2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Smithy89

Every single game he hides from the ball! He's not a midfielder, he's a championship striker.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
You'd have thought given we were starting an 18 year old in midfield that Scott would try and be more demanding on the ball to help his young colleague through a tricky game.

Touches: 45
Passes: 38
Pass Success: 92%

Touches: 31
Passes: 24
Pass Success: 92%

McTominay played 18 more minutes than Mainoo when we were at our strongest in the game. Guess who's stats are who's...
Fish will never climb trees.

FerociousCorgis

any new excuses for mctominay now to add to the list? My favorite was social media getting added as something to blame

el3mel

Scott Fellaini. :drool:

Well he won us the game plain and simple so credit to him. Not sure that's the right way to build the team on but it's not time to complain. Fair play.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Invented a new role. The false no.8.

Siorac

Hard to argue his inclusion when he seems to be the only one capable of scoring goals these days. Could have had another two.

Bobski

Devastated, now we are going to have to suffer him for even more games, his hiding from the ball and lack of effort. Don't let the countless runs into the box fool you that he is trying, just a glorified goal poacher, a depressing day for Utd fans.

HE ONLY MADE 20 PASSES.

edgecutter

He played well tonight, but I think this was just a poor Chelsea whose midfield seemed like they hadn't a clue. I don't think he'll have that influence again when we play the likes of Liverpool.

tomaldinho1

He is everything Havertz wishes he was but without the price tag.

He's got such an interesting role - Amrabat behind definitely made things more secure and he played to his - I'm still not sure we'll beat top teams with the Bruno/McT combo but it worked very well today.

Biggins

If he needs to play, just use him as a striker. He really is not a midfielder.

edgecutter

Devastated, now we are going to have to suffer him for even more games, his hiding from the ball and lack of effort. Don't let the countless runs into the box fool you that he is trying, just a glorified goal poacher, a depressing day for Utd fans.

HE ONLY MADE 20 PASSES.
I think he offers very little, but today isn't the day for it. he scored 2 crucial goals in a must win game. Can't really ask for more.

FerociousCorgis

Problem is our midfield is just nonexistent with him. Gets into box well but we keep playing him in position here is won't be long term success. If only we could sub midplay and only have him out there as we attack forward in box ha

Rockets Redglare

Somehow he should be nowhere near the team and the first name on the team sheet at the same time.

Bwuk

HE ONLY MADE 20 PASSES.
Aye it’s depressing beating Chelsea and McTominay scoring a brace.

Can mods have a word. Seriously.

Idxomer

Should've come out with at least 4 goal contributions.

He should be disappointed with this performance.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Yet another good performance, yet another tirade of crap spewed on this thread.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Does absolutely nothing all game, pops up with the two goals that win it, and could have had about four.

It's like having fecking Pippo Inzaghi in midfield.

90 + 5min

So, do people want to laugh at me?

This guy is underrated. One of most dangerous midfielders in Premier League. Worth no less than 100m signings this year in Premier League.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
You can make a legitimate argument for McTomandowski being our best striker. I still think he's a crap midfielder but coming up with the goals.

Bwuk

So, do people want to laugh at me?

This guy is underrated. One of most dangerous midfielders in Premier League. Worth no less than 100m signings this year in Premier League.
Not including wingers, he’s probably the highest scoring midfielder in the league I’d imagine.

emperortan

Why not try training him as striker? his skills are really suit for that role. Putting him in midfield's really wasting and devastating.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He’s playing with real confidence and it’s great to see. I still think he causes tactical issues in the middle, but you can’t leave him out at the moment!

Skills

Snitch
He'd be a good second striker for a team in a relegation scrap. His goals would be invaluable and his lack of involvement wouldn't be an issue in a team not expected to have much of the ball.

There's a place for him, it's just not in midfield and it's definitely not for a team that needs to dominate the ball more often than not.

Bobski

Does absolutely nothing all game, pops up with the two goals that win it, and could have had about four.

It's like having fecking Pippo Inzaghi in midfield.
He is being tasked to make constant runs into dangerous area and you could see tonight against a messy team like Chelsea how much of a threat he carried. The obsession with his passing stats makes no sense given the role he is playing.

Did a ton of pressing high which kept Enzo out of the game, disrupted their defense constantly with his runs, but we focus on touches of the ball as the key indicator of involvement for his role. Just weird, if he is playing where Amrabat played tonight and is not on the the ball, totally fair.