Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
That scuffed kick to the Brugge player was nothing we don't see with De Gea, every now and then. Even last season.
This. DDG's distribution is certainly massively better than Romero's, but the mistakes we've seen from Romero so far is the same ones we see from DDG.

He's been fine. When he's been called upon, he's done the business and there's nothing more we could ask of him so far. 1 goal conceded all season, with help from the solid defence in front of him.

m1y2

with the possession football we still stick to it's easier for him to keep clean sheets, tougher games will come, more shots on the goal, much better quality of finishing, at that time we will need top class saves like from DDG but we will see, let him play until he makes mistake or two or doesn't provide some world class saves when he could..

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He's done much better than I thought he would. All the signing that the club has made have done well so far.
In terms of quality (and necessity) this has been one of the best windows. We bought an excellent RB, 2 brilliant midfielders, a great attacking talent and a solid goalkeeper who could be more than stop gap

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
In terms of quality (and necessity) this has been one of the best windows. We bought an excellent RB, 2 brilliant midfielders, a great attacking talent and a solid goalkeeper who could be more than stop gap
Yeah, it's been very good tbh. When that many new players arrive at a club, there is always one or two who take time to settle in but so far that hasn't been that needed. They will only get better too.

Trizy

Apart from his delayed kicking I've no other problems with him, he's been solid and even made a few good saves. Also feel safe on crosses, he's absolutely huge.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Apart from his delayed kicking I've no other problems with him, he's been solid and even made a few good saves. Also feel safe on crosses, he's absolutely huge.
That shits me up, balls in mouth moments.
(They are my balls figuratively)
He's not in the same league as DDG but very few are. Our defense is performing so much better than last season, it really isn't going to make THAT much difference.

prath92

Some of the comments on page 1 were so dramatic it's funny. I mean he isn't world class now but people made out as if we were playing a conference keeper

My favourite comment from page 1( remind me to not get investment tips from him)

He is as good in goal as Blind is at CB. He will get murdered if he gets thrown in. His decent WC appearances wont change my stance on him being an absolute average GK and not PL material.

Winrar

he will make a mistake later this season, just like every GK there is. want to see how he handles it when pressure is on him (from the media, opposition having more shots and pressure on us, etc.) before I fully judge him, because it will soon or later.

been doing better than I expected from him so far though.

izec

Some of the comments on page 1 were so dramatic it's funny. I mean he isn't world class now but people made out as if we were playing a conference keeper

My favourite comment from page 1( remind me to not get investment tips from him)
:lol: So far i look like an idiot. But the season still isnt over.

GapMinder

I think Romero has a problem that he is much better than how others have been treating him. At the moment he seems to carry that conflict with the world with him. Anyone who has been underrated to the extend he has been would have such a problem I think.

It would do him a lot of good if he was selected ahead of DDG by LVG and Hoek for some time to come, have some massive games under pressure and gain wider appreciation. He might improve a lot from that (total player philosophy). If so, he could be awesome for years to come.

If LVG and Hoek see even higher potential for the coming years they should keep playing him ahead of DDG for a month or so. Will give his confidence and outlook an enormous boost. See what he brings then.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I think Romero has a problem that he is much better than how others have been treating him. At the moment he seems to carry that conflict with the world with him. Anyone who has been underrated to the extend he has been would have such a problem I think.

It would do him a lot of good if he was selected ahead of DDG by LVG and Hoek for some time to come, have some massive games under pressure and gain wider appreciation. He might improve a lot from that (total player philosophy). If so, he could be awesome for years to come.

If LVG and Hoek see even higher potential for the coming years they should keep playing him ahead of DDG for a month or so. Will give his confidence and outlook an enormous boost. See what he brings then.
DDG will be gone anyway

What he is doing very well at the moment is maintaining concentration when he has very little to do. Thats almost as big a challenge as actually making outstanding saves.

We can speculate what he may or may not become as the season progresses, but so far he has been the perfect GK in not conceding a single goal (other than a fluke OG).

Roboc7

I think that is getting a bit carried away, he would have to have been pretty useless to have made a mess of things given how little he has been tested. Other than his save against Brugge everything he has done has been no more than what he should have done, the big tests are still to come.

He was brought into be the number two and that is where he will end up long term unless we make a real mess of replacing de gea, I am sure even LVG has no intention of making him our long term number one.

beergod

Also feel safe on crosses, he's absolutely huge.
apparently he is the smallest of his brothers. After these opening matches I don't have any worries about him with aerial balls, his judgment on them so far has been excellent. I can't escape the feeling that he has a lot of the skills you would want in a top GK, but that the whole is less than the sum of its parts at this point.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Hasn't put a step wrong imo, one of my hugest rated players so far.

buckooo1978

People seem to be drawing judgements about him which is unbelievable

Hes played a few times and has barely been tested

How could anyone make their mind up on him?

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
he's not good enough, simple as that.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Moved his foot out of the way of the ball.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Never taught he was good enough. We should have landed Cech or Begovic, if De Gea was going to leave. As these two were available. Even Valdes is an improvement as he has Barca-proven distribution.

El Zoido

He's crap, it's been obvious all season he had mistakes in him. De Gea would have saved both goals today.

Raw

Sorry but he should not be starting. I just knew he'd feck up once he's up against a real test.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
It was always a matter of when. You don't have a club career like his if you're a top rate keeper.

hp88

He's having a shocker today but we have got bigger problems at the moment. His distribution is fecking shite though.

Status
Not open for further replies.