So we have Bayern

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Talk of a massive scoreline is silly - they never turn up when expected. But we do only have the slimmest chance of getting through - I reckon it'll be in the region of 3-1 on aggregate.
They might not have to turn up to get a massive scoreline.

They score 4 or 5 in the German league without breaking a sweat....

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Talk of a massive scoreline is silly - they never turn up when expected. But we do only have the slimmest chance of getting through - I reckon it'll be in the region of 3-1 on aggregate.
We'll do much better than everyone expects, thats for sure. When people are talking about record aggregate defeats we can only do better!

Sir A1ex

losing narrowly means we're both out of the CL and Moyes job is more assured. I want us to either go through or for it to mean his job is under more pressure if we lose.
Yep, for me football is all about doing so badly that the manager gets fired. What else is there?

Nedved

Everything's possible, even with Büttner. I mean, look at these two sides from 2005. Compare the players, especially the left backs:

Cina

Yeah, well feck you. If we lose I hope you contain your glee.
Thanks.

Obviously I want us to win, I'm saying if we lose, I'd rather we get spunked so that useless fella in charge of us is gone out the door quicker.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
On the bright side.... there's a good chance Atletico can knock out Barcelona and if Madrid bottle it against Dortmund like they tend to do at this stage of the competition, if by some miracle we get past Bayern, we would stand a good chance of winning the thing.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Evans has to play at Left Back, if not Rafael at LB and Valencia at RB. In no way should Buttner be near the starting 11
This. Buttner on the field would be like giving Bayern a goal advantage.

Siorac

This. Buttner on the field would be like giving Bayern a goal advantage.
Valencia at RB is pretty much the same, tbh. Tony against Ribéry is the stuff of nightmares.

Blasphemy

Everything's possible, even with Büttner. I mean, look at these two sides from 2005. Compare the players, especially the left backs:

That Liverpool side has a great spine to it for what it's worth.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
They might complain to UEFA in that case. Unless you suggest we play without a keeper.
if you've spotted it then there's no way the ref won't. back to the drawing board.

Keenst

I'm actually happy with this draw. We'll be under no pressure whatsoever and it would be amazing to prove everyone wrong.

Mersault

The first thing you'd expect is for us to get absolutely murdered in midfield. I suppose the defense will contain 3-4 center backs (Rafa/Smalling - Vida - Jones - Evans), at the very least, we won't have Evra to bring the ball forward.

I wonder what midfield we're going to go with, we need mobility, energy and pace. We don't really have that.

charleysurf

Thanks.

Obviously I want us to win, I'm saying if we lose, I'd rather we get spunked so that useless fella in charge of us is gone out the door quicker.
United winning would be a nightmare for you. You'll be praying for us to be smashed. You might as well get over to RAWK to talk to like minds.

Sir A1ex

Jesus, I'd forgotten what a mis-atch that was. I know a couple of them were past their prime, but that Milan line-up is just amazing. Is there a single Liverpool player who would take his opposite number's place in the Milan team?

Cina

United winning would be a nightmare for you. You'll be praying for us to be smashed. You might as well get over to RAWK to talk to like minds.
You come across as a more illogical feckwit than most of the anti-Moyes brigade on here do.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Can't wait for this clash. Bayern will probably think we'll be an easy touch but I'm very confident that Moyes and the lads will knock the wind out of their fecking sails and Bayern will be brought back down to earth with a bang. C'mon Utd, schtick into them...

charleysurf

You come across as a more illogical feckwit than most of the anti-Moyes brigade on here do.
You're a fecking disgrace. Get your West Ham shirt on for tomorrow.

Mauzindark

I know we're supposed to put on a brave face but I'm genuinely scared they'll Kroosify us.

iAm20Legend

For once, Moyes can talk about making it difficult for them without fear of caf reprisals.

Cina

You're a fecking disgrace. Get your West Ham shirt on for tomorrow.
K.
I'll never change my stance here, I do not want us to lose. I do not want to tune into a TV for two hours and actively root for the team I support to get beaten, ever. However, in the event that we are losing, and it's obvious we are going to lose, I hope things turn sour as shit out there both on the pitch and from the crowd so it can help get him out of this club sooner.
I would question myself as a football supporter if I actively rooted for the opposing team to win in situations like this.
you seem to think I want us to lose, I don't, I want us to win, I would fecking love it if we somehow won, but what's the point in only losing by a goal? it achieves nothing, if we're going to lose, we should get spanked so we can get ourselves a good manager in quicker.

Dante

Average bang
On the other hand, if we can somehow beat Bayern it will add a bit of polish to what is otherwise a turd of a season. I know that lots of posters have talked about being an attractive destination for prospective signings... well getting through to the next round, past the best side in the world, will be a fantastic way to achieve that.