Sean Longstaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Red

Smalling will be starting 30+ games, so we're not shipping him off to get some unproven young mid in!
Not if we buy a CB he won't.

Edit. Unless you mean all competitions. If he's the go to for EL and the Cups then he may get to the 30 mark.

Stacks

Got a feeling this is dead in the water as Bruce is a Geordie and may want Sean to become his very own Stevie G and win MoTM in a champions league final after winning a penalty through diving.

Hasn't Partey got a 40 mill release clause?

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I watch Newcastle games as I have a soft spot for them. I think he is composed on the ball and has good all-round fitness and an engine, tackles well and I think his passing is actually quite good. Good shot on him and very mature for his age. He reminds me of Michael Carrick when he was at Spurs. I think he will become a very good player and would be a very sensible addition by us, and I think he will surprise people that don't know much about him.
Thank you. What do you think is his biggest weaknesses?

Eric's Seagull

They wont want an academy kid in midfield for a relegation dog fight.
I doubt they will want a guy who has made 73 league appearances in the past 5 years and missed a total of 93 games and been out for 633 days in that period due to injury. Personally I would love to see him go mate.

SteveW

I doubt they will want a guy who has made 73 league appearances in the past 5 years and missed a total of 93 games and been out for 633 days in that period due to injury. Personally I would love to see him go mate.
The day Rojo leaves will be a happy one

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Thank you. What do you think is his biggest weaknesses?
At the moment I would say probably his longer passing range, in terms of attaining assists. But in all honesty I may be doing him a disservice there, due to the fact it’s Newcastle he is playing for.

At the end of the day he’s a young player who has broken through last season, and until his injury was playing very well and more than holding his own in midfield against some very good sides. He will attain more experience obviously and will benefit from playing with better players, so personally I think he will be well worth the investment. He’s very mobile, covers the distance, is calm and collected on the ball and has eye for goal. I might be wrong, but I think he will be an excellent signing.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Stevie Bruce trying to talk him into staying - love Brucey at a player but the deal is as good as done :lol:

Litch

We as fans are so desperate to get players in, we are prepared to go all out on a lad that 99% of us on here didn't know existed along with the rest of the prem. The worlds gone absolutely mad if we pay anything other than 10-15m for him and even then it's a massive gamble...

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
We as fans are so desperate to get players in, we are prepared to go all out on a lad that 99% of us on here didn't know existed along with the rest of the prem. The worlds gone absolutely mad if we pay anything other than 10-15m for him and even then it's a massive gamble...
Up to 20m I'd say. He clearly looked good when he played in the league last year, but agree we shouldn't be paying over the odds as its still potential.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
He's young. Has loads of potential. Fans love him. Not experienced at all.

Who is it? Longstaff or Greenwood?

For how much would we sell the latter to Madrid right now? 50m?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Stevie Bruce trying to talk him into staying - love Brucey at a player but the deal is as good as done :lol:
"Listen lad, you don't want to go to United, yeah I know I had fantastic times there and they're an amazing club but.... actually mate, get off there"

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
A lot on the café just want us to buy "someone".
It reminds me of one of the summers people were so desperate for a centre mid, any centre mid, names like Barry were being dished about.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Get him with 20m cash and lots of adds-on when he's successful. It's a win-win for us and Newcastle.

Status
Not open for further replies.