Scott McTominay | Transfer discussion not performance discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
They just sold Rice for stupid money. So lets not sell them McTominay cheap.

I would rather we kept him but if he want to go and West Ham want him they should pay up. When it comes to price let me say that McTominay is not worse than Rice. Not whatsoever. I know that we wouldn't get near £100m because of stupid Rice valuation but he should not go cheap.
:lol: What kind of delusion and bias is this? Rice is miles better and easily worth more than double McTominay.

90 + 5min

:lol: What kind of delusion and bias is this? Rice is miles better and easily worth more than double McTominay.
Absolutly not. Just because he played a lot less doesn't mean he is worse. I'm happy that we didn't throw our money on him like we usualy do on stupid things.

RVN1991

Absolutly not. Just because he played a lot less doesn't mean he is worse. I'm happy that we didn't throw our money on him like we usualy do on stupid things.
He's comfortably a better player what are you talking about? :lol:

BehemothTerror

While I do think Scotts time is probably up I wouldn't take 30m.

Feel nearer 40m is closer the mark for a proven International and PL level player in his prime years

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
There isn’t really much point debating on his quality. He isn’t good enough for United and where we want to be. He isn’t a defensive midfielder and isn’t technical enough to play further forward.

Take 25-30 million and move on. There is no point in keeping squad players that wouldn’t be good enough to be squad players for the sides we are trying to rival. It doesn’t make any sense.

We need money and he is one of the only sellable assets we have because of how stupidly the club has been run and it’s ridiculous wage structure.

Any reasonable bids for Maguire, Bailly, Telles, Henderson, McTominey, Fred, Martial, Elanga, Pellestri or even Sancho and it’s sell, sell, sell. It has to be in order to move forward as a team.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I think thats the exact position he would end up taking. I still however suspect we will end up with James Ward Prowse and use Flynn Downes as a makeweight. Could probably get JWP for 20-25 +Downes, and I think Moyes would salivate over JWP set piece ability. Plus we'd save 5-10 million, which when quite tight against FFP rules, is actually quite substantial.

Mctominay I'm sure will have suitors though this summer, whilst not top draw he is easily good enough to get in most teams outside the top 6.
JWP is twice the player.

OverratedOpinion

JWP is twice the player.
I don't know that he is. I think whilst not good enough for us McTominay will surprise people when he is given the chance to be an important player for a smaller club. Especially as a goalscorer from midfield.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He'll only leave if we can replace him with a physical DM for the sake money of less. It is extremely clear that Ten Hag sees him as the only player in the squad who can cover for casemiro, and he's not old like the rest of our mids. It would be dumb to sell without replacing him. So I doubt anything happens here. We'll ask for top dollar as we should.

You may say he's not a DM, he's not really, but he's capable of being a physical ball winner and the closest thing to a DM that we have, so by that simple reason he is the casemiro cover.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Agreed. He's worth about the same as a packet of Uncle Ben's. Get rid!
It’s just ‘Ben’s’ now. It’s just got over it’s racially prejudiced past, let’s not further the negative connotations of that name by linking it to Scott McTominay….the brand will be buried forever

daba

Out: McTominay 30m and Fred 15m

In: Lavia 45m

please.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
He’s not as bad as is being made out in this thread, but he should be moved on. I think £30m is fair.

tomaldinho1

JWP is twice the player.
100% + he can play in either CM role, is a vastly better passer even in a bad team tends to get around 15 combined goals/assists per season. Not even mentioning we’d finally have a corner taker of the highest quality and an actual threat from freekicks.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
If football was only taking free kicks, sure.
He’s a much much better passer, on a different planet. He’s far more intelligent in his play. He’s a leader. He consistently gets goals and assists in a crap team. He isn’t a walking yellow card. McT runs around hiding from the ball when his teammates need to relive pressure or move it around, he constantly gives cheap fouls away and occasionally gets on the end of things around the box. Not a Utd player in anything but physicality.

Abraxas

JWP is mediocrity personified. Not a bad work horse that plays tidy and is useful if you're building a side round set pieces but are we really going to go out there and replace our current workhorses with another? He might even be slightly better but I'm not sure it's really worth it.

Pointless I think. The idea with Lavia would be that he could become potentially top class. If we are reading him right as a club. It's all about the potential and that's the value in the signing. So even if JWP is a little more polished right now it doesn't mean he's the better option if he's outshining JWP by far within the next few seasons.

Hackman2210

Is McT a third of the player Rice is? Of course and more beside. If rice is the marker then McT is a £70m player. And I don’t actually believe that we made it to 2 finals rice made it to 1. feck sakes why are we binning him for £30m. Bargain!!!!

E-mal

Is McT a third of the player Rice is? Of course and more beside. If rice is the marker then McT is a £70m player. And I don’t actually believe that we made it to 2 finals rice made it to 1. feck sakes why are we binning him for £30m. Bargain!!!!
We should at least be making them pay half of what they got for Rice because to be honest, I am not convinced Rice is even a better player than Scott.
I just don't see the qualities

jeepers

Even if you believe McT is on the same level as Rice (you’re mad), they are priced different because the difference is West Ham does not want to sell Rice but were forced to by circumstances, whilst we want to sell McT and put the money into other priority transfers. Also, you can only sell a player for what other clubs think he is worth - Arsenal think Rice is worth 100m, nobody thinks McT is worth 100m.

Hackman2210

Nobody is saying £100m Im just saying £30m is too cheap. He's a Mid who can score goals, has been MOTM for Man UTD, Prem proven. Scotland International - £50m sounds about right to me.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Makes total sense, so never happening for us!
I think we'd do it if we could offload them in time but West Ham + Fulham work in their own timelines which we cannot control

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Sell for 40 mil. If not keep as a rotation option. His replacement will need to play DM/CM AND BOX TO BOX and will cost way more than that anyway.

James35

£30m is fair for a player of his limited ability.

We need better players.

MegadrivePerson

They just sold Rice for stupid money. So lets not sell them McTominay cheap.

I would rather we kept him but if he want to go and West Ham want him they should pay up. When it comes to price let me say that McTominay is not worse than Rice. Not whatsoever. I know that we wouldn't get near £100m because of stupid Rice valuation but he should not go cheap.
Incredible!

Explain how Rice had Man City and Arsenal chasing him, yet neither of those clubs were interested in Mctominay?

Status
Not open for further replies.