Social Media Justice: A "Karen" faces consequences for threatening a Black man with cops

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
People take insult to something then draw straight for the, “Why don’t you go back to where you came from”. It’s obviously bubbling under the surface; I wonder how many people are a confrontation away from their racist moment.
Maybe, but then this person is also an absolute loon.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
This is really disturbing and scary

Scary but Vegas is full of meth addicts and this seems exactly like something racist meth heads would do.

I'd have asked "if it's her car why are you trying to smash it?"

Otherwise, dude did a good job of protecting himself and his kids.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Scary but Vegas is full of meth addicts and this seems exactly like something racist meth heads would do.

Are they 'a thing', eg a sub culture demographic segment? Perhaps inspired by breaking bad?

What is their underlying belief system and how is it different from your classic redneck?

Last edited:

Dr. Dwayne

Are they 'a thing', eg a sub culture demographic segment? Perhaps inspired by breaking bad?

What is their underlying belief system and how is it different from your classic redneck?
Meth makes people obsessive but the obsessions they succumb to depend on the individual and, sometimes, the moment. I don't think there's anything in the meth subculture that promotes racism. WIth this group it probably comes more from their association with motorcycles and bike gangs, etc., as they really look the part in that regard. I don't think normal racists of any ilk would engage in a confrontation like this but get them high on meth for three or four days with no sleep and suddenly it's a great idea.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

:lol: They're meth addicts. You're being very generous to assume they have a belief system other than "I believe I need more meth."

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Meth makes people obsessive but the obsessions they succumb to depend on the individual and, sometimes, the moment. I don't think there's anything in the meth subculture that promotes racism. WIth this group it probably comes more from their association with motorcycles and bike gangs, etc., as they really look the part in that regard. I don't think normal racists of any ilk would engage in a confrontation like this but get them high on meth for three or four days with no sleep and suddenly it's a great idea.
:lol: They're meth addicts. You're being very generous to assume they have a belief system other than "I believe I need more meth."
Interesting. I know nothing about meth.

Do you know what the racial % consumption of meth is? is it more consumed by whites than blacks, relative to population?

Eg: crack was designed for poorer blacks in US ghetto. Or once upon a time ‘ganja’ was more consumed by blacks than whites in London.

I guess what I’m asking is do ‘Alt Right’ or white supremacists prescribe to a narcotic of choice, that is part of their sub-culture and identity?

I wonder if Karen’s also have a Drug of choice? Probably Xanex or OTC opiods?

PS: not assuming you know the answer :lol:

Dr. Dwayne

:lol: true. Very astute, Shane.

Interesting. I know nothing about meth.

Do you know what the racial % consumption of meth is? is it more consumed by whites than blacks, relative to population?

Eg: crack was designed for poorer blacks in US ghetto. Or once upon a time ‘ganja’ was more consumed by blacks than whites in London.

I guess what I’m asking is do ‘Alt Right’ or white supremacists prescribe to a narcotic of choice, that is part of their sub-culture and identity?

I wonder if Karen’s also have a Drug of choice? Probably Xanex or OTC opiods?

PS: not assuming you know the answer :lol:
Meth's appeal is that it's about the most cost effective drug there is from a cost to duration perspective. So there's no particular racial appeal, it's more to do with your economic status. This applies to crack as well, which was designed to make a more affordable form of cocaine so more people would buy it. $10 - $20 of crack rocks will last you all night, whereas a night of powdered cocaine can easily cost between $100 and $300.

Karens will be high on prescription opioids or benzos, because these drugs suit their economic and social status (i.e. they'd like to avoid doing anything illegal).

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs

It happened in Spokane Valley not Vegas ;)

b82REZ

I'd give this a 9/10 on the Karen scale

The girls filming this handled the situation perfectly. Kudos to the them for not getting baited by the "go back" comment, and even turned it around to the point the racist woman didn't know what to say.

AFC NimbleThumb

Beat me to it :lol:

& before the ‘we need to see what happened before she started recording’ brigade turn up - what in the hell does someone have to do to have a gun pulled on them in a parking lot by a fellow civilian honestly.

Fair play to the woman recording.

AFC NimbleThumb

There's always someone who responds to these "if this happened to me I'd (implied violence)". Like, that's going to go down well, spending years in prison because of a minor scuffle.
Yep & the woman behind the trigger is looking for a reason to pull it; any violence there & people aren’t simply going to prison for a few years - it’s the hospital at best.

AFC NimbleThumb

Anyone else thinks she looks like police the way she was holding her gun?

I need twitter to find me the biography on this woman, something doesn’t sit right.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
The whole mindset is completely alien to me. Never mind pulling a gun, I can’t even relate to the desire to own one.
If you live in a neighborhood where plenty of people carry guns and there are regular break ins it's a very natural desire. A gun becomes a difference maker. In certain situations its perfect for home defense.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Anyone else thinks she looks like police the way she was holding her gun?

I need twitter to find me the biography on this woman, something doesn’t sit right.
You feeling you need to know the biography of a woman half a world away doesn’t sit right with me.

AFC NimbleThumb

You feeling you need to know the biography of a woman half a world away doesn’t sit right with me.
Almost as unsettling as you thinking i care if something is not sitting right with you.

We’ve been down this Karen road before, let’s move on before the back & forth. I forget how literal this place can be.

AFC NimbleThumb

I think we might have gone full circle.
Hmmm. . .

She definitely said she’d ‘beat his white ass’. . .

I’m now wondering what she was up to behind the car. . .

Still unsure why she would be pulling guns on a lady in front of her daughter; but again, the lady did threaten violence - was she feeling scared for her safety. . .

