Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippycup

I know this will sound funny but there's a lot of Manchester United fans in the world. However, there's a LOT LOT more non-United fans obviously. Those fans will not want to buy Apple products knowing it will be going a way to help bankroll us, as fickle as it sounds.
Agreed.
Just like the way I and every other football fan now refuse to buy petrol.

stepic

If anything, Apple comes with a tonne of baggage when it comes to violating working rights and working conditions. Mass suicides, low pay, long working hours without break, just to satisfy the demand for Apple products. Apple (and other major ICT companies) has been a case study for years when it comes to CSR; initially they refused to acknowledge their responsibility with regards to their suppliers, but ended up with creating an internal audits division after a good amount of external pressure - but jury still out if that has helped at all.

Just look at what's happening at their major Foxconn factory as we speak. Mass brawl, police and security guards beating up workers. All this due to them hiring tons of people on shitty contracts with concerns also regarding COVID safety - just so they can make enough iPhones in time for the Christmas sale.

Not saying they are alone with having these issues, but they are probably the most well-known and they are probably closest to having the dodgy rep those states usually mentioned have.
who do you propose as the owners then, greenpeace?

not saying you're wrong with your criticism of apple, but samsung do the same, and all of us here use one of their phones. there is culpability for all of us just participating in the modern world.

Tarrou

basically the owners needs to be

rich enough to buy UAE
have made their money by being nice to people
have a doctorate in human rights law
have a CV that includes running major football clubs
have experience as a DOF
be a lifelong United fan that grew up in Manchester

Chief123

I heard spotify lost millions of Madrid subscribers this year…. Oh wait, yeah that didn’t happen.

Imagine thinking most of the World give a monkies feck where their phone or laptop maker invests their money :houllier:
Have you not heard about all the people refusing to board or land at Heathrow airport because it’s 20% owned by Qatar?

MDFC Manager

rich enough to buy UAE
have experience as a DOF
Not use Ed Woodward as a consultant.. or in any capacity

AndySmith1990

Have you not heard about all the people refusing to board or land at Heathrow airport because it’s 20% owned by Qatar?
By all the people do you mean the 0.01% of Karen's who shout the loudest on twitter?

If Apple bought United all you'd see is a few unwashed scouse prats posting pics online of them holding smashed up 10 year old iPhones

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Ed Woodward will see this as an opportunity to right the wrongs of the past.

In Ed we believe.

BarstoolProphet

who do you propose as the owners then, greenpeace?

not saying you're wrong with your criticism of apple, but samsung do the same, and all of us here use one of their phones. there is culpability for all of us just participating in the modern world.
I wasn't trying to attack people wanting Apple as the new owners, more the notion that Apple's rep is squeaky clean in contrast to the much maligned 'oil states', when in fact, Apple got probably the worst rep of any major international companies when it comes to violating worker's rights. And this has followed Apple for atleast 15 years, so it's not like this is some sudden issue. More I found it interesting that many still doesn't know about this, even though Apple is the most valueable and recognisable brand (maybe Aramco has overtaken them in value now due to the current situation) in the world. Also with the timing, considering what is going on at the major Apple factory in China right now. And yes, this has been an issue for pretty much all of the major ICT companies the past decades (PC manufacturers like HP and the likes got most of the flak in the laptop's heyday).

I think many are indirectly culpable if you look deeper into things, but can't blame people for not managing/wanting to keep up. It's too inconvenient for people to boycott ICT products. And that can probably be transferred to being an football fan of an English top club also - what's more convenient, having controversial owners that brings success or having bad owners (with a mostly clean CV) that slowly ruins your club?

Last edited:

Marcelinho87

Foldtrafford.

By that logic, any conglomerate with the stacks of cash should be interested which is absolutely not how the corporates operate.

I adds no value to the brand by acquiring a sports team like it would if they were to acquire a software giant or a chip manufacturer for example.
Don't Samsung have a large part of the South Korean military, they are above the gov there.

justboy68

I'm suddenly realising I might be from a family of nutters in that we DO purposely avoid buying stuff from rival team sponsors.

