Sofyan Amrabat | 2023/24 Performances

Ekeke

People forget how much time foreign players take to adjust to the premier league. We would have sold Vidic and Evra going by todays expectations.

Funnily, It seems like the biggest problem Amrabat has is that he’s slow in everything - turn, reactions, passing, decision making etc. He has struggled to adapt to the pace of the league and now that we see visible signs that he is finally doing that, people want him gone.
His biggest problem has been glaring in recent games. He doesn't have the composure and concentration levels not to give the ball away in bad areas with a poor touch or pass when under pressure. Exactly the same issue Fred had as a DM but with less positive ones

If he hadn't had lots of problems with this in the past few games he would have been fine regardless of being slow, or not being as creative as Casemiro etc.

He's 27 and well travelled between different leagues, he's not a young player. Of course hes expected to deliver not getting a grace period.

Abraxas

He's not good enough. In the PL his athleticism is too poor, he can't carry the ball, defensively he's not good enough - all he is is someone that can spray a ball around but that's not enough if it comes with too many weaknesses.

I fully admit, I thought he'd be much better than he turned out to be. But that's the good thing about a loan, we haven't lost much. Rather make a mistake on a loan where you only pay some wages and maybe the opportunity to have used someone else compared to spunking money away on a signing that we get saddled with.

Ekeke

To go on from the nonsense that £30 million only gets you a squad player in midfield

The two clubs finishing clearly above us, due to points and placement Spurs and Aston Villa

Spurs :

Bissouma played the most this season he cost just over £25 million. For their most played starting midfielder
Sarr played the next amount of minutes. He was bought for just over £14.5 million. Not even half £30 million
Hojbjerg was the 3rd most minutes. He was bought for £14.27 million
Bentancur played 4th most minutes. He was bought for £16.33 million

Aston Villa :

McGinn played the most this season he cost £2.66 million.
Douglas Luiz played 2nd most minutes he cost £14.44 million
Kamara played 3rd most minutes, he was a free transfer
Tielemens played 4th most minutes, was a free transfer
Jacob Ramsey played 5th most minutes, he was a youth product

Aston Villa's entire midfield pool was close to half that £30 million that apparently you need just for a backup midfielder. Spurs cost a bit over £70 million. Just £10 million more than 2 Amrabats.

Also Aston Villa's free transfers could have been our free transfers

WouterWeghorst

Supports
Bald Managers
He was absolutely shocking today. This type of stuff got Casemiro destroyed before. Shouldn’t play the final and should go back to Italy.

Bobski

Tries but is always on the verge of something amateurish, the pace of the game is often too much for him, looks alright when he has space to play in but against tight presses with little space a disaster waiting to happen.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Have all the knee jerkers who were calling for us to sign him last week changed their minds?

Yagami

Good post resistant
Wanted to see him build on his previous two performances in preparation for the final, but he may have actually played himself out of contention! No complaints if he's dropped even though I'm no fan of the alternatives.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I think Brighton did their homework on him. Wants too much time with the ball, and has neither the composure or close control ability to be able to withstand a concerted pressing effort on him. Limited player. No point getting another one of those in the squad.

Bobski

Wanted to see him build on his previous two performances in preparation for the final, but he may have actually played himself out of contention! No complaints if he's dropped even though I'm no fan of the alternatives.
Will probably go with Licha/Varane and Cas/Mainoo/Bruno, Garnacho/Hojlund, right wing is up for debate, possibly Rashford might get in, Maybe Diallo, perhaps he throws McT in as an addtional midfielder.

Redstain

Rubbish and to think pre season he was supposedly the hope to get the midfield to function.

Nothing short of a disaster, thankfully it's not a permanent to add to the list of dreadful Eth signings.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Press resistant:)
10 points. :lol:

Amrabat should never ever be the first pass out of defence. Never.

He's a hazard in possession. As much a pressing trigger as Wan-Bissaka.

Matt Varnish

Hello Sailor.
I said he was Sunday league level because he's so bad it's the best way I can describe him. Zero skills as a footballer and probably the worst player I've seen in a utd shirt and I've been watching them since early sixties. So you can f--k off with your delusional!
I said as much when we signed him, he's struggled to get into a poor team that has lacked a left back and DM, and been sidelined by a RB playing out of position and a kid from the academy.
He got turned over more times today than a rookie American quarterback!