Hmm. . .

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Why were they begging the man to do something? Just to film it?

What a strange world of people we live in

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
This morning I thought that they were all obnoxious, the last video just cemented my opinion. The woman filming was escalating things in the tweeted video and the woman with the gun is a lunatic. It's a miracle that no one was hurt.

AFC NimbleThumb

Why were they begging the man to do something? Just to film it?

What a strange world of people we live in
I’ve heard a lot of people wish [somebody] would do something & daring [somebody] to do something.

She calls her a b*tch, he takes offence then turns towards the mother, she then repeats it & says she’ll put hands on him if he says something - I wouldn’t call it begging the man, I’d say it’s a warning.

Either way the mother isn’t setting a great example of turning the other cheek or rising above here. If her child was pushed she needed to raise it better.

That being said if someone did something to my child then wanted to act like nothing happened I wouldn’t bother recording but they’d leave knowing not to touch my child, or any other, again.

Given the mentalists involved it’s a miracle no one was shot.

hobbers

Don't blame her for pulling a gun after that. :lol:

The mother is by far the biggest weapon in that encounter.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I’ve heard a lot of people wish [somebody] would do something & daring [somebody] to do something.

She calls her a b*tch, he takes offence then turns towards the mother, she then repeats it & says she’ll put hands on him if he says something - I wouldn’t call it begging the man, I’d say it’s a warning.

Either way the mother isn’t setting a great example of turning the other cheek or rising above here. If her child was pushed she needed to raise it better.

That being said if someone did something to my child then wanted to act like nothing happened I wouldn’t bother recording but they’d leave knowing not to touch my child, or any other, again.

Given the mentalists involved it’s a miracle no one was shot.
Guess people see what they want to see, I thought I heard them both repeatedly saying do something please. Because they wanted to film it or retaliate or whatever I don’t know.

shows the internet is full of let’s divide videos and feck context of anything

AFC NimbleThumb

Guess people see what they want to see, I thought I heard them both repeatedly saying do something please. Because they wanted to film it or retaliate or whatever I don’t know.

shows the internet is full of let’s divide videos and feck context of anything
Definitely.

I read your post & rewatched that part a few times; definitely goading to a lot of people. I’ve just heard the terminology quite abit so see it slightly differently.

They do both say do something btw, you heard correct I’m just hearing it with a different context but regardless of that the mother’s acting terribly & in the long run could have put her daughter in life threatening danger.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Definitely.

I read your post & rewatched that part a few times; definitely goading to a lot of people. I’ve just heard the terminology quite abit so see it slightly differently.

They do both say do something btw, you heard correct I’m just hearing it with a different context but regardless of that the mother’s acting terribly & in the long run could have put her daughter in life threatening danger.
Sometimes I wish the forum had a thumbs up so I could just give you that to your post and move on. I’ve got nothing really to say to it or disagree but don’t want to ignore your reply :)

AFC NimbleThumb

Sometimes I wish the forum had a thumbs up so I could just give you that to your post and move on. I’ve got nothing really to say to it or disagree but don’t want to ignore your reply :)
:)

I’m basically doing the same. We really do need a like button.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
& before the ‘we need to see what happened before she started recording’ brigade turn up -

what in the hell does someone have to do to have a gun pulled on them in a parking lot by a fellow civilian honestly.
Fair play to the woman recording.
Erm .... ;) (I'm as guilty as you on this most times as well :lol:)

I think it won't make sense to us because we are not from gun touting USA. But there are over 400m guns in civilian circulation over there, so most people have a gun.

Having seen both VDO's, it seems as though the black mother is continually escalating the situation, whilst the white lady was trying to calm her down. and then her daughter jumped behind the reversing car ... in a gun owning culture, I guess its natural for the white lady to tell them to bugger off by waving a gun? Personally I think the black lady and her daughter are to blame.

But, yeah, someone is going to get shot for social media likes very soon.

Last edited:

AFC NimbleThumb

Erm .... ;) (I'm as guilty as you on this most times as well :lol:)

I think it won't make sense to us because we are not from gun touting USA. But there are over 400m guns in civilian circulation over there, so most people have a gun.

Having seen both VDO's, it seems as though the black mother is continually escalating the situation, whilst the white lady was trying to calm her down. and then her daughter jumped behind the reversing car ... in a gun owning culture, I guess its natural for the white lady to tell them to bugger off by waving a gun? Personally I think the black lady and her daughter are to blame.

But, yeah, someone is going to get shot for social media likes very soon.
:nervous:

I’ve come around a little since my first comment; still not sure it needed a gun but like you say in a culture where you can carry concealed weapons I’d be a little less. . . aggressive.

AFC NimbleThumb

It appears that it wasn’t actually necessary to pull the gun in this incident.

The husband has been fired which seems harsh given what we saw in the longer video.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...chipotle-parking-lot-gun-incident/5366368002/

Dave Coulter - Oakland County Sherriff said:
I am deeply disturbed by an incident last night where a woman pointed a cocked gun at another woman during an argument. This behavior is unacceptable. I wholly expect the prosecutor to bring charges that reflect the severity of the incident.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
No idea what happened to start the two ladies harassing the couple, but from what I saw in the video, was the mother and daughter trying to start a fight, be racist themselves. Meanwhile the lady was calm and attempting to leave, before the other lady tried to block her/pretend to get hit to further the escalation. No surprise at that point the other lady snapped and drew the gun to protect herself and then allow herself escape.

If two crazy folk were harassing you, its no surprise a weapon was drawn, not only to protect yourself, but also to give you space in order to get out of the situation. Even more so in America where guns are a normal part of their society.