny how posters in here spend all season criticizing every player and fantasizing about massive squad clearouts, and then the moment the season ends, the sentiment suddenly shifts to "good squad player, keep him".

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
He offers so little as a midfielder and hides in moments like this one and refuses to show for the ball. He is a second striker for a team in the bottom half.

Take 30 million and bring in someone who can actually play in midfield.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
I say we keep him. He’s more than just a good squad player who shows passion and dedication. He’s, in a way, our O’Shea. He is also important to help the academy players. As far as I know, he hasn’t bad mouth the managers, squad and club and didn’t run away to the first club to approach him when things got tough for him. That’s my option anyway.

xtal191

I say we keep him. He’s more than just a good squad player who shows passion and dedication. He’s, in a way, our O’Shea. He is also important to help the academy players. As far as I know, he hasn’t bad mouth the managers, squad and club and didn’t run away to the first club to approach him when things got tough for him. That’s my option anyway.
What an insult to O'Shea

edgecutter

28 years of age at the end of the year. 1 year left on his contract. He needs to go, or we will be left with another player on a long term deal that will begin declining (and he already is a poor player). Hopefully, the club have the right people in to know when to sell.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too

Didn't much like Lingard. If we had a better squad he'd be a great player to have as a squad player, ala O'Shea, etc. In an average squad he ends up being relied upon much more then he probably should.

padzilla

Hipster
He scores the odd goal. He also goes missing against the better sides and feels like the current squad's answer to Fellaini.
Works hard, is a menace at times in the opposition box but lacks the technical skill needed to be a starting midfielder for a club with aspirations of challenging for top honours.

Jingaling7

absolutely nothing like o'shea ... for a start o'shea could play in multiple positions and be very reliable in a team that was winning titles. It absolute baffles me how some people try and make out Mctominay has value to this team, i understand he contributed with goals last season but open your eyes to the bigger picture, he leaves a MASSIVE gap constantly.. Jogs back and is usually occupying areas Hojluind is in. As a midfielder he provides absolutely nothing to this team.
if you look into the amount of midfielders that have left this club over the last 5 years and mctominay has stayed its no surprise why we are in the mess we are.

Oh and lastly, in regards to the comment where people say he doesnt kick up a fuss when he doesnt play, why would he ? hes lucky to be in the position hes in .. do you honestly think a player who values himself would just happily sit there? and lets be honest there is no academy player who wants to be the next scott mctominay, if you were to ask dan Gore and Hannibal if they could contribute more to the team do you think they'd so no

Vidooq

Which club(s) came in for him?