2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Bobski

Felt for him. Gotta question ETH's role in this, apparently McT wasn't even fit last few days.
He hasn't been right since he injured the knee at Chelsea, came back early for the semi, looked to aggravate it late in normal time there as well.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
I hope that injury is not too serious. Hopefully, he gets fit before the summer so that we can move him on for a good sum that helps us with FFP.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
McTominay on instagram:
I slipped and fell awkward on my knee, similar to against Chelsea.

Nothing serious, just hyperextension, but I was angry and upset that I thought it was worse than it was.

Hoping to be back on the pitch very soon to help the team as much as I can.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
I’m not on Instagram so is this a recent post from Scott?

There’s a report from Utd Forever (not sure on their reliability) on Twitter/X stating the following:

Yeah that ”exclusive” that turned out to be total bs should tell you all you need to know about their reliability.

RedDevilRoshi

Yeah that ”exclusive” that turned out to be total bs should tell you all you need to know about their reliability.
Thank God for that. Mainly from a Scotland perspective as he’s a very important player for us. We wouldn’t be going to Germany this summer if it weren’t for his goals during qualifying.

FerociousCorgis

best for us would be him doing well with scotland and the club be smart for once and actually sell for good value. Doubt it happens though

ROFLUTION

He's had a great season really. Can't imagine more squad players with the same impact as a sub like him this season.

The thing with him is he just keeps his head down and builds every year on what he has. He's an underdog that people loves to hate, but he just proves himself and comes back a lot of the time again and again.

And sure there'll be posters slagging me off for just plain liking him, but he's great for the squad imo. I wouldn't sell him unless a big offer comes in and we have a clear plan to replace him.

Last time I checked (4 months ago )his goals this season gained us about 10-15 points. Would be interesting to make a list of which players that have scored decisive goals that had added to our point-tally overall.(And one for how many points Onana's personal mistakes has cost us vs other goalkeepers)

Bwuk

Missing him a lot.

Hes a way better option than Eriksen, Amrabat etc to stick in with Mainoo.

Bobski

Terrible today, a lot of technically subpar moments and wasn't able to physically impose himself on the game.

His worst of the season.

Malone_Post

It’s unbelievable that he’s been a first team player at United for 7 years now. He’s just nowhere near good enough

Roboc7

His limitations were completely exposed and its same issue of him offering almost nothing other than goals. In his defence he should have been subbed off as he was clearly struggling physically as the game went on.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I don't understand what he is in the team for. Bruno's not in the team to create chances. Mainoo seems to be under instructions to just keep things ticking so we needed a creator. We mostly avoided putting the ball in box. Amrabat was doing most of the defensive work. So what was he there for? There was nothing in the game for him.

Oranges038

No idea how any manager could look at him.in midfield and take off everyone else but him

He may or may not be fully fit, but that was just a nothing performance.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
I don't understand what he is in the team for. Bruno's not in the team to create chances. Mainoo seems to be under instructions to just keep things ticking so we needed a creator. We mostly avoided putting the ball in box. Amrabat was doing most of the defensive work. So what was he there for? There was nothing in the game for him.
Get in the box and get on the end of a cross. That's the grand sum of what his role is in the team. You hear of strikers being one dimensional and if they haven't scored they're considered to have a poor game. This charlatan is meant to be a midfielder. He's too shite technically to play deeper and progress the ball through the thirds of the pitch, so he doesn't make himself available to receive the ball. He's too shite to play on the half turn or play incisive passes as a 10. He also doesn't work particularly hard and has no awareness of runners around him. So essentially he's completely redundant in every conceivable area a midfielder should be proficient in.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Get in the box and get on the end of a cross. That's the grand sum of what his role is in the team. You hear of strikers being one dimensional and if they haven't scored they're considered to have a poor game. This charlatan is meant to be a midfielder. He's too shite technically to play deeper and progress the ball through the thirds of the pitch, so he doesn't make himself available to receive the ball. He's too shite to play on the half turn or play incisive passes as a 10. He also doesn't work particularly hard and has no awareness of runners around him. So essentially he's completely redundant in every conceivable area a midfielder should be proficient in.
Yeah but we weren't even putting the ball in the box. So...why is he there in the team? The term useless gets thrown often, but I genuinely believe he was useless in this game. He lasted the whole match even. The likes of Darron Gibson, Adnan Januzaj and Chris Eagles must be kicking themselves they were born too soon. McTominay's lasted much longer that they did, thanks to the drop in standards at the club.

Ekeke

Running

Its not my theory, its the manager's. I think back to when Ole and Keane were pundits for a match and Ole said he loved to pick Fred in midfield "because you need that energy" and Keane looked at him funny and said no.

Who is the "energy" for Man City? Or Arsenal?

Rice and Rodri are players who can pick out a player or score a goal themselves. If you are picking a central midfielder based on him running then you must have a crap pool of midfielders to choose from. Because running might get you to the ball but if you're rubbish with the ball its not going to help much.

Edit

edgecutter

Played as a 10 and couldn't pass forward. Time is surely up because we can't be stupid enough to give him another contract.

BorisManUtd

We'll probably be getting rid of Casemiro, Eriksen and Amrabat this summer so wonder what happens with McTominay. Mainoo, Bruno and Mount are surely staying. McTominay has scored 10 goals this season which is impressive but don't think we'll keep him just based on that.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So much energy, but you can't escape what has always been the suspicion with him - he's kept here because he's homegrown and a giant.

He loves running off with it and overunning it or totally wasting it.

Not a day for systematically moaning at everyone though. We're bare bones, already playing poorly and it's an end of the season no-one will be disappointed to see.

Ekeke

For a player who doesnt create much and doesnt often spread play well, McTominay lost the ball the joint most of our players against Arsenal. 6 times tackled, 2 more times he had a poor touch and lost it. He gets the ball and he starts running but he has no vision or plan with what to do with it so he headless chickens it up the pitch and loses it.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I thought he was shocking today, but hard to be too critical as he was clearly not 100% and playing through something. I don't think I've seen a worse passing display from a supposed midfielder. He did create that chance for Hojlund though with his pressing early on.