Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

LR7

He was my MOTM. Considering the fact that he hasn't played a single proper preseason game with his team mates. Doesn't speak English. Didn't know that he was playing until a couple of days before. Making his PL debut at OT with lots of pressure and focus on him. He did really well all things considered. Performance will definitely give him (and his team mates) confidence. He'll have bigger tests ahead but it was a solid start.

Also, do adidas do a short-sleeved version of the GK shirt? We can't have him wearing that improvised version which looked like he's been hacking at the sleeves with a blunt knife every week can we?

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He was my MOTM. Considering the fact that he hasn't played a single proper preseason game with his team mates. Doesn't speak English. Didn't know that he was playing until a couple of days before. Making his PL debut at OT with lots of pressure and focus on him. He did really well all things considered. Performance will definitely give him (and his team mates) confidence. He'll have bigger tests ahead but it was a solid start.
Agree with all of this. I wouldn't buy Cillessen if De Gea goes.

chetan

The biggest concerning thing with him might be his temperament. I don't think he has been tested for an entire season. Even though he is a first choice NT keeper he is yet to be tested temperamentally for the course of 9-10 months given that he was second choice at his last 2 clubs.

Mali_Zeus

He plays like me at the goal when attackers close in on me. In my head I panic but then I make a cool pass to a teammate like there's nothing to it. And people sometimes say - wov how cool headed that pass was. And they dont know what went in my head.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He plays like me at the goal when attackers close in on me. In my head I panic but then I make a cool pass to a teammate like there's nothing to it. And people sometimes say - wov how cool headed that pass was. And they dont know what went in my head.
That's ok, actions matter more :)

VanGaalEra

:lol: :lol:

Stookie

Nurse bell end

Also, do adidas do a short-sleeved version of the GK shirt? We can't have him wearing that improvised version which looked like he's been hacking at the sleeves with a blunt knife every week can we?
He was mine too. Given the occasion I thought he did really well when you consider the other points that you mention. Hopefully it will be a sign of things to come.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
I hope Romero doesn't lose his place when the transfer window is over if he continues doing well! He's still relatively young for a goalkeeper.

FujiVice

Every time the ball comes over, he collects. Which is what I thought he'd have trouble with, coming to a new league where you have to be on alert with all the balls being whipped in. Cant slag him off at all.

ChaddyP

Hes actually exceptional with the ball at his feet and distribution in general. I feel like a dick head for worrying about him in the side

Minimalist

Doesn't look overly bothered does he? :lol:

Nothing in terms of difficult saves but doing what he needs to do right now. Defence is making his life piss easy.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

He does all his mistakes in the warm up. Good tactic.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Hes doing okay so far but we need to wait to see how he does under a lot of pressure. continuous shots on goal, continuous crosses, continuous 1 on 1 situations etc. we'll see.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He looks massive. Huge presence at set piece. Better than coming off his line than De Gea. Not seen enough of his shot stopping to judge that, but he did well at that against Spurs.

justboy68

Lets be honest, he's been a lot better than we expected him to be. Pleasantly surprised with him so far. Yes he's not had that much to do (particularly tonight) but he can play the ball around well, if a bit too risky at times, and has kept concentration well. Mainly though he's impressed from crosses, I expected him to be a bit of a flapper.

prath92

Hes doing okay so far but we need to wait to see how he does under a lot of pressure. continuous shots on goal, continuous crosses, continuous 1 on 1 situations etc. we'll see.
With our back 4 now, I think we have reduced the continuos flow of shots

westlife4ever

Cool as feck. Almost like he's taking the piss.

We will need to see him more to finally judge but the early signs are really promising.

Kag

He's not a flapper, which is satisfying as this is what worried me the most upon arrival.

He gives the impression that he's going to make an arse of every kick but that's probably just his style.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Hes actually exceptional with the ball at his feet and distribution in general. I feel like a dick head for worrying about him in the side
You shouldn't feel bad, I saw him play a fair amount of time and couldn't tell how good he was on the ball, I knew he wasn't bad but I didn't realized how good he was. The one thing I remember is that he is good at starting counter attacks.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Dave hasn't had 2 clean sheets in his first 2 games of the season since being with us, get rid of Dave!

In all seriousness, looks good so far. Will reserve the true judgement when he starts getting some real pressure on a regular basis (some parts of the Tottenham game saw him face this, and he dealt well with it in fairness).

sunama

Baghdad Bob
He did face a bit of pressure here, but seemed to keep his cool.
I want to see how he does in the CL game.

Jagga7

There was a backpass in that game where he was daydreaming and reacted really late. It feels like hes a disaster waiting to happen but he does have good starting positions and looks really secure on crosses.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
So far so good. He can only get better and if DDG leaves, it's ok if he takes over. He could be a bit lees laid-back imo though

Status
Not open for further replies.