g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Semi Final 1: Portugal vs Wales

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
I hope Wales lift the trophy. They have played with the most passion so far, it's been good to see. Yesterday was one of the best international matches I've seen in recent times. Ronaldo you just feel is due a performance however.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Yesterday it was 110th Sporting aniversary and the portuguese NT players sent our President a present. A pic with all the players from our academy. What a nice gesture :)

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I think without Ramsey we will struggle. He has been sensational. I also fear Ronaldo is due a performance.

Whatever happens it will be beautiful to see my nation play another 90 at the Euros.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I think without Ramsey we will struggle. He has been sensational. I also fear Ronaldo is due a performance.

Whatever happens it will be beautiful to see my nation play another 90 at the Euros.
Yep amazing campaign by Wales. Really surprised with the quality of your performances as well unlike ours :nervous:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Yep amazing campaign by Wales. Really surprised with the quality of your performances as well unlike ours :nervous:
Who thought Robson Kanu, Sam Vokes, Chris Gunter, Neil Taylor and James Chester were capable of such performances.

Bloody football ey?

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Who thought Robson Kanu, Sam Vokes, Chris Gunter, Neil Taylor and James Chester were capable of such performances.

Bloody football ey?
What a goal by Kanu, i actually prefered his goal to Ronaldo's backheel

montpelier

Think Ramsey being out completely Travellers Wales's team set up, there is time to change it I suppose. But has been really effective since they got the centre forward in, it hasn't looked much more complicated than 7-2-1 o my tv from there (Ramsey & Bale as the 2). But defiitely bee playig it extremely well.

Don't they sometimes wipe these 'accumulated yellows' suspensions between QFs & Semis?

Last edited:

Reddevilboy

Supports
Brexit
Bale vs Ronaldo. That is all. Imagine the tension back at Real Madrid if Bale wins this with Wales, or vice-versa.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Yesterday it was 110th Sporting aniversary and the portuguese NT players sent our President a present. A pic with all the players from our academy. What a nice gesture :)
That's great for sporting, shows how important their academy are to the Portugal NT.
Very nice gesture from the players too

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I wish Welsh has (ex) United player, so I'd care a bit about them. Now the feeling is pretty much one sided.

Unless Bale...

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
James Chester has also been in beast mode, read the play and intercepted high up the field a few times. Dangerous when it doesn't come off mind.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Well, Ramsey's best match this Euro was against Belgium. Fair fecks for stepping up in the QF's but it's not like he was running the show in the group stages.

mikey_d

Joe Allen has been looking good. I think he's well worth a punt for a number of clubs.
He's such a good player but needs to be in the right system. Don't think Liverpool have suited him recently but he did have a pretty good finish to the season, when he played. One of a number of Welsh players I think would do better abroad

Sigma

Jonathan Williams will probably come in for Ramsay, he is more of a worker and has more energy and will help hunt the ball down. I think what Wales' game plan is going to be is just to sit back, flood the midfield and breakaway on the counter against this weak Portuguese defence.

Bale can always produce something and Robson-Kanu has been good whenever he has started. Both are fast too so that will help them against ageing defenders such as Pepe and Carvalho (will he start? He didn't start against Poland. Was he suspended?) Also Bale, unlike Ronaldo is a threat from free kicks. Bale also scored the most headers in La Liga last season despite being injured for long periods of the season. With players like Bale, and Ashley Williams e.t.c. they are also a real threat from corners e.t.c.

It will be a close game, I think both sides will score. But I said Portugal to be in the final before the tournament started, and I'm going to stick to that.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
He's such a good player but needs to be in the right system. Don't think Liverpool have suited him recently but he did have a pretty good finish to the season, when he played. One of a number of Welsh players I think would do better abroad
I wouldn't mind seeing him at Arse. He's similar to Rosicky.

England is abroad!

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Is missing Pepe
Nah, Pepe came from Brazil/Marítimo. He was just doing some tryouts for Sporting and got denied by some freakin genius. Probably a "Croquette".

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Jonathan Williams will probably come in for Ramsay, he is more of a worker and has more energy and will help hunt the ball down. I think what Wales' game plan is going to be is just to sit back, flood the midfield and breakaway on the counter against this weak Portuguese defence.

Bale can always produce something and Robson-Kanu has been good whenever he has started. Both are fast too so that will help them against ageing defenders such as Pepe and Carvalho (will he start? He didn't start against Poland. Was he suspended?) Also Bale, unlike Ronaldo is a threat from free kicks. Bale also scored the most headers in La Liga last season despite being injured for long periods of the season. With players like Bale, and Ashley Williams e.t.c. they are also a real threat from corners e.t.c.

It will be a close game, I think both sides will score. But I said Portugal to be in the final before the tournament started, and I'm going to stick to that.
This.

We will miss Ramsey a lot - especially his final ball. Created some great chances this tournament. But Williams will run his socks off, and is somewhat in the same mould as Ramsey. He may be inferior to Ramsey in terms of vision, but he could open up defences with his dribbling and he'll get fouled a lot for Bale to have a crack at the freekick.

Absolutely buzzing for the game. As long as we keep Ronaldo quiet, or as long as Ronaldo continues playing shite, then we have an incredible chance.

notcool

Supports
a
Are Portugal going to be playing a 4-3-1-2? 4-3-1-2 against Wales' 3-5-1-1/3-4-2-1 would be interesting.

Now that Italy is out I'm going to be rooting for Wales. Would love to see them win it.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Let's be honest here, the winner of this will get battered in the final against Iceland.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Hopefully Ronaldo does nothing apart from convert a penalty and get to the final.

Cantona's Collar

I'd be quite a bit more confident going into this match if we had Ramsey. He's a massive loss and there's quite a drop off between him and his possible replacements.

I'm meant to be having rotator cuff surgery on Wednesday morning. All the games we've won so far this tournament I've been watching it in the same venue, standing in the same spot, wearing the same shirt and drinking the same beer (hate Budweiser but the service at the bottle bar is far quicker than at the main bar). The only game where I was stood in a different place was the England game and although I've never been superstitious about anything in my life I do feel that I have a duty to my country to try to rearrange this surgery :D.

goldenballs

Victoria's secret
I'd be quite a bit more confident going into this match if we had Ramsey. He's a massive loss and there's quite a drop off between him and his possible replacements.

I'm meant to be having rotator cuff surgery on Wednesday morning. All the games we've won so far this tournament I've been watching it in the same venue, standing in the same spot, wearing the same shirt and drinking the same beer (hate Budweiser but the service at the bottle bar is far quicker than at the main bar). The only game where I was stood in a different place was the England game and although I've never been superstitious about anything in my life I do feel that I have a duty to my country to try to rearrange this surgery :D.
Market Hall, in Caernarfon??