Shooting in Las Vegas

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
I disagree with people generalising and making sweeping statements about a whole country being a shit hole because of certain incidents or areas.

But this default setting that Americans have that "America and Americans are awesome" just lends itself to the status quo I feel.

Pretty much every country on earth has awesome areas and awesome people in it. I don't think anyone with a brain cell in them would imagine the US doesn't.

But you have to be able to criticise your country and the way it's ruled and governed without being typecast as some sort of unpatriotic traitor.

I get that it isn't everyone all of the time, but it is a lot of people and more of the time than anywhere else. I don't think there's another country on Earth where in the aftermath of an attack like this, people's first instinct wouldn't be to defend their country but instead to ask why the feck does this keep happening here?
Good post

Fergies Gum

Recommend people read the whole twitter thread from Callimachi. People have this view that ISIS claim responsibility for any kind of attack, but that's an incorrect view and the facts dont back it up.

binary bot
Recommend people read the whole twitter thread from Callimachi. People have this view that ISIS claim responsibility for any kind of attack, but that's an incorrect view and the facts dont back it up.
She lists relatively small events in comparison; I’d be shocked if they didn’t claim the biggest mass shooting in recent American history.

buchansleftleg

is the Isis magazine like a jihadi version of Hello....[insert name here] shows us around his delightful madrassa as he indoctrinates young boys against the evils of decadadent western lifestyle choices. On other pages - [isis celebrity] celebrates his 6th wedding in style in the "shabby chic" ruins of the Raqqua Marriot Hotel.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
is the Isis magazine like a jihadi version of Hello....[insert name here] shows us around his delightful madrassa as he indoctrinates young boys against the evils of decadadent western lifestyle choices. On other pages - [isis celebrity] celebrates his 6th wedding in style in the "shabby chic" ruins of the Raqqua Marriot Hotel.
You're actually not far off.

Fergies Gum

Beautiful show from Anderson Cooper tonight paying tribute to all the victims. Its heart wrenching listening to the loved ones talking about the person they have lost.

Silva

It's astounding how little we know about the why almost a week later. With other recent cases it only took a few days before the picture started to become clear, but there's been little almost no information here so far.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Perhaps for the first time ever (?) we have a mass shooting spree just because the person wanted to go on a mass shooting spree/put his name in the history books. Seemingly points at some kind of disdain for society in general.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Some posts on Reddit saying perhaps his motive is to bring gun regulation back into mainstream discussions by committing this act. Basically him being an anti-gun kind of type. I wonder what evidence they found that made them conclude that perhaps he did plan on escaping.

Billy Blaggs

Flacco of the Blaggs tribe
Some posts on Reddit saying perhaps his motive is to bring gun regulation back into mainstream discussions by committing this act. Basically him being an anti-gun kind of type. I wonder what evidence they found that made them conclude that perhaps he did plan on escaping.
I find this absolutely ridiculous.
Anti gun goes and buys an arsenal and kills innocents to get across a point. Sorry that doesn't wash with me.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
yes us humans do like to try and guess at things, myself included.

You have people claiming everyone of these shootings is some sort of false flag operation to bring about gun control or if it was terrorist related that it was a false flag to keep us all scared or to get backing for the war on terror.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
'NRA Chief executive Wayne LaPierre argued on Sunday that the answer to mass shootings like the one in Las Vegas lay in expanding Americans’ access to guns, including federal legislation that would overrule some local restrictions on gun carrying and allow licensed gun owners to carry their weapons nationwide.'

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/oct/08/nra-lapierre-gun-control

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
'NRA Chief executive Wayne LaPierre argued on Sunday that the answer to mass shootings like the one in Las Vegas lay in expanding Americans’ access to guns, including federal legislation that would overrule some local restrictions on gun carrying and allow licensed gun owners to carry their weapons nationwide.'

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/oct/08/nra-lapierre-gun-control
Wow. They're fecking awful awful people. My guess is that they say stuff like this knowing the compromise is for not much to happen. At least 'I hope so'. What I don't understand is why they care so much (other than money, but surely have plenty of that?), and how they hold so much power.

Member 5225

This Laura Loomer lady seems to be really probing all this hard and has some crazy theories:

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Haven't been following this but saw this on FB http://www.libertyinfo.net/2017/10/...und-dead-cops-make-sudden-shock-announcement/ seems eye-witnesses think there were 3 shooters and one key eye witness is now dead. Seems a bit fishy.
yes that article is very fishy and anyone believing it should be ashamed of themselves.

A quick google finds the only places running with stories about here are the typical conspiracy sites and fake news sites. There seems to be some question when you did deeper into whether she gave any statement at all to the police. There also seems to be some question as to her health even BEFORE the shooting took place.

Also eyewitnesses, there are 20,000 of them, well you know a fair few will get it totally wrong.

Last edited:

Santos J

yes that article is very fishy and anyone believing it should be ashamed of themselves.

A quick google finds the only places running with stories about here are the typical conspiracy sites and fake news sites. There seems to be some question when you did deeper into whether she gave any statement at all to the police. There also seems to be some question as to her health even BEFORE the shooting took place.

Also eyewitnesses, there are 20,000 of them, well you know a fair few will get it totally wrong.
That's nothing, go have a browse on r/conspiracy. Probably not as bad now but in the days right after the shooting it was something else.