Geistman

Thankfully this was only a loan deal, even though it was a fairly expensive one. If ETH really thought him and Antony are of a premier league level, I really am baffled. If it wasn't for FFP last summer, this guy could have been with us permanently. Absolutely no awareness. It only took a bit of extra effort from Brighton and boom, Amrabat robbed of possession.

simplyared

If he had been an ideal squad player then he would have proven that this season. Hes an ideal squad player for a lower mid table team or a starter for a team scrapping for survival
How can you say he'd suit a team scrapping for survival. He's a disaster waiting to happen ffs. Not the type of player you'd be leaning on in such a situation. Tell me what quality have you seen in the player that makes you believe that?
You had an issue with me for saying he's Sunday league level. Don't take me literally bro. Just my way of saying he's way way out of his depth playing in the prem. Going on his performances since he joined us, and I've had many years watching utd, he's probably the worst player I've seen to wear the shirt.

Sylar

Selling fred for 12 and bringing him in for 8 for a year was... Interesting.

Wouldnt be surprised if he played himself out of starting the final

Malone_Post

Selling fred for 12 and bringing him in for 8 for a year was... Interesting.

Wouldnt be surprised if he played himself out of starting the final
Selling Fred for £12 million and brining in Amrabat & Mount for a combined £62 million. We’re not a serious club.

No1_Dave

This guy is simply too slow for the Premier League, which is known worldwide as one of the if not THE fastest and most physical in the world.

Everything about him is slow, especially when in possession with the ball, taken a long time to control the ball, then takes long time to pass, and any sort of press/pressure he loses the ball, simply not enough speed or technique to play for top teams in the PL.

simplyared

It's comments like this where you just can't take some posters seriously. Played great in the World Cup and Serie A but he's a sunday league player. Delusional.
So who should we take seriously bro? You maybe? After that horrific performance today? Oh sorry I forgot he played great in the World Cup. :lol:

Ekeke

How can you say he'd suit a team scrapping for survival. He's a disaster waiting to happen ffs. Not the type of player you'd be leaning on in such a situation. Tell me what quality have you seen in the player that makes you believe that?
You had an issue with me for saying he's Sunday league level. Don't take me literally bro. Just my way of saying he's way way out of his depth playing in the prem. Going on his performances since he joined us, and I've had many years watching utd, he's probably the worst player I've seen to wear the shirt.
I think his passing and ball winning is fine for a bottom third of the league team. There are better ones and worse ones

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
So who should we take seriously bro? You maybe? After that horrific performance today? Oh sorry I forgot he played great in the World Cup. :lol:
He's a crap player at this level and shouldn't be anywhere near the squad, but I don't think it's wrong to point out that "Sunday league" is just a bit of an exaggeration

simplyared

He's obviously not a sunday league player. You can just rubbish any poster who says that about any of our players, they are trolls and not worth pretending they're worth conversing with

He just isnt a top 4 in the premier league player,
similar to the fact he wasnt a top 4 in serie A player and I think we'd agree that the premier league is a step above
So you call me out for referring to the player as Sunday league level. You can rubbish me all you want, call me a troll etc etc. But the fact is that performance earlier today was horrific and you say he isn't top 4 in the prem. Where the feck would you have him ? Mid table? :lol:

PvsNP

One of the worst players I’ve ever seen play for us. Just awful.
Honestly, no wonder that no other club with serious recruitment were actually after him. Social media convinced Murtough and co. at the end of the day.

Matt Varnish

Hello Sailor.
It's comments like this where you just can't take some posters seriously. Played great in the World Cup and Serie A but he's a sunday league player. Delusional.
His International rating is no better than his club rating, 5.6 Thats not good enough for Everton, never mind us

mu4c_20le

Honestly, no wonder that no other club with serious recruitment were actually after him. Social media convinced Murtough and co. at the end of the day.
It's also because he played for Ten Hag before. Classic ETH signing.

“I am a passionate player; I want to bring that energy to the squad, and I will put everything into every action I take for the team.
“I know exactly how Erik ten Hag likes to work and what he needs from his players. His coaching and guidance developed me so much as a player earlier in my career.
“I know that he will help to bring out the best of my abilities so that I can help the group to be successful this season.”

Ekeke

So you call me out for referring to the player as Sunday league level. You can rubbish me all you want, call me a troll etc etc. But the fact is that performance earlier today was horrific and you say he isn't top 4 in the prem. Where the feck would you have him ? Mid table? :lol:
Yes you're a troll next