Semi Finals: Argentina vs Croatia | Eng... France vs Morocco

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
The incessant need to bring him up in a thread that has nothing to do with him. He's no longer a United problem yet everyone here can't get over their massive hate-boner for him. It's just weird. It's like this forums obsession with Lukaku when he left.
I'm not a United fan. I do not care about him leaving United. I have always thought he was a massive dick and want nothing more than Messi to win the WC so the debate can be ended for good.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
I remember shitting my pants at a 20 year old Messi running riot at OT in a UCL semi final we somehow held on to win.
Watched it in an airport departure lounge. Nearly missed the flight

kaku06

Matterface with his pre-rehearsed attempt at some iconic commentary.
I hate that snivelling rat faced cnut. All the people on the planet and Natalie sawyer chose him. Dumb cnut. Now they are separated after that rat sniffed, licked and finished all the milk, cheese and chocolate.

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
One more match to end all debate. That sporting fan on here is sweating.
For a lot of people, the debate has already ended in the first knock out stage. For some others, the debate should not even exist in the first place.
The final debate should be where in the top 3 ever Messi should be placed

mav_9me

Argentina's second half has been class. Even the passing from midfield, they look like a proper team. Till now it seemed it was 7 destroyers, 1 runner, Messi, and a finisher.
Still the same. 7 destroyers. One conductor (Enzo), one magician (Messi) and one runner/finisher (Alvarez).

Todd

Proper thrashing. It's just a shame that Croatia shithoused their way to this semi-final as Brasil/Argentina would have been a tight match.

Elcabron

that’s debatable in this case imo. Keeper didn’t just walk out, he went into an attempted tackle/block. Alvarez chipped the shot so keeper stopped preemptively which led to the foul.

It’s harsh on the keeper but it’s not a controversial decision like some of the posters are claiming.
Ah yeah I'm not claiming conspiracy or the like, there are plenty of pen decisions I would disagree with. I just didn't think it was a pen.

Bole Top

I'm not even that angry or disappointed. our old generals gave their all and that's it, no point in blaming anyone. there was no energy left after last 2 games that went to extra time and it was obvious.

congrats Argies. fully deserved.

PoTMS

Proper thrashing. It's just a shame that Croatia shithoused their way to this semi-final as Brasil/Argentina would have been a tight match.
That's the problem with wanting the underdog to win. It usually results in really one sided latter rounds.

always_hoping

I fancied Argentina to win the World cup before it started a pity I didn't place some cash on it.

AndySmith1990

I hate that snivelling rat faced cnut. All the people on the planet and Natalie sawyer chose him. Dumb cnut. Now they are separated after that rat sniffed, licked and finished all the milk, cheese and chocolate.
How can a fairly mundane and inoffensive football commentator invoke such strong feelings? People these days really do love to get angry and hateful for any reason :lol:

IFC 1905

well done, hope you go all the way
Thank you! I'm pretty done with this. Winning or losing (if it's by not that much) will be ok for me, this team proved they fight and compete. That's all I ask for.

Buen mundial para que apareciera luego de varios donde quedó debiendo. El mejor nivel que le he visto en selección

Álvarez también es un monstruo.

Felicidades!
Gracias hermano!

To all the croatian posters: You guys did a great tournament, I'm sure your players were tired and that leads to mistakes like the second goal. And god I wish Luka was ours.

Zen

I'd prefer a team to win it after beating Belgium, Spain, Portugal, France and Argentina myself. But you ease into the first 5 games in a true World Cup.... expect France to do a similar number tomorrow and we get the right final.

Elcabron

That's a good point. Brazil Argentina would have been much better game.

kaku06

How can a fairly mundane and inoffensive football commentator invoke such strong feelings? People these days really do love to get angry and hateful for any reason :lol:
You don’t know anything about love. You are heartless. Go to the other side of the wall and join the wildlings or the white walkers if possible.

eire-red

Morocco have been great, but hopefully France can win and give us a great final.

Mbappe probably the only player in the tournament that relegates Messi to being only the second best player on the pitch. Will be fun to watch.

Croatia didn't have the legs and didn't have the quality up front.

DevilRed

Would have been a great semi final. Sadly such is tournament football.

If messi wins it all, he is the undisputed GOAT. Ronaldo punching the air right now.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Croatia do really well but just lack quality in a few areas, especially up front these days. Only so many world class players you can get from 4m people!

Alvarez looks the real deal which is quite depressing...

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
Assuming (no guarantee) that France get through, it’s our centre half partnership in direct competition.

Hopefully one of them can move past the final defeat and focus on the important stuff… Forest on the 27th
Exactly, would really expect both of them to save a bit as well.
WC finals are all well and good but who pays their wages :lol:

Canagel

That's a good point. Brazil Argentina would have been much better game.
After this Argentina performance I don't believe Brazil would have had the minerals to challenge them or go the distance.

Their strikers were wasteful in the Croatia game and Neymar was running on fumes. It's probably better they went out when they did, instead of getting beat by arch rivals.

fallengt

I guess Roy Kean is off Ronaldo's friend list
How could he praise Messi on live broadcast?

AndyMUFC

What an assist that was man. This and the assist against the Netherlands are in particular why he beats Ronnie.