g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Sofyan Amrabat | 2023/24 Performances

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
As we already know, he's unfortunately not the required level, but he at least has a little bit of fight about him and did his share of the scrapping for a creditable result.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
Too slow on the ground and too poor in the air. I thought AWB had the worst timing when challenging aerially, then I saw this guy. He's so bad, sometimes he misses the ball completely.

nickyboy1981

He was so bad today. Gave the ball away countless times. I thought he had turned a corner with the performance against Chelsea but I think that was down to just how bad Chelsea were. Get rid.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
So... He did make a couple of decent defensive contributions. A couple. He was also bypassed and looked lost far more often. On the ball he was like having another CB on the pitch. He actually had 57% pass accuracy - from our midfielder who tried the least attacking passes. Absolutely criminal. I think the posters suggesting he'd bring composure and being "press resistant" in the summer are lucky they arent banned. Phil Jones made for a better DM
You were right. He clearly isn't United level and you did warn us. World cup performances did flatter to deceive. The Oleg Salenko of the midfield. You probably right about the Phil Jones comment, I'd go as far as current Phil Jones.

DON’T PANIC ™

Thought he was poor, but with Casemiro injured or suspended. We need him unless we sign a replacement.
Mainoo is streets ahead of him.

Red00012

Mainoo / Hannibal / Gore can take his minutes in January plus a few returning midfielders

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He is absolutely awful on the ball and chases around. Don’t think he actually positions himself all that well. Someone like last year’s Casemiro next to Mainoo would be perfect for us now.
I actually would say he chases at decent times, it's definitely not headless chicken stuff.

theatreofdreams777

This guy is barely Championship level let alone being a PL midfielder. I really think he’d be out of place in teams like Palace or Bournemouth. He has no business in PL.

Didn’t do one single positive thing in 97+ minutes and gave the ball away constantly. Puts the team under unnecessary pressure most of the times. What was the manager thinking when selling Fred for peanuts and loaning Amrabat for a bigger money? He’s definitely a downgrade on Fred.

I hope ten Hag is not stupid or stubborn enough to make this loan permanent. That 10m fee is already a waste of money; dont waste futher 25 m.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He tries hard but he’s just not good enough. He doesn’t have the physical gifts to make up for his average technical ability. I prefer him in central midfield to McTominay but we need to upgrade.

Roboc7

He keeps trying at least but he’s just not good enough and another midfielder who just isn’t mobile enough.

Bobski

You were right. He clearly isn't United level and you did warn us. World cup performances did flatter to deceive. The Oleg Salenko of the midfield. You probably right about the Phil Jones comment, I'd go as far as current Phil Jones.
Phil Neville was a far better midfielder let alone Jones.

Someone

Something
The gif about sometimes good sometimes shit applies here. But I'm glad we have him while Cas is injured.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Been a huge disappointment, was so poor again. There must be better options out there if we don’t have anything else in the squad, looks worse than Sabitzer.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It’s also VERY out of character. He’s been consistently getting the highest pass completion % in the team over the last few weeks. 90%+ most games.
Yep. Think he just shat himself out there really. He's typically better than that, easily his worst performance for us, but generally I don't think he's really cut out for this league.

Aint gota Kalou

He started terribly but improved. He's not slow but he takes about 15 minutes to get up to speed and then can't stop himself quickly.

Despite not being great individually, he is going to be
crucial to us and is the only midfielder who actually plays normally and does midfieldery things. Other than Mainoo who is still young

Rex Banner

I'm hoping it's just the result of not having a pre-season, but he doesn't seem to have the legs to play in the PL. Far too slow and immobile again.

Bobski

He started terribly but improved. He's not slow but he takes about 15 minutes to get up to speed and then can't stop himself quickly.

Despite not being great individually, he is going to be
crucial to us and is the only midfielder who actually plays normally and does midfielder thing. Other than Mainoo who is still young
He is, especially on the turn.

Trequarista10

Tbh, despite the lack of quality, he did what was necessary today. Took up good defensive positions, broke up attacks. Can't fault his effort.

Maybe I'm just shell shocked that we actually lined up with two CMs.

RuudTom83

Bless him, I hate to criticise but his limitations are glaringly obvious, and he is playing in the middle of the pitch with nowhere to hide.

Belisarius

I don't know why everyone is being so hard on him. Against a very good team he kept his concentration and was always in position for the full 90 mins +. His and Mainoo's tenacious shielding really helped Evans and Varane keep the clean sheet.

It's true he didn't provide much going forward. But, without him we don't get the draw today.

criticalanalysis

Still very inconsistent with the ball but unlike McTominay, you can actually 'praise' (even if it's very faint) his work rate and general mentality.

Not a great performance by any means and just about about okay, all things considered.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
get him the feck out of here. Fiorentina don't even miss him