Sir Alex Ferguson’s autobiography to be published on 24 October

Andrew~

I'm not sure Sir Alex is covering himself with much glory with the way he's bringing out all of this stuff - makes him look like a bit of a tit to be honest. Someone of his stature should be above releasing Rooney-esque books talking trash about people he worked with. But hey-ho, makes money I guess.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Obviously Keane seemed to have lost the plot in his latter days here picking fights with absolutely everyone but man I'd give everything to have him in midfield in his prime now, people talk about us losing that fear-factor nowadays and in a way it's true but not in the way they mean it. I think our players have lost that fear of what happens if we don't play well if that makes sense, like in the back of your mind knowing that you'll have to deal with SAF or a snarling Roy Keane probably just got that bit extra out of you.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Obviously Keane seemed to have lost the plot in his latter days here picking fights with absolutely everyone but man I'd give everything to have him in midfield in his prime now, people talk about us losing that fear-factor nowadays and in a way it's true but not in the way they mean it. I think our players have lost that fear of what happens if we don't play well if that makes sense, like in the back of your mind knowing that you'll have to deal with SAF or a snarling Roy Keane probably just got that bit extra out of you.
Who wouldn't, but at the end he wasn't in his prime, but he was still snarling at his team mate instead of the opposition.

DomesticTadpole

Is it just me who is uncomfortable with the fact he's talking about players who are still at the club? Not to mention the fact he's a director himself now. The stuff about Rooney should be kept to himself until both have moved on in my opinion, it doesn't help the team and could cause problems.
Maybe when the book was being written he presumed Rooney would be gone, might not be entirely impressed that Moyes has given in to him.

DomesticTadpole

Mark Bosnich

Described the goalkeeper as a "terrible professional"... Bosnich was tucking into everything: sandwiches, soups, steaks. He was going through the menu, eating like a horse."

:lol:
The response to that will be interesting, Alan Brazil quite often talks to him on his show.:lol:

Aboutreika18

He said Ozil wasn't on their radar in 2010 (which makes me question the scouting) and that they weren't looking at that type of player (a number 10) because he was trying to build a Rooney-Hernandez partnership.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Maybe when the book was being written he presumed Rooney would be gone, might not be entirely impressed that Moyes has given in to him.

Moyes bottled selling Rooney. Mata or Ozil would have been more than adequate replacement and were both up for grabs.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
He said Ozil wasn't on their radar in 2010 (which makes me question the scouting) and that they weren't looking at that type of player (a number 10) because he was trying to build a Rooney-Hernandez partnership.
Yeah, I doubt our scouts watched the 2010 world cup.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
It's clear to me how much Fergie admired Ronaldo's incredibly professionalism and drive over Rooney's lack of it.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
I presume it was prior to the World Cup and that they'd been looking at Hernandez and seen the potential in him as a partner for Rooney.
Clearly we would've spotted both prior to the WC, and decided that Hernandez was the better option seeing as we have a number ten in Rooney. SAFs decision in all likelihood so questioning the scouting based on that is pretty stupid.

DomesticTadpole

It's clear to me how much Fergie admired Ronaldo's incredibly professionalism and drive over Rooney's lack of it.
That's the point, Ronaldo gets his picture in the papers, but you can never doubt his professionalism or his ambition, his clothes maybe. Rooney has ambition, but his lifestyle will stop him being absolutely top notch. For all Beckham's celebrity lifestyle he has always kept himself fit, towards the end you wondered if it was for the football or the advertising contracts.

Ekeke

I'm not sure Sir Alex is covering himself with much glory with the way he's bringing out all of this stuff - makes him look like a bit of a tit to be honest. Someone of his stature should be above releasing Rooney-esque books talking trash about people he worked with. But hey-ho, makes money I guess.
He's just being honest after all this time as manager. A tit would have said it all while he was managing the club

DomesticTadpole

There's a United fan on Talksport now moaning about the book and that we didn't need to know about the Roy Keane/Beckham stuff. Autobiography would be pretty bland without some juicy stuff.

DomesticTadpole

He's just being honest after all this time as manager. A tit would have said it all while he was managing the club
I agree, it is better he comes out as says these things as he was there, rather than the press speculating and saying things that are 10 times worse.

Ekeke

I agree, it is better he comes out as says these things as he was there, rather than the press speculating and saying things that are 10 times worse.
True, its better to know the truth than people talking nonsense, by far. Like Rooney asking for a transfer this summer

DomesticTadpole

True, its better to know the truth than people talking nonsense, by far. Like Rooney asking for a transfer this summer
You wonder if Rooney's people are going to come out again and say he didn't ask for a transfer. It's a difficult one as we weren't privy to the conversation. One mans' word against the other.

LR7

I'm not that surprised about the Bebe thing given what Quinton Fortune said on that UWS podcast.

DomesticTadpole

Fergie has always had a flexible relationship with the truth.
I don't think anyone is always truthful, why would he be different. If he had said Rooney alone had asked for a transfer, I might have taken it as a misunderstanding, the fact his agent also went to Gill is making me think otherwise.

LR7

Rooney himself said he wanted to leave because he was being played out of position. All the 'did he/didn't he ask for a transfer?' bull is just splitting the finest of hairs.

Keenst

What he has said about Rooney is nothing new. He has already mentioned similar things before since this saga began. In fact, thankfully, he hasn't gone hard on him and said current Rooney will be part of his team every week.

I know he's mentioned the Rooney stuff before and he probably should have left it at that. Moyes decided to keep him and now Fergie is banging on about Rooney again as if he is a problem. In private I'm sure Moyes is a bit miffed about this kind of stuff coming out again when he's barely in the job a wet week, never mind Rooney.

We could do without it.

DomesticTadpole

Rooney himself said he wanted to leave because he was being played out of position. All the 'did he/didn't he ask for a transfer?' bull is just splitting the finest of hairs.
If SAF was here he would be gone, the Beckham/Keane stuff tell us that. Rooney was trying to dictate where he plays. Moyes has given in to him.