Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I have and he has been crap for large part when he was an actual first teamer. He hasn't started with his blunders yet, but so far in his career he has had a fair share of those.

And afterwards Viviano has been a lot better especially at positional sense and crosses. It's no wonder that he couldn't displace him.
Hats off to you for consistently dedicating your weekends to follow Romero at Sampdoria, who apparently didn't play for them more than 10 times.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Well, today, he was definitely to blame for the 2nd goal.
At this point, I don't know what to make of him.
I'd prefer DDG, though.

Devil may care

I can't believe the same people are still trying to claim this guy is good enough, he's not, it's not a debate or an opinion exchange, he just isn't, bloody hell.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I can't believe the same people are still trying to claim this guy is good enough, he's not, it's not a debate or an opinion exchange, he just isn't, bloody hell.
He conceded one goal, big deal. We have bigger problems in Van Gaal's inability to get our players to play as a cohesive squad than going after a brand new keeper each time we concede.

Enigma_87

You know who
He was frozen out over a wage issue, not because of his form apparently.
He was frozen and sent on loan after 2 games against Udinese where he conceded 6 in those 2 games with half of them were saveable or blunders by him. So no it was not a coincidence. Of course Samp wouldn't want to hold onto a GK that is on such a high salary and a second choice.

Hats off to you for consistently dedicating your weekends to follow Romero at Sampdoria, who apparently didn't play for them more than 10 times.
Have a friend who is a huge Samp fan and I occasionally watch games with him, so yeah I know this guy.

Devil may care

He conceded one goal, big deal. We have bigger problems in Van Gaal's inability to get our players to play as a cohesive squad than going after a brand new keeper each time we concede.
He conceded a piss easy goal because he has poor agility and sluggish reflexes. We have problems and most of them stem from the arrogance of the manager, the guy that lumbered us with this guy in the first place.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He was frozen and sent on loan after 2 games against Udinese where he conceded 6 in those 2 games with half of them were saveable or blunders by him. So no it was not a coincidence. Of course Samp wouldn't want to hold onto a GK that is on such a high salary and a second choice.
So he was frozen out and not playing much. That doesn't seem to reveal much about his ability other than the fact they were upset he wouldn't renegotiate his wages.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He conceded a piss easy goal because he has poor agility and sluggish reflexes. We have problems and most of them stem from the arrogance of the manager, the guy that lumbered us with this guy in the first place.
The goal was his fault, but also a complete lapse in defense and failure of Shaw and Blind to track back and prevent the shot from ever taking place. It was a team effort.

C'est Moi Cantona

Not blaming him as such because he is what he is, but DDG would have saved both those shots, the second one DDG would have thrown his hat on and had it dispatched up front in the blink of an eye, hopefully his last game for while.

Witchking

The goal was his fault, but also a complete lapse in defense and failure of Shaw and Blind to track back and prevent the shot from ever taking place. It was a team effort.
If united we decent in attack, and Memphis was playing well then Shaw would not need to bomb forward at every opportunity. Blind is not a center back. Was tested by a strong forward and got found out. Hope this experiment end here.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
If united we decent in attack, and Memphis was playing well then Shaw would not need to bomb forward at every opportunity. Blind is not a center back. Was tested by a strong and got found out. Hope this experiment end here.
I agree there was too much bombing forward going on, which contributed to Blind and Shaw having to scamper back. Also, Gomis was ravaging Blind with his physicality. Rojo may have fared better in that case.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Knew that this would happen eventually. Whether he fecked up or not, the relative lack of confidence in him from the fans would result in these arguments. I didn't see the game so I can't tell whether he was at fault or not.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Knew that this would happen eventually. Whether he fecked up or not, the relative lack of confidence in him from the fans would result in these arguments. I didn't see the game so I can't tell whether he was at fault or not.
Happens to Blind as well. Fans are nervy about them and therefore rush off to bump their threads each time they make a mistake. The problem isn't these two particular players, its LvG and his inability to get us playing as a cohesive team.

Enigma_87

You know who
So he was frozen out and not playing much. That doesn't seem to reveal much about his ability other than the fact they were upset he wouldn't renegotiate his wages.
It's normal to want him to come good, if you haven't seen him all that much, although he had his fair share of blunders at national level as well. I fully expect him to make even bigger mistakes after he's put to pressure by some of the top teams in Prem.

Next week we play against Pool and after that against Soton. I fully expect him to do something stupid in one of those games.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
It's normal to want him to come good, if you haven't seen him all that much, although he had his fair share of blunders at national level as well. I fully expect him to make even bigger mistakes after he's put to pressure by some of the top teams in Prem.

Next week we play against Pool and after that against Soton. I fully expect him to do something stupid in one of those games.

When he does, make sure you gleefully scamper back in here and let us know about it.

Devil may care

Well you can add the whole Blind at CB because he's left footed and can pass to the list of LvG knows best. In a game like this Shaw was trying to get us on the front foot, the fact he's got to babysit Blind against pace and power is stupid, we had Evra who spent half his time up field but we didn't need to worry about Vida or Edwin fecking simple stuff up, nor should we expect that at a club like United where money has flowed like water for the last 2 years and we still look as far off as we were after SAF retired.

