Sherlock

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
To be honest I just assumed they had already given it away when Mrs Hudson mentioned Sherlock keeping bodies in her freezer when standing over his grave. My theory anyway

WeasteDevil

His conversation with Molly around one hour in - "Molly, I think I'm going to die.... Do you still want to help me?" "What do you need?" "You!". Something along those lines. Forensic pathologists can be very helpful!

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Right I think
He knew how it would play out with Moriarty (give or take) so he had his homeless network dress up normally and they where the ones that showed up first... He threw Moriarty's body off the building to make it look like falling, the homeless dragged them away, then he somehow got down the building quickly, injected with a weird drug, but a tennis ball under his arm (so there was no pulse) and went to his mind temple.

Then the girl faked his death certificate and the rest.
:lol:

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Finally got round to finishing season 2 and it was brilliant. Really like how the characters are played, they all work off each other quite well and it makes for an enjoyable viewing experience.

There are a couple of things I'm not sure on with regards to episode 3:

What does Sherlock say that causes Moriarty to shoot himself? It's like Moriarty comes to a sudden realisation and that forces him to kill himself.

The assassins were there to get the 'code' from Sherlock but why were they waiting and not doing anything other than saving his life?

Is Moriarty actually dead? There is no mention of his body being found.
As for the conclusion, will be interesting how they make sense of it all. Moffat has said everybody's missing some clue in the episode and it's something Sherlock does which is out of character. So far, the theories seem to be:

• Molly and/or Mycroft help Sherlock fake his death - most likely outcome but how does he make a body double so quickly?
  • Sherlock fell into the truck and survived - it would've had to have been an accurate fall but it's plausible.
  • Watson was knocked out for a longer period of time than shown and that allowed a switch to be made. This plan also involves the 'homeless network' who helped KO Watson - it was strange Watson got KOd at that time.
  • Sherlock is actually a time-lord who merely regenerated after the fall - :lol::lol:

Brophs

The One and Only
This had completely passed me by without knowing who was in it etc. but after my brother raved about it I gave it a go. It's surprisingly good, knockabout fun given how dry the adaptations of the books have been at times.

MUFC07

You have to remember how Conan Doyle brought him back.

Far fetched solution, deus ex machina and what not. The explanation should be far-fetched in my opinion.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
So, you know, CBS approached Moffat to adapt this for the US, as they do, he said no I'm busy, so they went and did it without him...You know, as they do..And of course no new American show would be complete without a 5 minute trailer.

Easy V

Well, that looks shit.

Why not just show the original? It's a popular character, that is and always has been British, and shown in a British setting. So culture differences shouldn't really be an issue for potential American viewers, just like they weren't with the recent films. Plus, from what I've read on another, mostly American forum, the British series is actually quite highly respected by the Americans that have seen it.

prateik

So, you know, CBS approached Moffat to adapt this for the US, as they do, he said no I'm busy, so they went and did it without him...You know, as they do..And of course no new American show would be complete without a 5 minute trailer.

I watched that till they showed Sherlock speak. Couldnt watch it beyond that.
the feck :/

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
That American one could be entertaining if they ditched the characters being Sherlock Holmes based. I say could, because regardless they'll feck it up. Practically a different show though, also wonder how many eps they'll do of it seeing as Sherlock is 3 eps a season, but Americans love their 22 ep seasons.

gza the genius

Well, that looks shit.

Why not just show the original? It's a popular character, that is and always has been British, and shown in a British setting. So culture differences shouldn't really be an issue for potential American viewers, just like they weren't with the recent films. Plus, from what I've read on another, mostly American forum, the British series is actually quite highly respected by the Americans that have seen it.
I'm American and I liked it, I doubt I'll even watch this American version if it's actually being made.

When does the new season start, January?

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Rather than have an "American" version of Sherlock, why doesn't the US tv network Just work in collaboration with the BBC to produce a longer series with a much bigger budget?

Hallucinogen

Its highly unlikely but what if..

