Semi Final 1: Portugal vs Wales

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I am expecting a world class display from Ronaldo. Not only is he due one, but he's coming under a lot of critisim. He's the type of guy you don't want to pressure.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I'm tempted to go down, the tickets are for the seating areas, mid and top tiers so i'm not sure how that would work with screens.
Reading the comments on Wales online, a few moaning that tickets have gone already :( and being touted on gumtree already £100 quid a pop, 4 from someone in Merthyr. Shit how this always happens!

Have you already got your tickets. You'd think if it was in the stadium you could pay on the gate, plenty of seats there.
Yeah fortunately a mate of mine grabbed me some this morning. Had no idea we needed to get tickets for some reason so I was in luck.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Good news for you then :)

Enjoy your time there! Will be amazing no matter what happens

Zen

I can't get down for this match, but a trip to Paris is well and truly on the card should it happen. 5 of us at work are off Sat-Sun-Mon....gotta be doable, the ferries don't shoot up like flights. Just a pain in the ass at the borders is all, but I had that when I went down at the same time as the group stages were on, so used to it.

Nice to see the English are massively behind Wales too, despite Welsh fans constantly droning on about anything England related, enjoying the winning run I keep telling them, but nope..similar in the Rugby though, kinda used to it.

Dan

I can't get down for this match, but a trip to Paris is well and truly on the card should it happen. 5 of us at work are off Sat-Sun-Mon....gotta be doable, the ferries don't shoot up like flights. Just a pain in the ass at the borders is all, but I had that when I went down at the same time as the group stages were on, so used to it.

Nice to see the English are massively behind Wales too, despite Welsh fans constantly droning on about anything England related, enjoying the winning run I keep telling them, but nope..similar in the Rugby though, kinda used to it.
How are you going to get tickets?

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I'm nervous as shit now. The thought of Ramsey absence is getting bigger and bigger the nearer the game gets. I hate that. A massive what if will engulf my mind if we lose tomorrow. I think our defence will a good job, maybe we'll concede one sure - it's just whether we can get a goal more than them. Bloody hope Kanu and Bale have the game of their lives. I don't rate Portugal's defence so that's something.

Whats the latest on Pepe?

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I'm right with you @Hernandez - BFA feeling like that!

I've been pottering around the house and staying away from here trying to keep my mind off it but I can't. Got butterfly's. It's ridiculous.
I haven't got over Ramsey not playing yet but don't want to dwell on it here.

Kanu always does the job for Wales and he's been fantastic leading the line, making runs, holding the ball up for us, he'll be a handful for their defence tomorrow I'm sure of it, hopefully bring bale into play regular from him.

I'm hoping we go with williams instead of King.

Shitting myself basically.

Edit: reading that through again, I don't want to imply only Ramsay will be missed. Ben Davies as also been fantastic. I feel gutted for them both.
It's hard to pick a player of the tournament for Wales. I could go through them all and point to plus points and how good they have been.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I'm right with you @Hernandez - BFA feeling like that!

I've been pottering around the house and staying away from here trying to keep my mind off it but I can't. Got butterfly's. It's ridiculous.
I haven't got over Ramsey not playing yet but don't want to dwell on it here.

Kanu always does the job for Wales and he's been fantastic leading the line, making runs, holding the ball up for us, he'll be a handful for their defence tomorrow I'm sure of it, hopefully bring bale into play regular from him.

I'm hoping we go with williams instead of King.

Shitting myself basically.

Edit: reading that through again, I don't want to imply only Ramsay will be missed. Ben Davies as also been fantastic. I feel gutted for them both.
It's hard to pick a player of the tournament for Wales. I could go through them all and point to plus points and how good they have been.
Very true, Davies has been a top dog for us this Euroes. His best performances in a Welsh shirt I'd say. I feel Collins could do a job for us, his height will probably do us a world of good for their set pieces really. Just hope his pace won't be his downfall.

Dan

Thinking of going over if we get to the final. Not sure about how to get a ticket though.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
A Williams and Chester have both been in beast mode so I'm hoping they cover whoever comes in, not so much cover but get them along and upto speed. think Collins should be picked and slot straight in there, he may have a better head for this than Richards, thats pure assumption on my part though.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Thinking of going over if we get to the final. Not sure about how to get a ticket though.
I can't see you getting a ticket for the final, fleck me, it's hard enough getting one for the millennium (I know) stadium for these semis.
Unless you've got wads of cash to maybe offer someone, probs be a few extortionate ones for sale.

