Sherlock

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
they have started filming season 3, I assumed this would be the final season but both Cumberbatch and Freeman have signed to do a 4th. I am delighted with that news.
Terrific news but I suppose that still puts Series 3 in 2014

Widnes

the article I read was saying towards the end of this year, but I don't know if that has been confirmed.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Yep. I read end 2013 or early 2014
Really? I was hoping we'd get it by this summer but then I suppose they've only just started filming. Wish there were more than just 3 episodes at a time, it's such a great series that leaves you wanting more.

Widnes

Has anyone seen the unaired pilot? Downloaded it a couple of weeks ago. It's same story as the first one with same actors but is different and only on for a hour. Certainly worth a watch if you haven't seen it.

Genius Me!

Has anyone seen the unaired pilot? Downloaded it a couple of weeks ago. It's same story as the first one with same actors but is different and only on for a hour. Certainly worth a watch if you haven't seen it.
Yeah I watched it first and then it made me appreciate the first episode more. Is virtually the same but the main difference I remember off the top of my head was the scene with the black cab.

Widnes

Yeah I watched it first and then it made me appreciate the first episode more. Is virtually the same but the main difference I remember off the top of my head was the scene with the black cab.
I think quite a few of the scenes where different including the ending, but some was almost identical. The pilot they used was a improvement though.

Genius Me!

I think quite a few of the scenes where different including the ending, but some was almost identical. The pilot they used was a improvement though.
Yeah and also the scene with the black lady cop. There were some differences and I agree it's worth a watch. But it would have been better watching it before the actual series I think, but still worth a watch to get your Sherlock fix.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Not sure what many of the Brits here think of it but I do get a kick out of The Graham Norton Show. Cumberbatch was a guest last night and I was pleased to hear they are halfway through filming Episode 2 for Series 3. Can't happen soon enough

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He did an excellent impersonation of Norton.

Interesting he said that none of the crowd who saw them filming will have known about how he escaped death.

Can't wait for this to return. I tried watching the US version but couldn't get into it.

jem

Sherlock stories have to be a bit kitschy, thats part of the fun. I laughed and was mad that I didnt figure it out earlier.

Best thing on tv since the first season of Twin Peaks.
Just started watching this, so I thought I'd take a peek around this thread. Anyway, pretty good show, but best thing since Twin Peaks? Not even close (see The Sopranos, The Wire, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire, Justified, The Office.)

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
He did an excellent impersonation of Norton.

Interesting he said that none of the crowd who saw them filming will have known about how he escaped death.

Can't wait for this to return. I tried watching the US version but couldn't get into it.
He really did, surprised me with that impression

I like Elementary (Not near the quality) but I feel like it's a band aid until Sherlock returns

Widnes

Would not been seen dead watching the Graham Norton show, but I am looking forward to seeing the 3rd series after the way the second season ended. As for Elementary I've been surprised how much I have enjoyed it but it will never rival Sherlock.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
That was probably the worst preview i have ever seen, i couldn't stop laughing at how bad it was considering i had watched the repeat basically to watch the preview. :lol:

Member 39557

Anyone watch the one that just came on BBC 1? Holy crap!

EDIT: Ah ok I'm clearly very late to the party.
On the plus side, you don't have to wait as long as us between episodes for the new shows at the end of the year.

RORY65

That was probably the worst preview i have ever seen, i couldn't stop laughing at how bad it was considering i had watched the repeat basically to watch the preview. :lol:

:lol: They hyped up that they had a preview and then just showed Martin Freeman with a tache and Sherlock Holmes not dead, which we already knew. They didn't even give a start date

Member 39557

It's actually the first episode I've ever seen! Definitely going to start from the beginning though, I was hooked after the first half hour.
It's good isn't it. I don't usually watch stuff like that, but I saw the Scandal In Belgravia episode and then ended up watching them all.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
:lol: They hyped up that they had a preview and then just showed Martin Freeman with a tache and Sherlock Holmes not dead, which we already knew. They didn't even give a start date

The comments on this video are especially hilarious given feck all happened. 'Fangirls' are mental.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Worst preview ever.

Revan

Assumptionman
Yep, seen that yesterday. It will be the last season (a friend of mine who has read all Sherlock books said that 'His last bow' is the epilogue of Sherlock, so likely the show will end here. Anyway it will be great 4.5 hours, I think.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
It might be because I have watched this in around 48 months, but im not sure it was ever "that" good.

Also, my guess as to how he lives:
1) He got a dead body from somewhere.
2) He got someone to do some plastic surgery onto it.
3) He hid it on the roof.
4) He threw it off the roof (although dunno why we didnt see him. Probably some elaborate pully mechanism).
5) Most of the "passers by" were his own people (hence knocking out Watson) and where all like "feck me Sherlock oh no."
Sorted.

roseguy64

It might be because I have watched this in around 48 months, but im not sure it was ever "that" good.

Also, my guess as to how he lives:
1) He got a dead body from somewhere.
2) He got someone to do some plastic surgery onto it.
3) He hid it on the roof.
4) He threw it off the roof (although dunno why we didnt see him. Probably some elaborate pully mechanism).
5) Most of the "passers by" were his own people (hence knocking out Watson) and where all like "feck me Sherlock oh no."
Sorted.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Really well done fan vid explanation, must say. Makes a lot of sense. Just rewatched series 2 recently, looking forward to the return

Scrumpet

There are no words
The real explanation will need to be better than that. Completely brushes over how you get a massive mattress or something off and on a bus in seconds, or how no one on the street saw it all.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Yep, seen that yesterday. It will be the last season (a friend of mine who has read all Sherlock books said that 'His last bow' is the epilogue of Sherlock, so likely the show will end here. Anyway it will be great 4.5 hours, I think.

Plans for a 4th apparently. :D

I love this. The atmosphere is a bit 'playful' at times but if you just accept it for what it is and go along with the ride then it's such a good show.

*Looking over the thread, people have used the word 'kitsch'. That's probably a better word, but it only really bothered me for about 20 minutes or so. Interestingly, I thought the unaired pilot was noticeably better in this regard.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
I've rewatched both seasons about 5 times. Wish there were more episodes!

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Watched this, it is brilliant. A lot different than the "Elementary" show, better IMHO but I still love both. Holmes is ridiculous with his deductive skills.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I was going to say, that's a crap solution. Thankfully it was only a theory