Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
All these people being made to feel 'nervous' at Romero is just because, in my opinion, because the media have told everyone that he is supposed to make us nervous. He has been nothing but calmness personified in his two games so far in my opinion, and I have been pleasantly surprised with how he has played.

From what I've seen, he controls his area, is confident with his kicking, even if he doesn't have 100% pass accuracy as some seem to demand. When he has been called upon to make actual saves, he has done that well enough.

He may not be as good as De Gea, but it seems that, much to the disappointment of everyone looking in, there is no calamity to see here - at least on first viewings.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
All these people being made to feel 'nervous' at Romero is just because, in my opinion, because the media have told everyone that he is supposed to make us nervous. He has been nothing but calmness personified in his two games so far in my opinion, and I have been pleasantly surprised with how he has played.

From what I've seen, he controls his area, is confident with his kicking, even if he doesn't have 100% pass accuracy as some seem to demand. When he has been called upon to make actual saves, he has done that well enough.

He may not be as good as De Gea, but it seems that, much to the disappointment of everyone looking in, there is no calamity to see here - at least on first viewings.
I agree, lots of scare mongering about him, and he has done a good job and looked calm. Not fussed about him tbh, also we seems to have a more solid team infront of him too which helps.

LeftyBlaster

He may not be as good as De Gea, but it seems that, much to the disappointment of everyone looking in, there is no calamity to see here - at least on first viewings
This 100%. I don't feel nervous with him in goal at all. I'll admit the most I've ever seen of him at any one stretch were international tournaments. Don't think he's in De Gea's class but he's above anyone else we have as back up.

Raw

I'm still a bit nervous, we'll have to wait and see until we face a real attacking team. He did well after a bit of uneasiness against Spurs and was barely tested against Villa.

Rich_H_1989

lost in a street fight to van gaal
I'll be honest... My concerns came solely from the media telling us he was a mistake waiting to happen. I've never seen him play and of course YouTube videos can always be made to make a player look good or bad.

It didn't help that he wasn't first choice for Monaco so you wonder how can he be good enough to potentially be our number one.

However from the last two appearances I've been very impressed. He looks calm and like he feels he belongs in the shirt. In fact from crosses and long balls he looks more comfortable that De Gea still. De Gea still doesn't fill me with complete confidence at crosses.

By the way I'm not saying Romero is the better keeper because he's not. But he looks more physically imposing.

Eugenius

Looked a very soft goal to concede. Not a massive amount of pace on the ball and deflection was far out. Big brain fart as well where they almost scored. Pretty inexplicable that one - could see all of the play in front of him, must've literally not have been paying attention.

Enigma_87

You know who
Bad reflexes for the first goal, dodgy positioning and a brainfart almost made it 2:2

SirAF

Ageist
Bad reflexes for the first goal, dodgy positioning and a brainfart almost made it 2:2
No way, that was all on Carrick. And the second chance was the midfielder (who was it?) who made a shite back pass.

Minimalist

He's far too casual.

That said, anyone blaming him for the first goal needs to book an appointment with their doctor. :lol:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
They tried to blame him for the goal, WTF :lol:

Enigma_87

You know who
No way, that was all on Carrick. And the second chance was the midfielder (who was it?) who made a shite back pass.
It wasn't particularly fast ball. A keeper with better reflexes would have kept it out.

Schneiderlin made the pass, however instead of running towards the ball he was stepping backwards and made the whole situation.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Not at fault for first. All on Carrick.

The brainfart was criminal though. At first I thought Schneiderlin had given him a hospital pass, but he just didn't react to a perfectly ok back-pass.

Hopefully goes back to boring confidence inspiring solidity against Newcastle.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Schneiderlin. The pass was a bit short but he could've handled it without a problem, had he not made a few steps backwards, waiting for the ball. It was stupid. I don't blame him for the 1st goal though.

Kostur

海尔的老板
There were two deflections iirc for the first goal, first from Adnan and then Carrick. How the feck can you blame him for the goal? Yea, there was a brainfart from him in the second half, not sure whether it was due to lack of communication or whatever but that's it.

Not to mention that Carrick was testing him today before as well with that shit backpass he's made.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
You guys are seriously criticizing him undeservedly.

Their goal came from a double deflection. No keeper would have stopped that.

His mistake in the second half is a mistake few keepers can avoid. It's the mistake of not being too involved in the match and suddenly being called into action.

It is a concentration issue, even De Gea had it in his first season. Top clubs often work on the concentration of their keepers because usually they have nothing to do for 15 to 20 minutes before suddenly being called into action. This can be worked on. It also isn't his fault because most of the clubs he's been at don't have the luxury of complete control for 15-20 minute periods so he isn't used to this much static from the goalkeeper perspective.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Thought he did fine. Can't blame him for Carrick's brainfart nor Schneiderlin's backpass.

kundalini

Agree that the goal was Carrick's fault not Romero's. The crazy back-pass situation was more Romero than Schneiderlin but neither did well in that particular situation. Very lucky he got fouled otherwise we could easily have conceded another after his poor clearance.

Hed Zitin

Apart from going to sleep for that back pass, he was OK.

That goal wasn't his fault. He was in the middle of the goal for the free kick, which is normal and suffered two deflections.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Terrible positioning for the free kick that led to the first. Cover the near post is basics as a keeper that said Carrick was also positioned poorly and lost his footing when attempting to correct it. The pass back.... Wow! That was Sunday league stuff, come out and meet the ball, was he clocking somebody in the crowd or something!? Ridiculous.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
feck off to anyone who blames him for the first goal. I was at a bar and as soon as Michael Owen initially criticised him, the outcries of "feck off Owen" rightly came. Glad he eventually changed his mind. Whoever blames Romero for that is a bitter idiot.

He escaped it massively for feigning an injury half way through the second half. Got himself out of that one. Still thought he was solid apart from that mishap and was surprised how good his distribution was today. Handled well too.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
feck off to anyone who blames him for the first goal. I was at a bar and as soon as Michael Owen initially criticised him, the outcries of "feck off Owen" rightly came. Glad he eventually changed his mind. Whoever blames Romero for that is a bitter idiot.

He escaped it massively for feigning an injury half way through the second half. Got himself out of that one. Still thought he was solid apart from that mishap and was surprised how good his distribution was today. Handled well too.
Replays showed he was actually stamped on to be fair.

Raw

The first goal was never his fault. Though that moment where he got stamped on was a bit worrying for me, he took a step back for some reason?

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He's been fine and looks a very useful backup but if we go into the season with him as first choice we'll be throwing away any chance of winning the title.

Roboc7

I wouldn't blame him for the first goal but I think he could have done better, he seems to be day dreaming when ball is played back to him and was lucky to get away with it today. Its still too early to judge him but I still don't see him as being anywhere near good enough to be our number one.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Still not convinced by him, he's done ok better than expected but there is a complete brain fart coming from him sometime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.