Spurs 2018/19

cjj

Supports
Spurs
Bloody hell. I know you have to defend a point you're making but....:lol::lol::lol:. you can't be serious.
I can't be serious that Llorente is neither "players Ive never heard of and a bunch of B squad or players returning from injury".

Llorente has scored 6 goals in 8 appearances for spurs in the FA Cup, so it's ridiculous to suggest he's some sort of awful player just because he doesn't play ahead of Kane. Unless you're suggesting you've never heard of him, which is quite frankly even more absurd.

And yes, Gazzaniga has been excellent this season. As a spurs fan, it pains me anytime we concede a penalty with Lloris in the sticks, as there's you know there more chance of yourself saving it sat at home than him doing so. It's basically just a case of hitting the target. Gazzaniga pretty much single-handedly got spurs to the Semi-Final of the LC in a few games. As good as Hugo Lloris has been, he even showed in the WC Final just where he's at now - he's erratic and error prone, and gets by making one decent save every few games.

JoseandMkhiarespecial

Supports
Rangers FC & the red devils
That's Spurs season over now that Man City won today

Know your place Spurs :lol:

I know one will quote this saying it's not over but we all know it is to real fans of football, they're the only club who aim for top 4 only except Arsenal and Everton

JoseandMkhiarespecial

Supports
Poch is like Wenger the only difference is Harry Kane instead of Olivier Giroud and no successful era only the bad era with no trophies, history or legacy :lol:

JoseandMkhiarespecial

Supports
Spurs fans will need to crack out the Gareth Bale DVD's because their season is over meanwhile Real Clubs like United and Chelsea aim to win the FA cup and the League every season instead of just aiming for top 4 only like Spurs which is easy and will be for Utd every season now

James C

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Spurs fans will need to crack out the Gareth Bale DVD's because their season is over meanwhile Real Clubs like United and Chelsea aim to win the FA cup and the League every season instead of just aiming for top 4 only like Spurs which is easy and will be for Utd every season now
'Real clubs like Chelsea' joker.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Troll?

If it's so easy to finish top 4 then how come some of the teams you mention have failed to do it a number of seasons lately? I've heard the argument before that now it will be easy to finish top 4 every season (with Mourinho), but don't be surprised if you find yourself in a top 4 race next season as well. Oh, and Spurs is also aiming to win cups and the title, it's extremely condescending to assume that only clubs with the wealth of United/City/Chelsea is aiming to win.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
That'll be the same Llorente with a World Cup, European Cup, Europa League and several italian titles, who is our only other striker. Would Poch be taking it more seriously if he threw an injured Kane on the pitch? God knows what you're going on about with Dier - he's had his appendix out, it's not "injured for a month' :rolleyes:

Gazzaniga is arguably a better keeper than Lloris at this stage, with Foyth and Skipp being young players who play in the league. Having depth isn't "rotating", and playing 4 matches in 10 days means that you use that depth.

Some serious clutching going on there.
Did Glaston make a new account?

Irwin99

Troll?

If it's so easy to finish top 4 then how come some of the teams you mention have failed to do it a number of seasons lately? I've heard the argument before that now it will be easy to finish top 4 every season (with Mourinho), but don't be surprised if you find yourself in a top 4 race next season as well. Oh, and Spurs is also aiming to win cups and the title, it's extremely condescending to assume that only clubs with the wealth of United/City/Chelsea is aiming to win.
Really hope Spurs win it over City and Pool but your fixtures look as bad as ours in the next 5/6 weeks. Any chance you get your best players back before the Chelsea game?

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
I watched the game the other day vs Crystal Palace. N'kodu, Llorente, second string players. Midfield had Skip? And Dier who has been out injured for a month or more. Walker Peters 3rd string fullback, Foyth and Gazzaniga instead of Lloris and Alderweireld.

No Eriksen for some bizarre reason, with Alli out he is a must play.

Looks like a B team to me.

This season in the FA cup came at a very bad time for us injury-wise, and we did rotate like you said, but a lot were forced changes, and I don't think this game is representative of Poch and how he approach the cup overall. Rose and Davies were injured, in came Walker-Peters like he had to earlier in the season as well, with injuries to Kane, Alli, Moura, and missing Son in came Llorente and N'kudou who definitely are second string players. Yes, there was rotation with Winks, Eriksen, Lloris and in central defense because some players needed a rest, but bar 3-4 players this was the absolute strongest squad we could field. This is no different from what every other manager in the top 6 did as well, it worked for some, but for Klopp and Poch it didn't work this season. Last year it didn't work for Pep and I'm sure there are many other examples. Ideally we would have a larger squad with more quality, and ideally we would not have a league cup semi just before mixed with all other games and the number of injuries we had.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Really hope Spurs win it over City and Pool but your fixtures look as bad as ours in the next 5/6 weeks. Any chance you get your best players back before the Chelsea game?
Cheers :)

I think the Chelsea game will come just too soon for Kane and Alli, but otherwise we should be full strength. I personally don't think we have a realistic shot at the title, but if we somehow find a way to win against Chelsea and Arsenal we can do it if we avoid defeat (or win) away at Anfield and the Etihad. Either this or they need to go on a mini-breakdown while we get Kane and Alli back and win all the games we should win. Right now though we look the third best team, and I would be surprised if we can catch two teams that play better than us, but things can change.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Poch is like Wenger the only difference is Harry Kane instead of Olivier Giroud and no successful era only the bad era with no trophies, history or legacy :lol:
Thread banned for a week for continuous wumming and that too pretty bad ones.

AJ10

I can't be serious that Llorente is neither "players Ive never heard of and a bunch of B squad or players returning from injury".