One step at a time anyway :)

mikey_d

Can echo the sentiments of nerves. I'm looking forward to it and it's such a great achievement to get to the semi-final but to get so far and not get to the final would be so disappointing, especially because of the "what if" that is looming over us with the suspensions. I get that other teams have the same problems but it feels like same old for wales, on the precipice of an achievement and something goes against us which might have been avoidable.

Interesting who plays tomorrow.

Williams or King, I suspect it will be King unless Coleman / Osian can see some tactical advantage of having Williams play instead.

Collins or Richards - I actually think he may move Gunter to CB and have richards as the right wing back - would leave Gunter who is more comfortable going out wide to cover for the wing back if Ronaldo gets in behind. I think Chester will play LCB as I think he would be more comfortable there than Collins or Gunter.

I've got this nagging feeling though that we might change formation - play 4231 play bale, HRK and williams behind vokes, Just to try and bring bale into the game more as a creative spark now Ramsey is missing. I've been very surprised we have picked the same formation every game so far. Coleman is always going on about horses for courses, they analyse every opponent and select a formation and players to suit it and regularly changed formations in qualifying sometimes a couple of times per game.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Can echo the sentiments of nerves. I'm looking forward to it and it's such a great achievement to get to the semi-final but to get so far and not get to the final would be so disappointing, especially because of the "what if" that is looming over us with the suspensions. I get that other teams have the same problems but it feels like same old for wales, on the precipice of an achievement and something goes against us which might have been avoidable.

Interesting who plays tomorrow.

Williams or King, I suspect it will be King unless Coleman / Osian can see some tactical advantage of having Williams play instead.

Collins or Richards - I actually think he may move Gunter to CB and have richards as the right wing back - would leave Gunter who is more comfortable going out wide to cover for the wing back if Ronaldo gets in behind. I think Chester will play LCB as I think he would be more comfortable there than Collins or Gunter.

I've got this nagging feeling though that we might change formation - play 4231 play bale, HRK and williams behind vokes, Just to try and bring bale into the game more as a creative spark now Ramsey is missing. I've been very surprised we have picked the same formation every game so far. Coleman is always going on about horses for courses, they analyse every opponent and select a formation and players to suit it and regularly changed formations in qualifying sometimes a couple of times per game.

Good post but it's made me even more nervous! Haha

I've never really been a fan of King. I think williams has got enough creative spark and energy for harrying to slot in for Ramsay, all be it not an exact like for like or to Ramsey's level. I don't trust King he just makes me nervous.

I just don't want all the formation swap now we've got this far, everyone knows their job, it seems settled.
I'm not keen on Collins either to be honest, unless he just headers everything and doesn't try to use his feet, but I'd still prefer him to replace Davies so not to have to shift the whole back line.

Dan

Just got this email.

Congratulations! You won 2 tickets to the UEFA finals in France!

Must be scam.:nono:

Lostie007

I am expecting a world class display from Ronaldo. Not only is he due one, but he's coming under a lot of critisim. He's the type of guy you don't want to pressure.
Why is he getting criticized? haven't Portugal already over-achieved this tournament getting to the semi-finals?

No disrespect but a relatively "small" country like Portugal with a limited choice of footballers getting to the semi finals of the Euro's should be considered a great achievement. Some perspective is needed me thinks.

I don't think Portugal will beat France or Germany in the final anyway they are both in beast mode, so maybe it is less painful if they lose to Wales now? rather than losing another heartbreaking Final queuing the Ronaldo floods of tears again, big pictures in the media, Twitter mocking him etc.

If Wales lose in the final they will still be National Heroes. The pain of losing the final will hurt the Portuguese players more because of Euro 2004 and the "always the bridesmaids never the Bride" tag they will inevitably get

Last edited:

Reddevilboy

Supports
Brexit
Doesn't matter who wins this because whoever who wins this is just going to collect their runner-up medals in the final. :D

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Put a £200 bet on Portugal for this. No room for sentiment, I think they'll miss Ramsey and Davis too much for this fixture.

Wales fans and the team have been fantastic. Bale's attitude in pressers & on the pitch has been exemplary. I'm sure we'll see a couple of upcoming Welsh stars between now and the World Cup too.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I can't concentrate on anything at work. I want it to be 7pm with a cold beer in my hand. My nerves can't take it!

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I'm thinking draw, what do you guys think?

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Why is he getting criticized? haven't Portugal already over-achieved this tournament getting to the semi-finals?

