2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Roboc7

Still think would be crazy to turn down 30 odd million for him. He’s very good as a sub for 20 minutes when need a goal but to keep him happy you probably have to pick him a lot in midfield and he’s shite in any role he supposedly covers.

I expected him to start today given lack of options and him being completely ineffective was also entirely predictable.

Remember the geese

Still think would be crazy to turn down 30 odd million for him. He’s very good as a sub for 20 minutes when need a goal but to keep him happy you probably have to pick him a lot in midfield and he’s shite in any role he supposedly covers.

I expected him to start today given lack of options and him being completely ineffective was also entirely predictable.
Yeah, of course he should be sold. One of many.

AndySmith1990

He's the successor to Lingard. Shite player who has scored a few goals and therefore gets labelled a decent squad player by weirdos

Bobski

Dumbest post match reactions ever, last few pages....
Yes, thought he did alright, not great but hardly the disaster that some are making out, some good defensive work in clearing the ball and played 2 very good passes, one to Garnacho in the first half down the right, then to Rashford down the left second half for his dive that should have led to chances. Also made a very good run that helped in Rashfords goal. Should have done better with that cross to Rash and wasted a decent break with his one footedness in the first.

Ekeke

He didnt fit the team for the strategy we had in this match. His only real quality has been getting those goals and he was very unlikely to be up there on one of our few counters. In fact we had one counter where he was leading with the ball and he got a nosebleed when he got to the half way line and needed to make a decision of how to continue our attack and lost the ball. I'm not sure Amrabat or Eriksen would have done any better.

Given his goalscoring form off the bench this would have been the perfect game to bring him on to nick a goal late on. But the poor form of our other options I guess led to him starting

Ekeke

I think £30 million should be considered but not an automatic grab. Theres a good chance we sign someone like Amrabat with that money who would be even worse. Our ability to completely waste funds is why we've been relying on him to get us some points with a goal so if we sold him we'd probably do the same thing with the money

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Never a fan of moaning about players after very obviously difficult games.
It's when you lose to the likes of Fulham it's a disgrace.

For years we've tried to use him in a deeper midfield position that doesn't really work. But we don't really have a vacancy for his style of 2nd striker.

Conor

He kind of just doesn't have a clue how to be a midfielder.

Gopher Brown

Well obviously, but nobody is offering that for him.

Watch us sell him for £8m

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Yes, thought he did alright, not great but hardly the disaster that some are making out, some good defensive work in clearing the ball and played 2 very good passes, one to Garnacho in the first half down the right, then to Rashford down the left second half for his dive that should have led to chances. Also made a very good run that helped in Rashfords goal. Should have done better with that cross to Rash and wasted a decent break with his one footedness in the first.
Its mad. The way a number are pretending we were ever going to have the ball vs City. We were set up to counter that has always suited Scott. We Did it well too, with Scott involved yet Rashford killed 4 of the best of those. The worst being the one that lead to Foden's equalizer. But right on queue they are in here moaning about Scott. (Even funnier moaning about his "passing back" to retain possesion during attempted counter the few times we had possesion rather than forward passes that were easy to intercept) Rather than the actual worst player in our team tonight by some distance. Honestly our fans just get worse by the day.

Roboc7

I think £30 million should be considered but not an automatic grab. Theres a good chance we sign someone like Amrabat with that money who would be even worse. Our ability to completely waste funds is why we've been relying on him to get us some points with a goal so if we sold him we'd probably do the same thing with the money
If whoever INEOS bring in to take over recruitment can’t find better players than Amrabat and Mctominay then we’ve got no hope.

Ekeke

If whoever INEOS bring in to take over recruitment can’t find better players than Amrabat and Mctominay then we’ve got no hope.
Every summer posters say finally we're getting rid of the "dead wood" and bringing in good players. Very few have actually worked out

NoPace

This is harsh because we defended for about 87 minutes plus injury time, but if he read the play a little quicker for the Foden goal and goes towards the ball once he's handed off the runner to Evans, he probably blocks the shot or Foden doesn't take it.

Normal stuff from him. Did okay as a target off goal kicks and defending set pieces, made some good runs to make space for others, not clever defensively, can't link up. If he was only worth 5-10M I'd keep him as a squad option off the bench, but since you have to assume some Prem side would pay 20M at bare minimum for him, he's gotta go.

Cantona’s Kung Fu Kick

Every summer posters say finally we're getting rid of the "dead wood" and bringing in good players. Very few have actually worked out
And this is why we are light years behind City and with end up embarrassing displays like yesterday. It beggers belief frankly that he is still here and getting game time. And no it’s clearly not all down to him but like Fellani before him - who simply had no business being a Manchester United player - he is the poster child for our decent into utter mediocrity. Until he goes or until he stops getting regular game time - even when he’s on the bench he’s the first sub on with 20 minutes to go - we will never improve and will continue to wallow around in 6th or 8th place as some sort of ‘rich man’s Watford’ turning in the same sort of crap we have seen this last couple of weeks.

