Spurs 2018/19

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Spurs' next game in any comp is away to Liverpool after the International break, a lot of time to stew over today's game and the next one isn't going to be any easier

Alabaster Codify7

I don't think Madrid would touch him. They want a winner, Jose may be washed up but he's got a winner's reputation, Pochettino hasn't won a thing with Spurs.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
How often do you get to see such a clear cut contrast between two teams? Valerie and James scoring against them and they finish the game with a 2-1 loss. United finish it 3-2 win. Please don’t take our ole away

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Reminds me of the season when Redknapp got linked to the England job - Spurs ended up outside the Champions League places and he got sacked.

mu4c_20le

I don't think Madrid would touch him. They want a winner, Jose may be washed up but he's got a winner's reputation, Pochettino hasn't won a thing with Spurs.
Yeah i never felt he'd be a good fit either. He works well with a budget, but they need someone who can manage egos and have enough bottle to take them all the way in a title race.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Nah, it's nothing to do the United to Poch rumours.

Tiredness setting in is definitely a factor, too many players basically play every game and at a very high intensity, and some of them look dead on their feet. I was crying out for investment in the summer and we haven't got us, and it's a genuine lack of quality in certain areas which consistently lets us down. Rose today being the complete feckwit that he is by leaving it and allowing Valery an easy tap in, our youth right back giving away the free kick which led to the second goal.
Fair play. It makes sense seeing as you looked so good earlier in the season...but you can’t fight for the title and Europe without having a squad full of quality.

Idxomer

They were grinding out results for weeks.

It was very predictable that would stop and they start dropping points. The only surprising result is how easy they passed Dortmund in the CL though the German side is having a capitulation of their own.

Water Melon

Poch is done at Spurs if Levy does not back him properly this summer. I like Mauricio and believe that he has been brilliant for them, however, he can't continue to compete with other top clubs without any financial support. If it was not for Glaston, I'd feel for them.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
I find it hard to blame the goals on Poch. Their entire back four consecutively failed to clear the ball, all stood in one sad straight line. And the JWP goal was a peach. We beat Southampton because we were on a good run and high on confidence. Spurs are on the opposite end of the spectrum right now.

His players are knackered and are letting him down and it's a frustrating situation because you have no one to blame but the board for not sanctioning more players.

Does not excuse his recent comments, but helps you understand them.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I find it hard to blame the goals on Poch. Their entire back four consecutively failed to clear the ball, all stood in one sad straight line. And the JWP goal was a peach. We beat Southampton because we were on a good run and high on confidence. Spurs are on the opposite end of the spectrum right now.

His players are knackered and are letting him down and it's a frustrating situation because you have no one to blame but the board for not sanctioning more players.

Does not excuse his recent comments, but helps you understand them.
Rose didn't just stand in a straight line he actually dummied the ball without even checking.

I'm banging on about this a lot but I honestly feel it's one of the dumbest things a professional footballer has ever done. He doesn't even have a slight look around.

VanGaalEra

Dropping into the Europa League just as they move into the new stadium for the first full season, whilst having to pay off the stadium debt would cripple them nicely.

St Red

KRAP
What a difference 2 weeks makes.
Title challengers to fighting to stay in the top 4.

Ooh2B

Supports
Arsenal
Spurs have gone in exactly the opposite direction to United this side of Christmas.

I know OGS is in the lead for the United job on a permanent, but if Poch does land at OT in the summer he’ll have the job half done already.

Spurs and United fans will be besties next year.

Paul_Scholes18

Funny that I think Spurs have played better recently than they did during a spell of wins in the league. The big problem for them seem to be the mental side of things. They just couldn't cope with the title race and they are making a lot of errors at the moment. They should really have beaten both Burnley and Southampton based on how they played.

Member 115509

A win tomorrow at Arsenal will go some way toward seeing United as realistic candidiates for third spot. Spurs just seem to have hit a glass ceiling again.
A moot point, we will never know, but had OGS been manager at the start of this season, it makes you wonder where United would be now.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Funny that I think Spurs have played better recently than they did during a spell of wins in the league. The big problem for them seem to be the mental side of things. They just couldn't cope with the title race and they are making a lot of errors at the moment. They should really have beaten both Burnley and Southampton based on how they played.
We were dire against Burnley, played better against Watford and Newcastle.

