Sofyan Amrabat | signs for United on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its all gone Shane Long

A signing tomorrow would certainly help dampen the MG noise but to completely silence it would be “Glazers have sold united Here we Go!” in all seriousness we need Amrabat and another Forward

Giggsy13

I’m not saying City have made Kovacic better but they do a lot better at identifying the correct targets and integrating them into their style of play without much hassle.
I honestly have no idea if Amrabat suits how we play but I do have doubts of how well we’ll integrate him into the team as our track record is pretty poor to say the least.
Pep and their recruitment team also have a 6 year head start on ten Hag and Murtough

Grande

Pep and their recruitment team also have a 6 year head start on ten Hag and Murtough
I guess Beguiristain has about eight years head start on Murtaugh as well? And of course the advantage of being brought in in a package with the already well established best manager/coach in the world post Alex Ferguson.

Still, I remember a long list of City buys post Beguiristain that didn’t a) function or that b) didn’t function until after a season or two. We’re yet too early to say which recent buys will fall in the a or b category among our lot.

croadyman

That’s the whole point I’m making. We can’t attract the best in class. Who are Haaland and Gvardiol choosing right now, us or City?
City because in many of these top players eyes we haven't been attractive for a decade

MDFC Manager

City because in many of these top players eyes we haven't been attractive for a decade
We, or rather Woodward tried to bend around that obstacle by offering obscene wages to players. Hasn't worked unfortunately, so back to basics for now..shop in the tier just below. That isn't working well either because Murtough and co don't seem that clued in either.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Really hoping this isn't the midfield signing, and a Casemiro like target will come out of nowhere. We've enough squad players.
He looks like a squad player to me. Ideally we’d be going in for a big talent but I’d rather him than nobody else as I can’t see any other credible links.

amolbhatia50k

Who would you like to see us sign realistically
To be honest I know feck all about the market. Seems that Tonali lad has started well at Newcastle not sure how good he is but someone of that mould - energetic, can dictate play and has solid ability in tight spaces.

croadyman

We need both types of players. We're up shit creek if Casemiro gets injured or suspended.
Thuram/Gravenberch are both able to carry the ball so should be looking to pair with an Amrabat/Verratti who are strong passers

GoldanoGraham

It’s a bit like Gaitlan - news circulating again now that we’ve agreed a fee with Fiorentina…..would imagine there will be lots of links today/tomorrow to deflect against the Mason fallout

NLunited

I don’t mean it in a disrespectful manner but we need to forget about anything creative with formation changes because it’s simply not going to happen.

ETH is dutch through and through and is not going to do anything other than the classic 433 with the merge of a 4231. This is what the Dutch live and die by. Any ideas of having 2 strikers need to be dismissed unless we sack the manager.

It’s always going to be 1 striker and 2 wingers.
Utrecht, 4 4 2 diamond

Hughie77

Needs to come in, if he's going to Not put Mctom on. So looks like that signing is needed otherwise going to be light in CM with Fred gone and DVB not good enough. Unless Kobi Mainoo is the option after he comes back from Injury.

Jimmy Greenhoff's Chest

Needs to come in, if he's going to Not put Mctom on. So looks like that signing is needed otherwise going to be light in CM with Fred gone and DVB not good enough. Unless Kobi Mainoo is the option after he comes back from Injury.
Agreed. Mainoo could possibly be an option, but it's far too risky to assume someone with 10 minutes Premier League football to his name can come in and play at a high level when needed. We need someone else as an option and if McTom is (rightly) not trusted, Amrabat seems the ideal option.

philippexyz

We are waiting for this signing for more than a month now and it's still not being done.

