Semi Finals: Argentina vs Croatia | Eng... France vs Morocco

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Alvarez was as much at fault if not more. He flicked the ball around Livakovic and then ran straight into him.

The keeper did not run into Alvarez, Alvarez ran into him.

Unless the keeper, or any defender for that matter, is obliged the move out of the way to let a player through, then I can't see how it's a penalty.

It's not even a debate imo, even Walton said its a clear penalty.

The debate was whether its a yellow or red card, which he said is a yellow.

Nick7

Alvarez was as much at fault if not more. He flicked the ball around Livakovic and then ran straight into him.

Unless the keeper, or any defender for that matter, is obliged the move out of the way to let a player through, then I can't see how it's a penalty.
Jesus fecking Christ :lol: :lol:

Zen

Yes. Alvarez knows the rules and is as savvy to them as attacking player. That's a stonewall.

Livakovic also knows the rules and knows he NEEDS to touch that ball first if he goes for it. End of. (Thus no complaint from him).

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Croatia's lack of any talent in their front 3 really killing them. All falls apart so quickly once it gets there

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
For the posters cheering Argentina - remember them going to the final means longer rest to Martinez and more time with Maguire and Lindelof.
Martinez hasn't played a lot but he will be a WC winner, fine with me.

zbcrow15

Stone wall pen.

He literally put his leg across to stop him progressing, that's a pen every day, in every league.
I agree. I don't like it in this situation as it seems a weak penalty, probably because I'm cheering for Croatia, and I have seen a lot of referees not call that but it's a no doubt penalty.

OK_computer

Supports
Real Madrid
How many penalties will they get in this tournament? Must be some kind of record...

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Yes. Alvarez knows the rules and is as savvy to them as attacking player. That's a stonewall.

Livakovic also knows the rules and knows he NEEDS to touch that ball first if he goes for it. End of. (Thus no complaint from him).
What rule is that

Skills

Snitch
We've been a bit dull tbh, can understand it. It is the last hooray of our generation, but we just don't have the attack.
Been actually quite attacking today tbf. It's why you've been done on the transition for both goals

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
How the feck did Brazil lose to Croatia. Were they just massively overrated after rinsing a moronically naive Korea side?

Darkhorsez

People blame them for depriving them of a Brazil vs Argentina semi final :lol:
:lol: the goal came against run of play. Amazing achievement by Croatia to be in the semis. A goal from them and they are back in it. Having said this, I love Messi to get a WC

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Gvardiol looking like he feels he's too good to care about what his teamate is doing. Terrible positionning, far too agressive, looks like he didn't learn from Neymar's goal.

Flying high

Every team should be allowed 1 de paul in the team. They have to be really shit to qualify, but then they're allowed 10 free fouls per match.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Messi entertaining us.

croadyman

For the posters cheering Argentina - remember them going to the final means longer rest to Martinez and more time with Maguire and Lindelof.
I'm just enjoying seeing a team who have that desire and killer instinct to win at all costs. I wish we could have that in our team but alas not to be.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Are you aware there's a 3rd place match the day before? The difference is non-existent.

always_hoping

Doesn't look like a repeat World cup final pairing.

Poor defending by Croatia on both goals unlike of them in this tournament.

Someone

Something
I don't particularly like Argentina but the last WC final was rubbish, so Argentina vs France would be nice.

Nick7

Gvardiol looking like he feels he's too good to care about what his teamate is doing. Terrible positionning, far too agressive, looks like he didn't learn from Neymar's goal.
Lovren completely ignoring the rest of his defensive line to go walkabouts is where I’d place more blame.