Sofyan Amrabat | 2023/24 Performances

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
A part of me thinks our standards have slipped so low that someone having 1 decent game all season suddenly is redeemed of a rubbish season.
It's absurd, isn't it? He's been consistently shit all season, has shown no signs of meeting the required standards, and then after one decent performance you have half the Caf suddenly saying we should sign him permanently! :wenger:

mu4c_20le

Exactly I don't understand why they raving about him on youtube channels, he's too slow and gives the ball away, do that against city and you get punished or any of the top teams.
Think this season has been so rancid that people are grasping onto anything remotely positive. One decent performance = raves. One short speech thanking the fans = raves.

DavelinaJolie

I thought his game against Chelsea was better to be honest, he seemed quite up and down during the game last night. I do wonder if the issues with passing last night would be less prevalent if he had had more time in the team. I think he'd give us more in midfield than Case has to be honest, but at this point it's too late to see much more and we should be letting him return to Fiorentina.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Like I said before, he should've been utilised much more than he has been. But he's not a player we should sign and I see opportunity and bigger potential in signing either Mandela Keita (Royal Antwerp) or Youssouf Fofana (Monaco) who is entering the last year of his contract. Both players would likely be value signings and have the attributes that suit the EPL.

Marwood

I'm not here to appease sheep. The **** of manager has now become the **** of of team selection. :lol:

I pointed out that Amrabat didn't have a very good game and you're now talking about the team selection for The FA Cup final. I don't really care about that.
Surely its better to have a midfielder who might misplace some passes but actually wants to be on the ball.

As opposed to a midfielder whose weakness is their unwillingness to receive and pass.

Castia

Shown glimpses last night but ultimately just not good enough for the long term. It’s amazing how 1 performance can completely flip 10 months of shite on its head

Send the bugger back

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Yeah, I don't know. Seems pretty mediocre to me all things said and done.

Obviously not a Sunday League player (see above), but let's say replaceable in the extreme.

Winrar

Think he should've been given more games than he got, but his disasterclass against City pretty much sealed the deal.

Maybe we'll regret not buying him, like Sabitzer, but I wouldn't lose sleep if we don't.

Bobski

He played well apart from all the shit things he did. Normally I would admit to how facetious that comment is, but it is actually true and very Fred-like for him. Some really amateurish looking moments which he immediately shook off and kept working hard, being aggressive and making a decent impact on the game.

Very handsy though, loves a shove in the back, know there was a game earlier in the season where he blatantly shoved someone from behind in the box and got away with it, and then again last night.

NZT-One

Where did I say that I wanted Casemiro to start? I commented on Amrabat's performance last night. That's all.

I wouldn't start either. Mainoo and McTominay.
I'm shocked :D I agreed with more or less every post from you I've seen so this is a shocker.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I feel I'm more lenient than most on here - but I'll be disappointed if we sign him after the season he's had. I'm sure there's a player in there, but I don't think its at the level we hope to be at.

Jaae

Not ITK
He’s the kind of erratic player that could drop an absolute calamity at any moment. Absolutely no way should we be signing this average midfielder permanently.

El Jefe

Not saying it’s the same thing but I remember when Mata had a shite season and put in a couple of decent performances in fairly meaningless games and people were saying he should be kept for the following season.

Watching Amrabat it’s clear he’s not really suited to the PL. he might have the odd good game but he’s behind the pace of the game most times and his defensive nous is limited to fouling anyone near him. He’s a calm player in possession and will keep the ball moving but you can find similar midfielders in every team except the bottom five probably.

We can do much better.

AndyMUFC

It just all depends who leaves for me. We can do better but as we failed to do with Fred, you've got to replace everyone you get rid of.

If him and Casemiro both leave, we need two defensive midfielders but knowing us we'll sign one and if that player then gets injured/suspended etc we're back to square one again.

dutchred

Personally I would get rid and give some time to one of the youth team or Daniel Gore instead.
We definitely need to get and experienced (but not over the top as Casemiro) DM to play alongside Mainoo

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Not saying it’s the same thing but I remember when Mata had a shite season and put in a couple of decent performances in fairly meaningless games and people were saying he should be kept for the following season.

Watching Amrabat it’s clear he’s not really suited to the PL. he might have the odd good game but he’s behind the pace of the game most times and his defensive nous is limited to fouling anyone near him. He’s a calm player in possession and will keep the ball moving but you can find similar midfielders in every team except the bottom five probably.