No disrespect but a relatively "small" country like Portugal with a limited choice of footballers getting to the semi finals of the Euro's should be considered a great achievement. Some perspective is needed me thinks.

I don't think Portugal will beat France or Germany in the final anyway they are both in beast mode, so maybe it is less painful if they lose to Wales now? rather than losing another heartbreaking Final queuing the Ronaldo floods of tears again, big pictures in the media, Twitter mocking him etc.

If Wales lose in the final they will still be National Heroes. The pain of losing the final will hurt the Portuguese players more because of Euro 2004 and the "always the bridesmaids never the Bride" tag they will inevitably get
We have been overachieving in the past 5 euros with 4 semi final appearences. At this point i'm used to us reaching this stage and i'd be disappointed if we didn't reach the final. No offense to Wales, who have been amazing, but this time we aren't up against France or Spain, our usual black beasts. Having said that, if we lose, it wouldn't be as painful às losing to Spain, since i have a soft spot for Wales after working there for almost a year. Left there many friends and would be happy for them. But of course, i hope and root for our second Euro final appearence (even if i think that we will have a small chance against either France or Germany).

VanGaalEra

Looking forward to this one.

If Pepe is out that goes some way in balancing the order with Ramsey out. Hoping Portugal can win comfortably and gain more confidence for the final.

I stand side by side with @Sly for the rest of the tournament.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Looking forward to this one.

If Pepe is out that goes some way in balancing the order with Ramsey out. Hoping Portugal can win comfortably and gain more confidence for the final.

I stand side by side with @Sly for the rest of the tournament.
:lol: yay 1% of Red Café is rooting for us now, cheers mate. Seriously now, missing Pepe would be a big blow, he has been our best player in this tournament. But i think this is just a Santos bluff and he will play.

VanGaalEra

:lol: yay 1% of Red Café is rooting for us now, cheers mate. Seriously now, missing Pepe would be a big blow, he has been our best player in this tournament. But i think this is just a Santos bluff and he will play.
As he said, he'll sleep nicely while Sly will be up sweating and thinking about it lol.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Can't see any reason why Wales can't make it to the final, although Ramsey is a big loss for them. Portugal have not really impressed when I have seen them, they can't seem to get Ronaldo in the game enough, which translates as he's been shit but tbf, like any 'striker', he needs service, which he isn't getting enough of.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Can't see any reason why Wales can't make it to the final, although Ramsey is a big loss for them. Portugal have not really impressed when I have seen them, they can't seem to get Ronaldo in the game enough, which translates as he's been shit but tbf, like any 'striker', he needs service, which he isn't getting enough of.
He's been getting plenty of service though, has taken way more shots than anyone in the tournament and missed a fair few good chances.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Hala Ronaldo. He will secure his legacy in these final two matches.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Been nervous since I woke up too! Got the day off work to prepare. I'm not expecting miracles, it's just a great occasion!
Got some beers and bbq food in ready, may take the tele out the garden, nice weather here today.
Took the little un to school this morning in his full Welsh kit for sports day, seen flags everywhere, lots of people with Welsh tops on, men women and kids, even radio 1 were having a Wales morning so got to blast out the manics Wales song. It's surreal!

I think there's one maybe two English in the newbs rooting for Portugal so you're not alone :lol:

Balerion

I want Wales winning this with a Bale's free kick being the winning goal. *finger's crossed*

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.

Well I haven't critisiced him, the media has. I do think Ronaldo hasn't been Ronaldo this tournament but it's been a long season and many other top players haven't been themselves either.

You never know about who will win it. It's a knockout competition. To see Ronaldo win it 12 years after the first time he got his team to the final as a young boy would honestly be a beautiful moment. This would mean so much to him. It really would emphasise the hard work and determination he has put in.

This is why I love Ronaldo. Don't want to start a silly Messi comparision, but to me Messi is like this natural born maestro who has always been number 1 in everything and has been perfecting his art. Ronaldo on the other hand was like any other top footballer but his drive, determination and hard work has put him up there. Seeing his transormation throughout the years and all, it's all pretty powerful.

... I really went on a tangent there!

Big Andy

Bloke
I want Wales winning this with a Bale's free kick being the winning goal. *finger's crossed*
I'll take 2-1 either way, but ideally Wales to win 2-1 in 90 minutes...as I've got Wales to win BTTS at 9/1, and Wales to win 2-1 at 14/1...I've also got Portugal to win 2-1 at 9/1...

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Just had a dream that Wales won 4-1 so I'm gonna stick a tenner on it, there's my piece on the game.