Semi Final 1: Portugal vs Wales

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
France will win the game tomorrow, everybody beats England so that wasn't anything special.

English bait
It was a joke :(

But point still stands, neither portugal nor wales has a realistic chance against Germany.

Last edited:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
God, it'd be horrific if Wales went on to win the thing, I go to uni with a Welsh lad, would be unbearable.

goldenballs

Victoria's secret
Haha, yeah. It's been spine tingling watching the games there. Atmosphere has been absolutely unbelievable and I don't think there's anywhere I'd rather be to watch our games apart from at the stadium.
I'm from Bangor and we are all jealous of the Market hall atmosphere. We tried to get a fanzone at Bangors ground, but the big screen people were asking extortionate money apparently.

Cantona's Collar

I'm from Bangor and we are all jealous of the Market hall atmosphere. We tried to get a fanzone at Bangors ground, but the big screen people were asking extortionate money apparently.
There really is nothing like a packed Market Hall belting out Hen Wlad fy Nhadau and the scenes when we score. It's just mental and I'll miss it when the competition is over.

We were hoping the council would have sorted out something on the Square in Caernarfon for the Wales matches but I'm glad they didn't to be honest. Shame you couldn't sort out something similar in Bangor.

goldenballs

Victoria's secret
Bangor is cack, when it comes to things like this. You Cofi's seem to manage these affairs better than us. I love a good night out in C'fon, I often go to see my brother there.

Ban

Some talk about Bagor and Market Hall. Don't know what that is.

Hope Wales will somehow win it but Ramsey is a big, big miss. Time for Bale to shine some more. I just hope it won't be Ronaldo who will shine. I'm hoping for his classical all about me game.

Cantona's Collar

Bangor is cack, when it comes to things like this. You Cofi's seem to manage these affairs better than us. I love a good night out in C'fon, I often go to see my brother there.
Bangor City Council too busy pandering to the students instead of looking after the locals it seems. Used to love going out around Bangor back in the day but I started feeling like an old man around my mid twenties.

Anyway to get back on topic who's most likely to fill in for Ramsey do we reckon? I'd give Williams the nod over King personally. Hopefully the lads have been drilled well enough that we won't miss Ramsey too much but I'm not confident at all. Was confident all week going into the Belgium game but I'm terrified that Ronaldo will finally find some form and put us to the sword.

RoyH1

Wales have a chance, but without Ramsey it's going to be tough. Portugal will probably have men swarming around Bale when Wales has the ball. Portugal's midfield is also going to be tougher to break down than Belgiums and Ronaldo is due to score at some point.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Portugal will probably be one of the worst teams to reach a major final in recent times. Greece and Germany 02 also come to mind.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Wales have a chance, but without Ramsey it's going to be tough. Portugal will probably have men swarming around Bale when Wales has the ball. Portugal's midfield is also going to be tougher to break down than Belgiums and Ronaldo is due to score at some point.
Is Portugal's midfield that good?

goldenballs

Victoria's secret
Bangor City Council too busy pandering to the students instead of looking after the locals it seems. Used to love going out around Bangor back in the day but I started feeling like an old man around my mid twenties.

Anyway to get back on topic who's most likely to fill in for Ramsey do we reckon? I'd give Williams the nod over King personally. Hopefully the lads have been drilled well enough that we won't miss Ramsey too much but I'm not confident at all. Was confident all week going into the Belgium game but I'm terrified that Ronaldo will finally find some form and put us to the sword.
You feel like an old man in your 20s!! Wait until you hit your 50s and venture down Bangor high st!! :lol: I seem to be in the minority about Ramsey and feel we wont miss him too much. For me, he was giving possession away far too cheaply and far too often. Williams is a good call, fast and industrious, would cause a few headaches for the Portuguese defence.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Portugal will probably be one of the worst teams to reach a major final in recent times. Greece and Germany 02 also come to mind.
At least Greece were excellent at executing what they set out to do (defending). Portugal don't do anything. They just exist for 120 minutes then score a few penalties.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Go on Wales to feck. This tournament really highlights that teamwork is key. Individually talented nations just not integrating well together at all.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
At least Greece were excellent at executing what they set out to do (defending). Portugal don't do anything. They just exist for 120 minutes then score a few penalties.
Not really, according to this forum they absolutely battered Poland.

