Shamima Begum, IS teen wants to come back to the UK

Skills

Snitch
No idea. If they are European citizens though they can move freely throughout Europe and live where they want, in theory anyway.
Don't think this is true. I believe any country in the EU has the right to ban individuals to travel or live there within reason.

Asma Al-Assad is banned from all EU countries apart from the UK. She's allowed to freely visit the UK because she is a British citizen though.

Stacks

We are bomb makers for Saudi whilst they murder Yemenis, sanctioned hundreds of thousands to death in Iraq and are pretty careless with our bombing in Syria
We are weapons makers period and sell to the highest bidder. Weapons other countries can use for their defence. The argument is that they would be purchased elsewhere, possibly from the Russians or French. Unfortunately you do not get to decide how one uses them although I am opposed to the Saudis, I just refuse to equate this to Isis ideology. Also I disagree about reckless bombing in Syria as we tend to aim for Isis controlled territory.

Stacks

The law is that she can travel there without Visa, nothing to do with citizenship.
Bangladeshi citizenship is provided primarily jus sanguinis, or through bloodline, irrespectively of the place or legitimacy of the birth. Therefore, any person born to a Bangladeshi woman illegitimately outside Bangladeshi soil would still be a Bangladeshi citizen, whereas a person born to two non-nationals in Bangladesh would not.

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
Don't think this is true. I believe any country in the EU has the right to ban individuals to travel or live there within reason.

Asma Al-Assad is banned from all EU countries apart from the UK. She's allowed to freely visit the UK because she is a British citizen though.
Yes, if the ban is put in place. It’s easy enough to cross borders though as so many don’t have any passport checks.

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
Bangladeshi citizenship is provided primarily jus sanguinis, or through bloodline, irrespectively of the place or legitimacy of the birth. Therefore, any person born to a Bangladeshi woman illegitimately outside Bangladeshi soil would still be a Bangladeshi citizen, whereas a person born to two non-nationals in Bangladesh would not.
Dual citizenship must be applied for. Add the facts she's never been to the country and the country has "a zero tolerance approach to terrorism and violent extremism", it's fair to assume that this ting ain't popping yo.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47312207

She supposedly cant even speak Bengali, like.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
We are weapons makers period and sell to the highest bidder. Weapons other countries can use for their defence. The argument is that they would be purchased elsewhere, possibly from the Russians or French. Unfortunately you do not get to decide how one uses them although I am opposed to the Saudis, I just refuse to equate this to Isis ideology. Also I disagree about reckless bombing in Syria as we tend to aim for Isis controlled territory.
Very well said.
Where is the evidence for the RAF reckless bombing in Syria.

Anybody who knows anything knows that the RAF has a very strict set of rules which it goes through before any weapons release.
Moreover, the RAF Tornado and now Typhoon only operate with smart weapons.

That may not be the case for other countries but is for the UK.

Stacks

Dual citizenship must be applied for. Add the facts she's never been to the country and the country has "a zero tolerance approach to terrorism and violent extremism", it's fair to assume that this ting ain't popping yo.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47312207

She supposedly cant even speak Bengali, like.
They would say that as they do not want responsibility of out terrorists but lawyers have advised the government she is automatically a citizen so this will be a dragged out saga. Who knows, they may not be able to even block it. We'll just wait and see and she'll be in a camp for a few years

iluvoursolskjær

They would say that as they do not want responsibility of out terrorists but lawyers have advised the government she is automatically a citizen so this will be a dragged out saga. Who knows, they may not be able to even block it. We'll just wait and see and she'll be in a camp for a few years
Yeah I think this is part of the government's intention, to make it a long and hard process to act as a deterrent for others like her who may come out the woodwork or even other youngsters on the fringes who may be considering to do something as stupid a her.

Ultimately though cases involving Bangladeshis have been proved to be illegal as recent as last year; and I'm presuming the strategy used won't have been too dissimilar. I'll repost the video I did in the early hours.

Her Dad lives there doesn't he?
I'm not entirely sure tbh.

Carolina Red

Staff
Ultimately though cases involving Bangladeshis have been proved to be illegal as recent ss last year.
I’m guessing you’re talking about this...
In 2017, the government lost an appeal case brought by two British citizens of Bangladeshi origin who were stripped of their citizenship when they were abroad. The Special Immigration Appeals Commission ruled that E3 and N3 had not tried to retain their citizenship before they reached the age of 21, and so it had automatically lapsed.
Which if that’s the case, her being 19 would mean that ruling doesn’t apply to her.

iluvoursolskjær

I’m guessing you’re talking about this...

Which if that’s the case, her being 19 would mean that ruling doesn’t apply to her.
The key words there are that they hadn't attempted to retain the citizenship, meaning there is a process of application, which doesn't look like she'd get through anyways, going back to the BBC link I posted.