With current midfield, we're in for a pretty disappointing season, similar to Liverpool's last, but a bit worse.

amolbhatia50k

Feels like another one we’ll lose due to relying on sales. No player is going to endlessly wait.

kaku06

I’m surprised he has already waited that long for us. Rejecting other clubs thinking we would sign him eventually however late into the window that is. Poor guy deserve better than this. He doesn’t even know we are fully capable of botching this up.

jeepers

We’re still a fecking joke of a club. Thought we might have turned the corner with our manager’s signings settled early but we’re still naive, foolish and severely incompetent.

Last edited:

Mainoldo

We’re still a fecking joke of a club. Thought we might have turned the corner with our manager’s signings settled early but we’re still naive, foolish and severely incompetent.
Me too. They seem to get me every year. I always think there is a solid plan then we get to here and I realise it was built on sand.

Matt851

Me too. They seem to get me every year. I always think there is a solid plan then we get to here and I realise it was built on sand.
Yep we should have sold mct to enable this move but instead we are stuck. The most infuriating thing is the £140m we have spent on Antony and Mount in thr last year to seemingly not improve the team

jeepers

Yep we should have sold mct to enable this move but instead we are stuck. The most infuriating thing is the £140m we have spent on Antony and Mount in thr last year to seemingly not improve the team
I reckon McT and Maguire didn’t go through because of the Glazers. They value McT too high, and did not want to pay off Maguire to go to West Ham.

As infuriating as the Antony and Mount signings are, they are EtH’s first choices and the management did their part to back the manager. However, if we had a proper director of football, we might have bought another average inverted winger (there are so many out there) and a proper no. 8 instead. I’ll give Mount more time to settle in with EtH‘s tactics and demands. Perhaps Antony starts the season slow? I have no idea, didn’t follow him before he joined us. We were better with him last season than without though.

dinostar77

ESPN saying the only potential signings are another midifielder if they can off load Donny somewhere, with amrabat one of the choices.

Plus a new 2nd keeper if henderson is sold to forest or palace.

Mainoldo

ESPN saying the only potential signings are another midifielder if they can off load Donny somewhere, with amrabat one of the choices.

Plus a new 2nd keeper if henderson is sold to forest or palace.
Good thing they rarely get Anything right.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
The club has just spent £200m this transfer window and the manager has bought £400m worth of players in just over a year at the club.

Maybe stop being spoiled and call out the manager and the coaching staff for not improving the players they already have. It's been shown in the last 10 years that signing their way out of problems is not the answer.

redIndianDevil

The club has just spent £200m this transfer window and the manager has bought £400m worth of players in just over a year at the club.

Maybe stop being spoiled and call out the manager and the coaching staff for not improving the players they already have. It's been shown in the last 10 years that signing their way out of problems is not the answer.
Or you could have the manager do the easy thing if signing players that suit the style they want. EtH had such a hard-on for Frenkie De Jong. If you can't get FdJ sign someone similar even if not as good.

Infra-red

With Mount injured, Fred sold and Sabitzer gone, it seems United are already down to the bare bones in midfield. If the club fail to sign a central midfielder in the remainder of the window, it would be an act of self-sabotage.

Real Name

So you're of a opinion no player has been improved since ETH came?

NLunited

With Mount injured, Fred sold and Sabitzer gone, it seems United are already down to the bare bones in midfield. If the club fail to sign a central midfielder in the remainder of the window, it would be an act of self-sabotage.
Considering how many midfielders have been signed by the competition. I tend to agree with you.

Ten Hag says all positions are filled. Apparently we are going for 6th place then.

nazanto

Or you could have the manager do the easy thing if signing players that suit the style they want. EtH had such a hard-on for Frenkie De Jong. If you can't get FdJ sign someone similar even if not as good.
Just because the manager was hard on on some players, it doesn't mean club has accomodate every single thing. I know this talking point has been used soo many times, but what's the point of having all the scouting and data scientist to monitor players if we just end up go and get the player's that manager wants. The manager was also hard on Antony. Club went and spent 90m to get him from Ajax and on top of that they get rinsed by paying him 200k per week. Well well he's turned out to be fecking turd.

Status
Not open for further replies.