The bottom line is today was the first time Romero had a proper save to make and he confirmed what those of us who had actually seen him play already knew, no agility and slow reflexes. You are right it's a team game, for the last 5 games the back 4 have protected Romero and even bailed out some of his dodgy kicking, today it was his turn to help out the defense when it was breached and he couldn't hold his end up because he's not good enough.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Well you can add the whole Blind at CB because he's left footed and can pass to the list of LvG knows best. In a game like this Shaw was trying to get us on the front foot, the fact he's got to babysit Blind against pace and power is stupid, we had Evra who spent half his time up field but we didn't need to worry about Vida or Edwin fecking simple stuff up, nor should we expect that at a club like United where money has flowed like water for the last 2 years and we still look as far off as we were after SAF retired.

The bottom line is today was the first time Romero had a proper save to make and he confirmed what those of us who had actually seen him play already knew, no agility and slow reflexes. You are right it's a team game, for the last 5 games the back 4 have protected Romero and even bailed out some of his dodgy kicking, today it was his turn to help out the defense when it was breached and he couldn't hold his end up because he's not good enough.
I don't think LvG had much of an option as far as Blind goes - Rojo would've been more appropriate to fend of Gomis, but he wasn't fully ready yet.

Enigma_87

You know who
When he does, make sure you gleefully scamper back in here and let us know about it.
So we just ignore the fact that LvG keeps putting a liability between the sticks? Or we should look at other opportunities to excuse him of not being good enough?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
So we just ignore the fact that LvG keeps putting a liability between the sticks? Or we should look at other opportunities to excuse him of not being good enough?
He's not a liability, you're just pissed because we lost. If we won, this thread would barely be active. Get a grip and move on.

Enigma_87

You know who
He's not a liability, you're just pissed because we lost. If we won, this thread would barely be active. Get a grip and move on.
Not at all, I've commented on his performances while he was keeping clean sheets or we have been winning and while he was linked with us.

Devil may care

I don't think LvG had much of an option as far as Blind goes - Rojo would've been more appropriate to fend of Gomis, but he wasn't fully ready yet.
Or he could have forgot this left footed stupidity and went and bought an actual CB suited to the PL. I mean we've loaned Blackett out and sold Evans, there was room for a CB to be added, and in truth we are likely to need Blind in midfield at some point as Carrick and Schweinsteiger look as old as the hills. The fact is Blind has done well, no argument from me there, and I love his crisp passing into the midfield, but I always felt it was a valid concern that his physical weaknesses would end up negating his on the ball quality.

Sam

Very slow getting to the first goal, it was a very savable height and wasn't that fast. Haven't seen the replay of the second.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Christ, people really think of him as the next PIG ? He's a backup keeper for us who happens to be Argentina's number 1.

This guy didn't even had a feckin pre season while De Gea looked very careless against Barca at times with having loads of time to make up his mind about the contract issue.

red_devil83

He's like a pensioner the speed he gets to low balls. Looked woefully short today, especially the second goal.

Sylar

Keep in mind, DDG made nearly the same mistake against West Brom away in his Prem debut. Our defenders also arent really game smart are they? The dude is struggling with his kicking in the first half then you have the likes of Smalling and Blind facing their goal, but instead decide to turn around and lay it off to the keeper to boot it up field with an on rushing swansea attacker. Why do defenders do that?

Im not saying drop him cos of that however. Yes he made the mistake for the winner (think it was the indecision of whether to stay back or come out which done him), but we still have bigger problems to deal with. (And yes, I still think hes not a long term number one for us).

NoPace

It's bizarre. He's a career backup and because Argentina can't produce a damn keeper some people think he's a starter.

Look at the other top 10 teams (apologies to Dortmund) in Europe's backup:

Ter Stegen
Navas (Once De Ge signs)
Starke
Moya
Neto
Begovic
Willy Caballero
Ospina
Sirigu

I haven't seen much of Starke or Neto (started for Fiorentina last few years) but the others are all very respectable keepers and Bayern had Reina instead of Starke for the last couple of seasons. Romero would probably be picked between 7th-9th from this group, never mind the starters.

NoPace

We lost partly because he conceded a very soft winner. The first goal would have required a fine save, but that's what we need in net.

seaNNN

my posts are shite but my gobbles are alright
Romero is awful it's not a nice feeling knowing we are starting of the worst keepers in the league. Nothing he has done so far for us had filled me with confidence hopefully ddg returns or we get a real keeper.

Sam

I don't rate Romero but calling Lindegaard "twice the keeper" is hyperbole at its finest.
Especially since Lindegaard is shite himself, and has barely played in about 3 years, under 3 different managers. And has just 5 caps at the age of 31.

Sam

Very slow getting to the first goal, it was a very savable height and wasn't that fast. Haven't seen the replay of the second.
Just seen a reply of the second goal...horrible keeping. Just jumped over it.

DDG would have saved both.

Status
Not open for further replies.