Abizzz

Oh is it. Why?
1) She is a known ISIS associate. I can't speak for all countries, but those where I know the laws that in itself is a crime and enough to be bared from entry (obviously not if she were citizen of that country too).
2)If that wasn't the case she could only move and live in another European country if she had the resources to support herself and any dependents. Given she's been a jihadi bride since she was 15 I highly doubt she has a lot of cash stashed away.

Your claim is Ukip BS.

Carolina Red

Staff
The key words there are that they hadn't attempted to retain the citizenship, meaning there is a process of application, which doesn't look like she'd get through anyways, going back to the BBC link I posted.
Sure it’s a key word... it means she still has the opportunity to until she’s 21.

Red Defence

1) She is a known ISIS associate. I can't speak for all countries, but those where I know the laws that in itself is a crime and enough to be bared from entry (obviously not if she were citizen of that country too).
2)If that wasn't the case she could only move and live in another European country if she had the resources to support herself and any dependents. Given she's been a jihadi bride since she was 15 I highly doubt she has a lot of cash stashed away.

Your claim is Ukip BS.
You’re missing the point. They can only stop her travelling throughout Europe if they happen to stop her and check her details for some reason. That bit is correct whether you like it or not.

Skills

Snitch
You’re missing the point. They can only stop her travelling throughout Europe if they happen to stop her and check her details for some reason. That bit is correct whether you like it or not.
They would stop her & check her details when she would try and leave the UK or Ireland. The border is 2 ways, we check details when someone is entering the UK and they check details when someone is entering into the Schengen region.

Abizzz

She would need to get into Schengen which is the same as getting into the UK. Also you said:
No idea. If they are European citizens though they can move freely throughout Europe and live where they want, in theory anyway.
You're second claim would be true whether she was a European citizen or not, if she did it illegally(if the premise were true to begin with). Also open boarders do not equate to no checks, it's delusional to suggest it does.

Red Defence

You're second claim would be true whether she was a European citizen or not, if she did it illegally. Also open boarders do not equate to no checks, it's delusional to suggest it does.
I take it you missed the programme where some people walked through border checkpoints (Italy, France I think) with IS flags (as a joke) and no-one stopped them because the checkpoints had been abandoned long ago.

Carolina Red

Staff
Opportunity to apply. The government can use its discretion and refuse.
Not according to the BBC article’s legal correspondent...

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-47312207
“Ms. Begum’s case is different. Her Bangladeshi citizenship, if established, would remain intact until she reaches 21, even if she has never visited the country or made active efforts to retain her citizenship.”

All it takes to establish her citizenship is that she was born to a Bangladeshi mother, which, we know she was. She is a citizen if that’s the case, and she doesn’t have to apply until she’s 21.

NinjaFletch

“Ms. Begum’s case is different. Her Bangladeshi citizenship, if established, would remain intact until she reaches 21, even if she has never visited the country or made active efforts to retain her citizenship.”

All it takes to establish her citizenship is that she was born to a Bangladeshi mother, which, we know she was.
Not according to Bangladesh:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/feb/20/rights-of-shamima-begums-son-not-affected-says-javid

iluvoursolskjær

All it takes to establish her citizenship is that she was born to a Bangladeshi mother, which, we know she was.
I'm no lawyer tbh, nor am I particularly well versed in British, Bangladeshi or international law. I'm just going on (as i imagine most are) the wording of the articles of journalists.

Whichever way this goes however, I find the whole thing disgusting. fecking fuming truth be told.

Abizzz

I take it you missed the programme where some people walked through border checkpoints (Italy, France I think) with IS flags (as a joke) and no-one stopped them because the checkpoints had been abandoned long ago.
You should really inform yourself about Schengen. Would you say people can just walk into the UK from anywhere because there's no boarder check between England and Scotland? I really don't care what some comedians do as a joke. I live near a boarder, I'm very much dependent on an open boarder, and lies like the one you posted are endangering it. She would be checked when entering Schengen, and at this point, she wouldn't be allowed in.

Red Defence

You should really inform yourself about Schengen. Would you say people can just walk into the UK from anywhere because there's no boarder check between England and Scotland? I really don't care what some comedians do as a joke. I live near a boarder, I'm very much dependent on an open boarder, and lies like the one you posted are endangering it. She would be checked when entering Schengen, and at this point, she wouldn't be allowed in.
I went (drove) from UK to France, getting on for 2years ago now, and we never got checked once. Only got checked coming back into the UK so it’s perhaps not as tight as people think.

Abizzz

I went (drove) from UK to France, getting on for 2years ago now, and we never got checked once. Only got checked coming back into the UK so it’s perhaps not as tight as people think.
Have you been a member of ISIS?