Although I think the stance has softened in recent years. Remember when we were buying a new TV in the 90s and even though we liked the JVC one more, we bought the Sharp. :lol:

Zippycup

I'm suddenly realising I might be from a family of nutters in that we DO purposely avoid buying stuff from rival team sponsors.

Although I think the stance has softened in recent years. Remember when we were buying a new TV in the 90s and even though we liked the JVC one more, we bought the Sharp. :lol:
I genuinely couldn't tell you any other teams shirt sponsor

BarstoolProphet

I have trained my brain into thinking that Carlsberg tastes like piss, something I still think to this day :D

Slevs

likes to play with penises

rich enough to buy UAE
have experience as a DOF
This is basically like the terms fathers put when someone asks for their daughter's hand in marriage

- rich but generous
- has a house with no mortgage
- car available 24/7
- guaranteed lifelong job with obscene pay
- good family heritage

You're never gonna find anyone like this :lol:

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
This is basically like the terms fathers put when someone asks for their daughter's hand in marriage

- rich but generous
- has a house with no mortgage
- car available 24/7
- guaranteed lifelong job with obscene pay
- good family heritage

You're never gonna find anyone like this :lol:
hello....

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire

rich enough to buy UAE
have experience as a DOF
Yes please.

Cloud7

I genuinely couldn't tell you any other teams shirt sponsor
My last car came with Yokohama tires during the period when they were sponsoring Chelsea. I should have told the company I'll take it without the tires.

Woodzy

My last car came with Yokohama tires during the period when they were sponsoring Chelsea. I should have told the company I'll take it without the tires.
Should have sent them on loan to a a much smaller car in Europe for 8 years before selling them.

devil99

rich enough to buy UAE
have experience as a DOF
And recruit players based on redcafe poll results

Make substitutions based on match day thread

Complete any transfer activity even before the window is open

Never recruit players older than 24 years

Turn Old Trafford into Gold Trafford

largelyworried

I still won't buy Crown Paints.

Kaos

I remember wanting the dreamcast to fail because of Arsenal. Eventually got my wish but it ended up being my favourite games console :(

Telsim

Would be entertaining to have a poll, like with the new permanent manager last year.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
And recruit players based on redcafe poll results

Make substitutions based on match day thread

Complete any transfer activity even before the window is open

Never recruit players older than 24 years

Turn Old Trafford into Gold Trafford
Don't forget that 24 year olds in 5 years are 29, which is almost 30.

Tarrou

Woody helped bring us the Glazers, the least he can do is help to feck them off

Loon

:lol:
Woodward will do as he did before. Make sure the Glazers get the best possible deal and feck United.

Mr. Robot

Woodward will do as he did before. Make sure the Glazers get the best possible deal and feck United.
Nonsense. The ridiculous posts in here today are something to behold.

Woodward will be a conduit for the Glazer family and potential buyer.

The highest bidder will buy the club. So Woodward isn’t going to just sell to some random guy for a Twix and packet of Hob Nobs.

The party who offer the most money will purchase Utd. And it’s going to be an organisation who is absolutely loaded because they’ll be required to have deep pockets.

This isn’t the same situation as buying Chelsea. The opportunity to buy a historic club the size of Utd rarely, if ever, comes along. There are going to be behemoths like Apple and Saudis lining up resulting in a bidding war. Ironically, both the fans AND the Glazers will get what they want this time.

Saying that, a portion of our fanbase won’t like who ends up owning Utd due to ethical reasons but in no way does Ed Woodward have the means to ‘feck over Utd’ and why would he anyway? The club were good to him and paid him a fortune in his time here. Sure, a few idiots visited his house but in general, EW was given a lot of money and power for his role as Chief Executive of Manchester United.

Some of the negativity and paranoia in here over the last 48 hours is ridiculous. Some of you are never, ever happy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.