Llorente has scored 6 goals in 8 appearances for spurs in the FA Cup, so it's ridiculous to suggest he's some sort of awful player just because he doesn't play ahead of Kane. Unless you're suggesting you've never heard of him, which is quite frankly even more absurd.

And yes, Gazzaniga has been excellent this season. As a spurs fan, it pains me anytime we concede a penalty with Lloris in the sticks, as there's you know there more chance of yourself saving it sat at home than him doing so. It's basically just a case of hitting the target. Gazzaniga pretty much single-handedly got spurs to the Semi-Final of the LC in a few games. As good as Hugo Lloris has been, he even showed in the WC Final just where he's at now - he's erratic and error prone, and gets by making one decent save every few games.
I don't care about what you're arguing about with someone else. I was laughing at "Llorente with a World Cup, European Cup, Europa League and several italian titles" and that keeper being better than Lloris.

We all like to overrate our players but that keeper isn't better than lloris at any stage, from what i have seen and refereeing to Llorente as world cup winner etc.. is the same as Darren Gibson is a premier league winner. You might have a different opinion on that but IMO if they haven't done much to win their team cups or leagues then they shouldn't be elevated to a higher level as you have done with Llorente.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
I don't care about what you're arguing about with someone else. I was laughing at "Llorente with a World Cup, European Cup, Europa League and several italian titles" and that keeper being better than Lloris.

We all like to overrate our players but that keeper isn't better than lloris at any stage, from what i have seen and refereeing to Llorente as world cup winner etc.. is the same as Darren Gibson is a premier league winner. You might have a different opinion on that but IMO if they haven't done much to win their team cups or leagues then they shouldn't be elevated to a higher level as you have done with Llorente.
I said Spurs rolled out a B squad and he disagreed because Llorente is pretty much Messi when playing for Spurs. Dier wasnt injured and didnt lose sharpness because, I don't know? Reasons? And Gazzaniga is pretty much the best keeper in the league, in fact 100mil dollar offers will be rolling in for him in the next xfer window. I guess he just chose to ignore the fact Eriksen didnt play because it didnt fit well into his argument.

At least Hellohello gave a bit more of an insight into the reasons why Poch rolled out such a B(dunce) team for the Palace game. I just assumed it was the usual Spurs dont give 2 fecks about cups.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
That's Spurs season over now that Man City won today

Know your place Spurs :lol:

I know one will quote this saying it's not over but we all know it is to real fans of football, they're the only club who aim for top 4 only except Arsenal and Everton

Too true.

We were all shocked and surprised when Arsenal (who haven't won a big away game since around the death of Alexander the Great) didn't win at the Etihad.

Not sure how we will survive this crushing blow to our season. Nobody saw it coming.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Could you at least save these kinds of posts for when we are not 9 points and 2 league places adrift of them?

Thanks.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Just 5 points off the top, do we dare to believe these lot can grow a spine and push Pool and City? :rolleyes:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Just 5 points off the top, do we dare to believe these lot can grow a spine and push Pool and City? :rolleyes:
Difficult to say, all three of them are looking a little inconsistent at the moment.

Makes for an interesting run-in though.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Difficult to say, all three of them are looking a little inconsistent at the moment.

Makes for an interesting run-in though.
It's very exciting. The next couple of games are massive. If you lot take points off Liverpool and we get another few wins then we are potentially right in the title race. Big if though.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I will never trust Spurs to win in these situations. But it would be glorious. Anything to stop the scum winning the league, and if it comes at the expense of Abu Dhabi FC then even better.

Spurs fans, I give you a lot of stick but I actually respect you lot (except Glaston). You aren't delusional like Pool/Arsenal and aren't a dirty club like City/Chelsea.

Raw

Christ, 5 points? That's pretty incredible. I hope they do the opposite of a Spurs and actually win the damn thing from right under their noses.

Kush

It's very exciting. The next couple of games are massive. If you lot take points off Liverpool and we get another few wins then we are potentially right in the title race. Big if though.
Yes, next two are must win but then I just looked at your fixture list. You still have to play City, Chelsea, and Liverpool away.

I will never trust Spurs to win in these situations. But it would be glorious. Anything to stop the scum winning the league, and if it comes at the expense of Abu Dhabi FC then even better.

Spurs fans, I give you a lot of stick but I actually respect you lot (except Glaston). You aren't delusional like Pool/Arsenal and aren't a dirty club like City/Chelsea.
Word, it would be best scenario for us but their fixture list isn't great.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
If Glaston was here he would point out the fact that they have finished ahead of Liverpool for 6 seasons. :D

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
They aren’t winning the league. You all know it, I know it, heck even Glaston knows it.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
In a one horse race they finished 3rd. In a three horse race you want to see them finishing 5th? That's a very long-winded way of hoping you finish top four above them. :nono:

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Spurs could win at Anfield and Liverpool could lose at OT.
The fixtures are bit kind to spurs as well. With City very inconsistent,I think there could be a twist before end of the season.

Kush

They aren’t winning the league. You all know it, I know it, heck even Glaston knows it.
Yes there's not a realistic chance of it but my original question was can they make it close and push the Top 2, if they were to come close they have their own demons to fight but that would heighten the pressure on City and Pool.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Utterly disgraceful decision, getting progressively worse every week with how close the gap is.

You don't get more stonewall than that.
Who are you actually angry at? It’s not our fault the referees are garbage in England.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
The league is definitely beyond us tbh (especially with trips to the etihad and anfield) let's be fair. We're very clearly the distant third favourite.

I'd happily settle for us doing the scouse at Anfield and taking the title from them though. If third is secure we can lie back for City, no worries.