Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ole90+3

Shaky not bad, and no I haven't blamed him for anything don't put words in my mouth.

He has been good but at certain moments in all our games he has been shaky, which is perfectly normal but it doesn't mean I won't mention it, I was actually happy with the signing and I have no problem with him starting for us.
Well I disagree. I think is has looked extremely competent, especially dealing with crosses, which is what I expected him to struggle with the most.

The only negative I can think of is him lingering on that pass from Carrick(?).

Roman Bellic

Prick
Well I disagree. I think is has looked extremely competent, especially dealing with crosses, which is what I expected him to struggle with the most.

The only negative I can think of is him lingering on that pass from Carrick(?).
He has, but he has also had a couple of shaky moments (which is normal for someone in his situation), he also hasn't come up against a really good attacking side that isn't still on holiday (yes, this is a shot at spurs).

I am confident in his abilities as our number 1 for now though.

Woodzy

@Kylar Stern

Early signs? He's conceded 1 goal in 3 games since the season started, and that goal was a horribly deflected OG.

He may not be as good as De Gea, and may even not be good enough to be our no. 1 long term, but he's still played fairly well so far and hasn't looked out of place thus far.
Brought the discussion here not to derail the twitter thread.

He hasn't much to do in all honestly, yet came very close against Brugge to costing us a second goal from nothing. A very costly goal it could have turned out to have been. This guy will be up against the likes of Aguero and Hazard later in the season it will surely turn out to be a disaster.

All keepers make mistakes, maybe it was a one off. We will see. I just don't rate him.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Why is the prevailing narrative here to laugh at anyone who doesn't think he's every bit as good as de Gea?

He's played well in his first three games- nobody is denying that. However, many of us have watched him regularly in the past and have reasonably come to the conclusion that he's not good enough to be United's number 1. A few good performances doesn't change that one bit.

Mali_Zeus

From BBC live stream: "What is Sergio Romero doing there? Matteo Darmian's back pass seemed harmless enough but the United goalkeeper dallied and dallied and striker Obbi Oulare almost stole in to steal the ball. The keeper is awarded a free-kick, fortunately for him."

dustfingers

Supports
MMC
From Matchday thread,
Here's the gif of Romero's terrible moment of madness. It is Morgan who passed back to him. He takes a step back to create better angle to pass to Blind or Shaw. The ball slowed down a lot though, it looks. Plus we play from the back and Romero is perhaps under instruction not to hoof the ball.
It doesn't look like a mistake to me.

prath92

I don't think anyone could do anything regarding the header. As for that obertan incident he clearly saw that they were offside and thought that they would leave the ball alone (colback mitrovic and all made no attempt to get the ball when they were offside)and obertan kicked the ball only so that Newcastle don't get caught in the counter when Romero collects and throws it back

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I don't think anyone could do anything regarding the header. As for that obertan incident he clearly saw that they were offside and thought that they would leave the ball alone (colback mitrovic and all made no attempt to get the ball when they were offside)and obertan kicked the ball only so that Newcastle don't get caught in the counter when Romero collects and throws it back
I thought that at first (the offside thing) until he started charging at him.

djembatheking

I don`t think anyone can judge Romero yet , he hasn`t had much to do as the teams we`ve played haven`t really threatened him and the defense has pretty much controlled the game in front of him . Not complaining though , long may it continue , just hope we don`t find out he is crap after the window closes .

bugmat

Was fine except for that time he came ridiculously far out of his box and was bypassed by a simple pass - thank God they were offside! Also didn't look close to stopping that header that hit the bar. Made a great catch later on, but had little to do.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
We've been fairly lucky in that he's hardly been tested so far. All the clean sheets are semi-deceiving cos he's mostly had feck all to do, thanks in large part to the defense and the quality of the teams we've played. One annoying habit of his I've found is that he rarely seems to feel any urgency in clearing the ball while it's at his feet and the opposition is nearby. Seems too lackadaisical in that regard.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
He seems so slow to get down for low shots, he seems to take an extra little step before falling over rather than diving. Kind of lumbering. Unfair to compare him to DDG in that respect, but that is the standard we've all come to expect and love seeing.

marlowe78

We've been fairly lucky in that he's hardly been tested so far. All the clean sheets are semi-deceiving cos he's mostly had feck all to do, thanks in large part to the defense and the quality of the teams we've played. One annoying habit of his I've found is that he rarely seems to feel any urgency in clearing the ball while it's at his feet and the opposition is nearby. Seems too lackadaisical in that regard.
Agree, he actually looks like Blackett at times when under pressure. You need to have some composure but it's like he's oblivious.

Still, we wouldn't have won the Spurs match without his play late in the game so he's made an important contribution.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
He did a really good, dominant catch off one of their corners, that was nice.

Big Andy

Bloke
His distribution is good I think...he generally finds a man with his long passes...

But I agree that he sometimes looks a little bit too laid back in his kicking...

I'm nervous having him in net, but with no real reason, other than that brain fart he had against Brugge in the first leg...

Brugge 0:4 Man Utd

Guy

Anyone else getting a sense of Foster from Romero?

Seems to quite frequently make the wrong decision when being pressed with the ball at his feet. Hasn't had a Tevez-level howler yet, but he seems increasingly due. Almost got caught out twice tonight so far.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Great goalkeeping at the end of that half

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
He reminds me of H Gomes. He's not done anything wrong yet, but he doesn't have the sense of aura of calmness required. I can't imagine having him as our main man for the season.

Dominos

Anyone else getting a sense of Foster from Romero?

Seems to quite frequently make the wrong decision when being pressed with the ball at his feet. Hasn't had a Tevez-level howler yet, but he seems increasingly due. Almost got caught out twice tonight so far.
He tends to take his time when it's passed back to him, but I've taken it as a sign he's calm and doesn't feel he needs to nervously rush his clearance.

That one on one keeping was :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.