2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
If you are talking about Mainoo so yes. He was dominant in last game. 19 year old as you call him played better than anyone last game.
But I am comparing apples to apples. A CM on his debut played better than a so called 'important' midfielder. I wonder how much better we could be in the midfield if we move on from consistent mediocrity and buy some real quality.

But i guess some people are fine with players who constantly hide from the ball or who crumble when pressed.

90 + 5min

But I am comparing apples to apples. A CM on his debut played better than a so called 'important' midfielder. I wonder how much better we could be in the midfield if we move on from consistent mediocrity and buy some real quality.

But i guess some people are fine with players who constantly hide from the ball or who crumble when pressed.
Mainoo was better than Fernandes to. Mainoo had a better game than Casemiro this year. Or Eriksen. Pellestri came in and was so much better than Rashford. So? You don’t watch one game to decide.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Reputation. Social media. Narrative.

If we take for example Pogba. Average to poor player with few good games. He got reputation of being great football player because of social media. Nothing else. When it comes to McTominay it is pretty much other way around. Good player with bad reputation because of social media and also forums like this one.
So basically everyone who thinks he's a good player got their tinfoil on early and the rest of us are completely ignoring his great but silent contribution to the team because we are victims to the anti-Scott agenda on social media.

That's what you're going with?

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Mainoo was better than Fernandes to. Mainoo had a better game than Casemiro this year. Or Eriksen. Pellestri came in and was so much better than Rashford. So? You don’t watch one game to decide.
That's true. But I have watched 5 years of turdy performances from him.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
McT can provide goal threat and legs but can’t be relied upon in the build up from deep or to provide defensive cover form midfield. Good sub in the 8/10 but not a starter

Bobski

He was solid gone in the last 15 mins, legs just obliterated. Say what you want about his flaws and there are plenty but the wide camera angle tonight should make it obvious what Ten Hag is asking from him, run after run after run. Should have been subbed as he had nothing left.

Skills

Snitch
Wasted so many chances trying to be the hero.
He's basically the least self aware player I've ever seen. I genuinely think he believes he's the second coming of Steven Gerrard with about the 1/100th of the talent.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Did well to score a goal tonight. His lack of class and composure showed late on though. One more touch and then play Martial in was the sensible choice for a player with good IQ and quality, as opposed to a shot from 28 yards.

tomaldinho1

One of his better days - he was out on his feet at the end when he was not passing it so hard to be too critical

90 + 5min

People can stop pretending he is bad player. We should be happy we have him.

Once again a good game and a goal. Also big contribution to Garnacho goal.

Roboc7

Took his goal well but he was really poor, a complete passenger in too many aspects. He’s essentially our luxury player now, hardly plays any passes, makes no attempt to defend or get back into position but scores a goal here and there.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Wasted so many chances trying to be the hero.
He’s got a hefty taste for goals. It’s a hard habit to quit. Especially when it’s all the central midfielder in question is good at

Bobski

Did well to score a goal tonight. His lack of class and composure showed late on though. One more touch and then play Martial in was the sensible choice for a player with good IQ and quality, as opposed to a shot from 28 yards.
It was a valid choice, middle of goal, no pressure on him, how well he strikes the ball. The mistake was the later attempted curler from the left side.

binary bot
He made 20 passes tonight. That’s quite something in a game that open.

L1nk

Did I watch a different match or something? This is part of the problem with this club and it's fanbase. He is an absolutely dogshit midfielder, he hides from the ball all the time and our midfield gets ran through everytime because he just leaves men to run through with massive gaps in the middle.

The manager really needs to start asking himself questions on if the odd goal from McTominay is really worth the absolute state of our midfield with him in it. He is an absolute nothing player from top to bottom

Zero defensive cover when he's in midfield, wide open spaces, barely any tracking back, passing is atrocious, hiding from the ball... and yet all I see is praise in the thread? Absolutely mind blowing, we deserve players like McTominay in our starting 11 with attitudes like this

The game was wide open and he made 19/20 passes all game, ALL GAME, as a midfielder ffs

InfiniteBoredom

He’s not a striker.