Lostie007

Ronaldo will be in Ashley Williams back pocket, until he lets him out :lol:

Smashin

Supports
Sporting CP
Hopefully he will recover and that thought will be nothing more than a bad dream ! :nervous:

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Great press conference from Bale, very calm, very respectful, certainly grounded and seems focus'd.

I don't know how so many people have got their knickers in a twist over his attitude and interviews.

My nerves can't take this waiting for Wednesday !

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Why is Bale doing all the pressers? Isn't it supposed to be the captain (Williams)?

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Why is Bale doing all the pressers? Isn't it supposed to be the captain (Williams)?
Funnily enough, I thought that while watching this one, it is strange, I suppose he is the star and is getting requested to do them. I doubt he's running around with his arm in the air shouting he wants to do them to be honest.

Sarni

Considering Portugal have so far managed to bore out a win against both teams who were extremely hopeful about the competition and wanted to make history (Croatia and Poland), I don't expect anything different on Wednesday. Obviously a draw in regular time, then a 120th minute tap in by Adrien Silva. I'll be cheering for Wales but can't see it.

Mani

It looks like Portugal peaking at the right time, going with Portugal for this one.

Sarni

To be fair Ronaldo missed 2 goals but if you see the stats they where even (not only the score) during the game.
Yup, I think we were much better in the first 30 minutes, it was equal between 30 and 60 and you were much better in the last 30. Extra time was boring.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
It looks like Portugal peaking at the right time, going with Portugal for this one.
How have they peaked? They've looked jack shit all tournament. Their peak was probably the comeback against Hungary.

They were discussing that on the radio a week ago or so - I just think he's a good player to face the media's questions due to his experience at playing for a huge club and in huge competitions, so he'd probably be used to it all. Plus, I heard that after the England match he WANTED to face the media just so it doesn't look as if he's only there when Wales are on a high. He took that presser well too.

He's saying all the right things so I have no issue. Williams was doing the presser with Coleman before the Belgium match though.

Reddevilboy

Supports
Brexit
Interesting that both Mark Lawrenson and Paul Merson predicted Wales to get past Portugal, then I realized they are just probably being biased. :lol:
I don't have anything against Wales even though I detest them for laughing at us but I guess the whole world is also laughing at us anyway. My best friend is Welsh and having had to endure mockery and ridiculed by us all these years, it would be nice to see him getting some "payback" at us. As much as I'd love Wales to beat Portugal to reach the final, I just can't see them getting past a tournament team like Portugal.

Mani

How have they peaked? They've looked jack shit all tournament. Their peak was probably the comeback against Hungary.

They were discussing that on the radio a week ago or so - I just think he's a good player to face the media's questions due to his experience at playing for a huge club and in huge competitions, so he'd probably be used to it all. Plus, I heard that after the England match he WANTED to face the media just so it doesn't look as if he's only there when Wales are on a high. He took that presser well too.

He's saying all the right things so I have no issue. Williams was doing the presser with Coleman before the Belgium match though.
You answered it there,all tournament they looked like they would never qualify for next round and in QF they started to play like champions.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Interesting that both Mark Lawrenson and Paul Merson predicted Wales to get past Portugal, then I realized they are just probably being biased. :lol:
I don't have anything against Wales even though I detest them for laughing at us but I guess the whole world is also laughing at us anyway. My best friend is Welsh and having had to endure mockery and ridiculed by us all these years, it would be nice to see him getting some "payback" at us. As much as I'd love Wales to beat Portugal to reach the final, I just can't see them getting past a tournament team like Portugal.
Detest us for laughing :lol::lol: ...do you mean us fans or the team celebrating an Iceland win? Funny how you all took it as celebrating an English loss.

I agree with you though :) everytime, or most times I venture into your land there's always someone who will crack a taff joke or a sheep joke lol, payback by laughing back at you on the rare occasion is nice on times :) it's what it's all about I suppose.

Nice to see there's a few of you wanting us to win, we couldn't have asked for a better chance going up against this Portugal side. Nerves are really kicking in hard already!

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I'll be there!
I'm tempted to go down, the tickets are for the seating areas, mid and top tiers so i'm not sure how that would work with screens.
Reading the comments on Wales online, a few moaning that tickets have gone already :( and being touted on gumtree already £100 quid a pop, 4 from someone in Merthyr. Shit how this always happens!

Have you already got your tickets. You'd think if it was in the stadium you could pay on the gate, plenty of seats there.