We can do much better.
In fairness, he's never really had a chance to actually get up to speed with the pace of the PL.

Agreed we can do better though... hopefully.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
The clanger for the Newcastle goal that he stuck his leg out and missed, any decent defensive midfielder would have judged the ball better, took it in his chest and passed forwards. He’s looked ok but that’s mostly down to the manager getting his head out of his arse and putting a warm body in front of the makeshift defensive unit.

Ekeke

It just all depends who leaves for me. We can do better but as we failed to do with Fred, you've got to replace everyone you get rid of.

If him and Casemiro both leave, we need two defensive midfielders but knowing us we'll sign one and if that player then gets injured/suspended etc we're back to square one again.
You cant fail to replace Amrabat, unless we sign someone in their late 20s from the bottom half of the championship or something

AdNani

It's comments like this where you just can't take some posters seriously. Played great in the World Cup and Serie A but he's a sunday league player. Delusional.
would love to see these people calling an international footballer a sunday league player actually play 10 minutes against him let alone 90 minutes

FerociousCorgis

would love to see these people calling an international footballer a sunday league player actually play 10 minutes against him let alone 90 minutes
yeah people are always a bit over the top here. Regardless though, it is hilarious to see people saying we should actually bring him back .

Ekeke

He's obviously not a sunday league player. You can just rubbish any poster who says that about any of our players, they are trolls and not worth pretending they're worth conversing with

He just isnt a top 4 in the premier league player, similar to the fact he wasnt a top 4 in serie A player and I think we'd agree that the premier league is a step above

AdNani

He's obviously not a sunday league player. You can just rubbish any poster who says that about any of our players, they are trolls and not worth pretending they're worth conversing with

He just isnt a top 4 in the premier league player, similar to the fact he wasnt a top 4 in serie A player and I think we'd agree that the premier league is a step above
He is an ideal squad player for united, extremely professional, a good footballer. He's not good enough to be our starting #6, but still good to habe

Ekeke

He is an ideal squad player for united, extremely professional, a good footballer. He's not good enough to be our starting #6, but still good to habe
If he had been an ideal squad player then he would have proven that this season. Hes an ideal squad player for a lower mid table team or a starter for a team scrapping for survival

NLunited

He has been what we need the last two games, I now feel like we ought to get him. Where has he been all season?

Big Ben Foster

Supports
He's not though, the only thing he's shown all season whenever he's played is that he's extremely out of his depth at this level

Ekeke

He has been what we need the last two games, I now feel like we ought to get him. Where has he been all season?
He's been average at best. Average for a midfielder in the premier league would be a starter at a mid table club, and the starters at the mid table clubs are better than him. So I'm being kind to call the performances average.

What I have no doubt is that if Casemiro put in his last 2 performances everyone would be at his throat like they were earlier in the season when he put in far better performances but like Amrabat made some careless mistakes to give opponents chances ruining the performances

NZT-One

The two games where we won lost one deservedly and the other where the other team lost despite creating enough good chances to score 4-6 goals? We should have given him more chances, I don't really understand why ETH didn't give him a shot in more games but the chances he had, he was above average at best. People have to stop talking about us spending money on squad players right now. Our first team needs serious work, the time to buy squad players isn't now.

kaku06

Vulgarian

Agreed. Should have listened to you.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
He's not good enough, he's lacking in mobility in my opinion and his passing is equally lacking. Even last night, in what was a better performance for him, he found himself on the wrong side of his man often and was having to make silly fouls etc. He's the type of player that city will be hoping plays in the final as their players will tie him in knots if they're on their game. Quick passing around him and the ability to go past him, the bigger pitch at Wembley, he'll struggle if he plays.

You can go through the league and there's many midfielders more equipped than him.

statpadder

People forget how much time foreign players take to adjust to the premier league. We would have sold Vidic and Evra going by todays expectations.

Funnily, It seems like the biggest problem Amrabat has is that he’s slow in everything - turn, reactions, passing, decision making etc. He has struggled to adapt to the pace of the league and now that we see visible signs that he is finally doing that, people want him gone.

Big Ben Foster

Supports
People forget how much time foreign players take to adjust to the premier league. We would have sold Vidic and Evra going by todays expectations.

Funnily, It seems like the biggest problem Amrabat has is that he’s slow in everything - turn, reactions, passing, decision making etc. He has struggled to adapt to the pace of the league and now that we see visible signs that he is finally doing that, people want him gone.
He's not though. He still hasn't shown himself to be anywhere near the standard required, even for a squad player.