Roboc7

And keeping the same dross in the squad year after year hasn’t worked out either. People expect them to improve or get better when such and such happens but it’s same shit from same players year after year.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
If a person were returning from outer space and red the dross and shameless lies being posted in this thread about Mctominay's performance yesterday one would believe he passed the ball less than any starter in the team (That was Rashford with 12), passed the least in midfield (Mainoo with 18), made no defensive contribution (Mainoo with 8) and gave the ball away every time it came near him ( 2nd behind Casemiro in pass accuracy in midfield, 0 dispossesions and 1 unsuccesful touch all game). And was by far and away the worst United player on pitch and the reason City were too good for us. ...

A number of y'all are straight up deranged and have a hating sydrome when it comes to this player.

Cantona’s Kung Fu Kick

If a person were returning from outer space and red the dross and shameless lies being posted in this thread about Mctominay's performance yesterday one would believe he passed the ball less than any starter in the team (That was Rashford with 12), passed the least in midfield (Mainoo with 18), made no defensive contribution (Mainoo with 8) and gave the ball away every time it came near him ( 2nd behind Casemiro in pass accuracy in midfield, 0 dispossesions and 1 unsuccesful touch all game). And was by far and away the worst United player on pitch and the reason City were too good for us. ...

A number of y'all are straight up deranged and have a hating sydrome when it comes to this player.
Are you related to McTomminey or something? You seem to be taking criticism of him awfully personally. You do know that people can have differing opinions to you.

Mike Smalling

I thought today was one of his better performance (as a midfielder, not emergency striker) It wasn’t great, obviously, but it wasn’t terrible.
Agree. I don't think he had a real stinker or anything. Just kind of a normal McTominay performance. There were others that stood out as much worse (Lindelöf, Garnacho, Rashford, etc.).

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I thought today was one of his better performance (as a midfielder, not emergency striker) It wasn’t great, obviously, but it wasn’t terrible.
Agreed.

If you were to rank the performance of our starting XI he'd probably be bang in the middle.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Agreed.

If you were to rank the performance of our starting XI he'd probably be bang in the middle.
Yup.

Played well:
Onana
Dalot
Varane
Evans

Played ok:
McT
Mainoo
Bruno
Casemiro

Played (really really) bad:
Lindelof
Garnacho
Rashford

Possibly being a bit too kind to young Mainoo but I love him too much to say mean things about him.

Ekeke

And keeping the same dross in the squad year after year hasn’t worked out either. People expect them to improve or get better when such and such happens but it’s same shit from same players year after year.
You're right but I think McTominay as a sub is not "the same dross". He's good in that role. Starting him is the problem

Vidooq

But even this, it's nowhere near good enough. He should not be anywhere near Manchester United's first team if our goal is to challenge for the title. The same can be said for many other players, but his limitations are exposed every game.

SAFMUTD

He isn't a midfielder, I don't know what he is but he lacks so many basics of a midfielder that I don't know what his best position is.

Gordon Godot

He isn't a midfielder, I don't know what he is but he lacks so many basics of a midfielder that I don't know what his best position is.
I agree, he did appear yesterday a few times with the ball out of chaos and charged forward, but he lacks a single core strength. He's not mobile, his touch is not great, nor is passing, his tackling also average. His finishing is his best attribute and he does well with the late run. But he needs to be higher up the pitch to make that happen. Possible impact sub, starter in low risk cup game. About it.

SAFMUTD

I agree, he did appear yesterday a few times with the ball out of chaos and charged forward, but he lacks a single core strength. He's not mobile, his touch is not great, nor is passing, his tackling also average. His finishing is his best attribute and he does well with the late run. But he needs to be higher up the pitch to make that happen. Possible impact sub, starter in low risk cup game. About it.
I would use him just like you said as an impact sub when chasing a goal or against low opposition nothing else. If we get a decent enough fee I would sell without flinching.

Mmm-Qatarian

Yup.

Played well:
Onana
Dalot
Varane
Evans

Played ok:
McT
Mainoo
Bruno
Casemiro

Played (really really) bad:
Lindelof
Garnacho
Rashford

Possibly being a bit too kind to young Mainoo but I love him too much to say mean things about him.
Don't mean to derail the McTominay thread but I'm actually not sure this is being too kind. Mainoo wasn't involved a whole lot on the ball but, in fairness, we didn't play in a manner that would even remotely allow for him to be involved. I actually thought Mainoo was a bit more assured defensively than I've seen him in previous games, at least given the barrage of City attacks we were facing. That was somewhat encouraging.

Ayrlad39

To be fair the options were limited, the main alternative was Rashford striker and Antony on the wing, which is hardly much better.

He doesn't have the subtlety for a false 9 role, poor enough technique. There would be a big emphasis on the "false" part if he played there.
I actually thought he played well against City

TheGhostOfJamesJoyce

The disrespect Scott gets, and has gotten for quite some time now from our own fanbase, is honestly embarrassing.

A youth product who clearly loves the club and is ready to bleed for the badge, and more often than not he is being treated as the re-emergence of some old forgotten plague.