The Moriarty shown was not the actual Moriarty.
It is greatly out of character for this genius mastermind to kill himself just to get one over Sherlock and there is one thing that still nags me.It is the phonecall that Moriarty gets from someone and then he decides not to kill Sherlock.There is absolutely no one who is above Moriarty so who was that phonecall from and why did 'Moriarty' even listen to that person in the first place.Of course this theory becomes massively unlikely because Sherlock fakes his death and we know the reason Sherlock does that in the book is to catch the rest of Moriarty's gang.Still that one phonecall doesn't make sense to me and I find that more interesting than how Sherlock faked his death.

Unless of course that has already been explained.

Bebe

It didn't look terrible. Lucy Liu is never a bad thing. I don't expect it to be a patch on the British one though. It won't be as clever, nor as well developed, nor as occasionally poignant. It probably will have more gunfights and action though.

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
It didn't look terrible. Lucy Liu is never a bad thing. I don't expect it to be a patch on the British one though. It won't be as clever, nor as well developed, nor as occasionally poignant. It probably will have more gunfights and action though.
That's pretty much what CBS does. They have an overabundance of crime shows that are not terrible and are maybe one tweak away from every other cop show you've ever seen in your life. Somehow these do great with people between 30 and 60 years old and dominate the ratings as a result. I don't know how they manage to do it, but they're making money so I doubt any complaints I have as a tv viewer matter to them.

MUFC07

I think the moment you take Holmes out of a Victorian setting you lose a hell of a lot.
The adaptation is wonderful, though. I used to think the same, I'm a big fan of Conan Doyle's, but this is greatly adapted.

Was hoping this bump would bring news of a new series. fecking Americans.
Well, Series 3 is announced for January, is imdb is not mistaken.

MUFC07

And now they're doing the same they did with Life on Mars. Creeps.

prateik

They still havent started filming the 3rd series.. bastards.
Wont be aired for another year.

prateik

A few continuity errors in the series 2 finale.

When Sherlock first looks down from the rooftop (when he is talking to moriarty), everything is dry. It isnt raining.
When Watson arrives, it looks wet.
When they show the body hit the pavement, it looks dry again..
and when Watson arrives and sees the body, it is wet again.

Clues.. or just lazy feck ups ?

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Cumberbatch and Freeman have had a very busy year. The Hobbit trilogy for Freeman, Worlds end for Freeman. the Hobbit for Cumberbatch, Star Trek 2 for Cumbebatch, Parades End for Cumberbatch. Next year they're pretty busy as well. So season 3 was delayed until 2014. Moffat though has done his usual reveal of the stories for each episode “Rat. Wedding. Bow.”

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
"Bow" pretty much means that next season will be the last.

Widnes

Was talking about this in the recommend me a show thread, only recently watched them but its some of the best tv for years. It's a shame it's going to be ended after season 3 I know Freeman and Cumberbatch are making it in Hollywood but I think after season 3 they could of adapted this into a big screen film. That was probably always wishful thinking though.

prateik

Bloody hell. I didnt know what Mark Gatiss looked like. Just realized he plays Mycroft.

Writes the show and plays Mycroft.. what a man

Scrumpet

There are no words
That is weird. I've googled him and he has a much smaller face than Mycroft. Can they make your face bigger? Sounds like something that can be done.

Widnes

they have started filming season 3, I assumed this would be the final season but both Cumberbatch and Freeman have signed to do a 4th. I am delighted with that news.

Scrumpet

There are no words
Great news indeed.

I've watched the first few episodes of the American one. It's very silly, probably best to ignore every Sherlock Holmes reference and pretend its something completely different.

prateik

they have started filming season 3, I assumed this would be the final season but both Cumberbatch and Freeman have signed to do a 4th. I am delighted with that news.
Ooh.. didnt expect a 4th.. but the way they are going, the 4th season would probably air in 2016

Widnes

Great news indeed.

I've watched the first few episodes of the American one. It's very silly, probably best to ignore every Sherlock Holmes reference and pretend its something completely different.
I've been downloading them so upto date with the US I'm quite enjoying it but it is more your mentalist than sherlock.

Widnes

Ooh.. didnt expect a 4th.. but the way they are going, the 4th season would probably air in 2016
Yeh they seem to be taking there time, Cumberbatch has said that he would like to continue it after the 4th but it's just a question whether they will both have time to make them.