Site changes coming this Summer

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
So we'll no longer be able to see what time a post is made?
You can but for very old posts like that one, you have to hover over the date to see the time. For recent posts it has both the date and time without hovering.

That will be a mystry.

I didn't like the first screenshots that much, but the new ones look much better! Impressed.
Original screenshots were back when Niall was running it on localhost. Recently he's put the site in a hidden directory for modmins to view and we've had our feedback to improve aspects of the appearance and other things we didn't like.

Shark

@NotShark
That's what we're aiming for :)
Good stuff Niall, the Caf has always had a unique feel to other football forums and I think that it's important that you keep some of the features that make it stand out. :)

askabob

Looking much better than the previous version. Is there any way you can keep the font same as the current one (Verdana)?

askabob

The font in the most recent screenshot is Verdana.

Edit: Or do you mean the font outside of the posts? I think it doesn't look that bad.
It's not Verdana in the screenshot of the forum showing a list of topics. Looks more like Calibri to me.

x42bn6

I don't see it looks that different really. Which considering I'm tech-stupid is probably a good thing. Anyway Niall's obviously no fool so bring it on.
It's not really meant to look that different - but it feels better once you use it. There are many hidden features that you can't really demonstrate in a screenshot.

In the back-end of things, it's a lot lighter than vBulletin. It's vBulletin 4.0 done right.

Mod support is probably a lot worse, but that will improve over time.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
So, does this mean I don't have to get someone to take over the stats thread for next season, as it will be done by 'magic' or an act of mod or whatever?

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
So, does this mean I don't have to get someone to take over the stats thread for next season, as it will be done by 'magic' or an act of mod or whatever?
Yes and no. The stats topic would become somewhat redundant but the new matchday section will still need people to input the match data - lineups, goalscorers etc. I may come looking for your help with that gooDevil :)

I've been side tracked with the matchday section development in recent weeks as I've been focusing on the forum migration. Still hoping it will be ready for the new season but it's a bit up in the air atm.

Traub

Are there going to be fixture lists and league tables? It would be useful to see United's fixtures (including time) well in advance on here instead of having to go to another site.

binary bot
He's going the Pro Evo route. Man Red will emerge top of the table next season, closely followed by Man Blue.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Pretty sure you can list the Man Utd fixtures, and post a league table if you change some shit. You're allowed to post freely available information.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I will leave it to yee who know more (or can find out more) than I to tell me what is and isn't legal in the matter of fixtures and league tables... :)

Traub

:lol: didn't mean to start a problem here, but it really is, IMO, one of the only things the site is missing.

Does a website like goal pay the premier league?

Traub

Oh well, maybe another site can pay you to have a link to their table :)

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Yes and no. The stats topic would become somewhat redundant but the new matchday section will still need people to input the match data - lineups, goalscorers etc. I may come looking for your help with that gooDevil :)

I've been side tracked with the matchday section development in recent weeks as I've been focusing on the forum migration. Still hoping it will be ready for the new season but it's a bit up in the air atm.
Will the U21s and U18s get the same statistical treatment as the first team? If I didn't have to make stat and schedule pages that would make me happy.

I'm open to negotiations, I'm thinking a nice picture of Paul Scholes under my name. :) Can't have too many of those around, you'll have to admit.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
I'm gooDevils' agent.

He wants to be made a full admin, a tagline of his choice, and a picture of his choice.