Yes, sure; he may not be good enough to start games for a top side, but when the fat lady started to sing he has showed up more than any other player.

Maybe I am just a romantic idolising the lost concept of the Keanes, Cantonas, and Rooneys in a social media age where most players seem more preoccupied with furthering their brand than helping the club.

Manchester United is not, and has never been, a vehicle for players to capitalise on their time in the spotlight for pure selfish reasons.

I am 37, but I seriously feel like an old man yelling at clouds; there is a possibility that this way of looking at football is simply something archaic, and it is I that just have to adept; but I hope not.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
The disrespect Scott gets, and has gotten for quite some time now from our own fanbase, is honestly embarrassing.

A youth product who clearly loves the club and is ready to bleed for the badge, and more often than not he is being treated as the re-emergence of some old forgotten plague.

Yes, sure; he may not be good enough to start games for a top side, but when the fat lady started to sing he has showed up more than any other player.

Maybe I am just a romantic idolising the lost concept of the Keanes, Cantonas, and Rooneys in a social media age where most players seem more preoccupied with furthering their brand than helping the club.

Manchester United is not, and has never been, a vehicle for players to capitalise on their time in the spotlight for pure selfish reasons.

I am 37, but I seriously feel like an old man yelling at clouds; there is a possibility that this way of looking at football is simply something archaic, and it is I that just have to adept; but I hope not.
By far biggest myth about McT is that he is some kind of warrior who is "United through and through" and "bleeds for the club". He joggs around most of the game and dives in reckless tackles then and there which is enough for fans to give him that "warrior" label.
If meaning "United through and through" is about running and tackling then Dalot, Fred (while he was here), Garnacho, Mejbri, Pellistri, Amrabat, Casemiro, Bruno...... are way ahead of him.

You mentioned Cantona, Rooney and Keane. Yeah, they were fighters but at most they were good players and did great in their positions. You think that Real, City or Barca fans care how much Rodri, Walker, Vinicius, Rudiger, Lewa and others "love the club"? They don't give a feck. You are either good for the club or not. McT is not.

Valencia Shin Crosses

He's a more athletic Fellaini. Just think of him as that and it makes more sense. Decent box crasher but that's basically it, he'll add nothing to your team otherwise when he isn't contributing those late runs into the box.

Valencia Shin Crosses

By far biggest myth about McT is that he is some kind of warrior who is "United through and through" and "bleeds for the club". He joggs around most of the game and dives in reckless tackles then and there which is enough for fans to give him that "warrior" label.
If meaning "United through and through" is about running and tackling then Dalot, Fred (while he was here), Garnacho, Mejbri, Pellistri, Amrabat, Casemiro, Bruno...... are way ahead of him.

You mentioned Cantona, Rooney and Keane. Yeah, they were fighters but at most they were good players and did great in their positions. You think that Real, City or Barca fans care how much Rodri, Walker, Vinicius, Rudiger, Lewa and others "love the club"? They don't give a feck. You are either good for the club or not. McT is not.
Nah that guy is a WUM, that post reads far too much like a fan page.

And yeah McTominay hasn't had a good work rate in about 4-5 years.

Gator Nate

In a game where we were pretty much only defending, Scott's numbers were interesting.

He had the 7th most touches (34), with Evans (31) and Mainoo (28) behind him of the defenders. Evans went out at 68' and Mainoo went out at 81'. Bruno (52) was the only attacker with more.

Among the starters, Scott's 85% passing rate was 3rd on the team behind Casemiro and Varane.

Defensively, he was second on the team in clearances with 6, behind Varane (9). He did make one tackle and block one shot.

Someone asked what ten Hag was seeing that we aren't, well, I think he knew his only alternative was Amrabat, and I'm not sure Amrabat would have been a better choice. Scott did the work and in a game where his offensive strength was never going to come into play, he was no more useless than anyone else. The known issues with our squad are not Scott's fault - on game day, he's an option, and probably the best option.

Cantona’s Kung Fu Kick

In a game where we were pretty much only defending, Scott's numbers were interesting.

He had the 7th most touches (34), with Evans (31) and Mainoo (28) behind him of the defenders. Evans went out at 68' and Mainoo went out at 81'. Bruno (52) was the only attacker with more.

Among the starters, Scott's 85% passing rate was 3rd on the team behind Casemiro and Varane.

Defensively, he was second on the team in clearances with 6, behind Varane (9). He did make one tackle and block one shot.

Someone asked what ten Hag was seeing that we aren't, well, I think he knew his only alternative was Amrabat, and I'm not sure Amrabat would have been a better choice. Scott did the work and in a game where his offensive strength was never going to come into play, he was no more useless than anyone else. The known issues with our squad are not Scott's fault - on game day, he's an option, and probably the best option.
If he’s the best option then that sums up what’s wrong with us and why we are light years behind City. That display last Sunday was frankly humiliating, having to get 10 men behind the ball and desperately hanging on for dear life for a draw.

Well if he is the best option then we are truly fecked and no wonder we are light years behind City and put in humiliating displays like last Sunday.