Southampton in the first half was some of the best stuff we've played in ages, slick football, great movement, Kane in beast mode.

Then in the second half Southampton made some changes, started coming at us with more intensity, and we folded basically.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Spurs have gone in exactly the opposite direction to United this side of Christmas.

I know OGS is in the lead for the United job on a permanent, but if Poch does land at OT in the summer he’ll have the job half done already.

Spurs and United fans will be besties next year.
Between Ole doing brilliantly and Poch doing utter shite during the exact same time the chances of us going for Poch now are remote. Would take that swing in reverse for it to happen now

Pfmpd

Supports
Liverpool
Spurs will have to start winning games, as they are going they're dropping out of top 4. Must win against city for them, and united are going to have to beat City too. Lovely.

Pfmpd

Supports
Liverpool
Funny fact, spurs have lost 33% of their Premier league games, and still sit 3rd.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
What is happening to them?
Some great/world class players with a lot of dross, the same as when Modric, Bale and VDV were there, that midfield is woeful, Dier and Sissoko, mid table stuff really. Bench isnt much better, Winks, average, but with a lot of room to grow admittedly. This is what comes of zero investment after losing someone with the skill of Dembele. When fit and firing he can carry the poor play of Dier, Winks and Sissoko. Although the midfield wasnt overly the problem today, Spurs hit the woodwork, didnt finish chances. Dont know wtf Rose was thinking just letting that ball run, in fact it ran through three defenders and none of them dealt with it. Sanchez at least made a lunge being the closest. And a magic free kick because Walker Peters was caught out of position and struggling to get back, fouled his man.

The bollocks you hear from people about how you cannot improve that Spurs squad because it would cost a fortune. We just need Glaston in here to tell us Spurs have a warchest and the stadium is not going to impact Spurs spending money on players :lol:

tonnas

Spurs will have to start winning games, as they are going they're dropping out of top 4. Must win against city for them, and united are going to have to beat City too. Lovely.
that means a must win vs pool too

Sereques

I hate how often the phrase bottled it is used on here. Any random defeat leads to a team being accused of bottling it.

The thing is I'm not sure how else Spurs last month can be described. Pretty astonishing really.
How else do you want “bottled” to be used? Few weeks ago, there were talks of Spurs winning the title, as it stands, it look like a race for champions league spot if we win tomorrow and Chelsea win their game in hand.

What will you call that sir?

Needham

During their injury crisis Son was asked to run all over the place. His effect dropped off after Kane returned and they started running across each other's lines. Ergo? Should have reintroduced Kane more slowly, off the bench.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
They either use the washed up or the fresh one. Yes Poch hasn’t won a thing but given Real Madrid’s current player and their money, he might be able to finally win something in Real. Poch goes to real, gets lot of money to spend and sign Kane & Eriksen, Spurs turns into mid table team after that.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Couldn't care less about losing to Citeh if it stops Liverpool from winning the PL.

Sure a fair few fans feel the same.
Yep. Top 4 for us and a city title is a great season (considering the circumstances)

ErranMorad

Couldn't care less about losing to Citeh if it stops Liverpool from winning the PL.

Sure a fair few fans feel the same.
I am sure some do. I don't. It would be ideal if City wins the title over Liverpool but I don't want to do it if it means shooting ourselves in the foot. I would like to see us make the champions league before anything else. Wouldn't like us to play on Thursdays against obscure clubs in Eastern Europe, especially it being Ole's first full season in charge. Champions league is also better for recruitment and player motivation. Would want to see Ole manage in the best circumstances.

For me it's us before anyone else.

St Red

KRAP
Yep. Top 4 for us and a city title is a great season
:eek:
I'd never consider rooting for us to lose so Everton could win the title.
And I think most non RAWK minded Liverpool fans would be of the same opinion.

But whatever floats your boat I suppose.

Suedesi

Turns out everyone and their mum saying Spurs were getting loads of jammy wins were right, rather than the Spurs fans that thought they'd been amazing this season and the point total was 'proof' of that.

This has been a thing for a while (doesn't include today's game).