The guy plays in midfield and he’s consistently not in the top 5 in the team for touches and passes. He can jog about a lot but it means feck all if the team has to play 2v3 in midfield.

saivet

Also a big reason why the match was so chaotic and we struggled to control things. Individually I think he was okay, but the midfield balance was horrible, though I'd put that more on ETH than McT.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It was a valid choice, middle of goal, no pressure on him, how well he strikes the ball. The mistake was the later attempted curler from the left side.
Which would be true, if he didn’t have his centre forward running into empty space to his right. That is by far the most sensible choice over a shot from outside of the box. That is what separates the top players from the others. The lack of pressure on him was an opportunity. The picture was changing by the millisecond and Martial was becoming more and more open. If he held the ball for a split second longer and then played it through, Martial would have been one vs one with the keeper in the box.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Doesn't do any of the basics expected of a midfielder. Bloody naive from Ten Hag being content to play him so high up the pitch, when we were crying out for some stability in midfield. Poor game management.

InfiniteBoredom

Took his goal well but he was really poor, a complete passenger in too many aspects. He’s essentially our luxury player now, hardly plays any passes, makes no attempt to defend or get back into position but scores a goal here and there.
The maddening thing is he tops distance covered so you certainly can’t say he doesn’t try, but where the feck is he running to and from and why when he makes like 30 passes a game?

Sara125

A midfielder that looks to be scared to even receive the ball. Shambles. Only at United.

90 + 5min

He’s not a striker.

The guy plays in midfield and he’s consistently not in the top 5 in the team for touches and passes. He can jog about a lot but it means feck all if the team has to play 2v3 in midfield.
You do know what role he plays and what he is asked to do?

Also a big reason why the match was so chaotic and we struggled to control things. Individually I think he was okay, but the midfield balance was horrible, though I'd put that more on ETH than McT.
He is playing what tenHag is asking him to do. He is doing it good. I don't know how many runs he did today to open space for our player.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Should've passed to Martial imo. You'd take a one-on-one Martial chance than a McTominay long shot every time.

Ekeke

Thought the timing of his run and finish were fantastic, but other than that going forwards he wasnt very good. 5 shots, 1 on target. Should have been at least 3 or so

Won the ball a couple of times so he can at least say he had that over Amrabat

Bobski

The maddening thing is he tops distance covered so you certainly can’t say he doesn’t try, but where the feck is he running to and from and why when he makes like 30 passes a game?
Wide angle pitch view, he makes 20-25 hard runs from deep into the right channel, very noticeable, Where is he running is asked.

I think it is a dumb set up, asking for trouble, but he is clearly doing what he is being asked to do.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Good one.

20 passes. 90 minutes, against Galatasaray.

He showed his strength, playing in the opposition box and bagging a goal, although it would’ve been an abomination if we didn’t score after the build up.

Other than that, he epitomised the lack of quality we have in midfield. Coward in possession, cowardly when defending.

He’s not the reason, but he’s certainly part and parcel of the reason why we can’t control games against absolute fodder opposition.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He had one bad shot. So did a few players.

He was huge for the first goal and scored the third.
The bad shot came soon after an attempt to be Stevie G. Neither were good choices because there were better options. The problem is he can’t even realise that as @Skills said. That’s particularly aggravating given he’s already making the rest of the team’s job harder by not doing his actual job, but not only does he go missing, he takes liberties in good positions. He‘s a joker.

saivet

He is playing what tenHag is asking him to do. He is doing it good. I don't know how many runs he did today to open space for our player.
I agree with the premise but I don't think it's good for the team. As much as you can praise him for his runs, he also deserves criticism for not providing much defensive cover.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He comes up with goals, makes good runs and can be a problem with his physicality but for the majority of the matches he's a problem because you can't rely on him in build up. It's like his scared of the ball. He's poor at making himself available for passes and when he does receive the ball he doesn't progress with it because his first touch is too poor.

Basically if he gets a goal he should be subbed immediately as we've gotten all the use out of him at that point.