Spurs 2018/19

Tarrou

Do you think the Poch-United stuff caused a problem? Or is it just having a squad overstretched/under-invested in?
I thought it would after he wouldn’t explicitly rule it out. The uncertainty could easily have affected their rhythm. Who know though

Canagel

I've said in the Poch thread that he needs to be questioned for the fact we've managed to throw away such a big lead. It's unacceptable and at the end of the day, he's in charge. We were so, so comfortable and if we do miss out on top four, questions will rightly be aimed at him.

But at the end of the day, he's got a left back who thinks it's a good idea to dummy a ball coming across his own box without even having a look around him. There are fecking limits to what he can do.
I wouldn't pin all the blame on a fullback. . why was the whole defence trying to pass out from the back continuously when they pressed high up the pitch? you didn't play through midfield and you refuse to go long. so what was the plan exactly? 2nd half was a mess tactically from your side.

BarstoolProphet

Spurs did look excellent in the first half with the return of Alli in particular being integral to that. Then Rose had his brainfart and Spurs collapsed. Kane was excellent throughout.

Sylar

And it's nothing to do with him, he was excellent today and just like against Burnley, he scored. It's so weird that the return of our best player has led to the team performing like a bag of shite.

We're a joke of a club right now, absolutely unacceptable to have given up such a big lead and now look genuinely unlikely to get top four. To lose to Burnley then get only 1 point from Chelsea and Arsenal was bad enough, but then to lose after leading here is incompetence. We have all our players available right now, there are zero excuses.
This happens a lot. Son seems to have been affected by this and it's affected his form it seems
Also seems with your best player out the rest work harder

ErranMorad

Another Spursy performance from the "Title Challengers".

But who cares when you have a cheese room, an awesome player's lounge & NFL dollars to look forward to.

Last edited:

reddev3

Am I the only person that doesn't like their new stadium? It reminds me of a shopping centre or a museum/art gallery, it looks like something you would see in the middle of Manchester not a football stadium.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He is defending himself but he's just thrown shade at the club. :lol:

ottosec

By far the least ambitious club in top 6. Levy's main objective is to invest as little as possible.

Hopefully they will end up outside top 4. Let the clubs who actually want to improve play in the CL.

Djemba-Djemba

By far the least ambitious club in top 6. Levy's main objective is to invest as little as possible.

Hopefully they will end up outside top 4. Let the clubs who actually want to improve play in the CL.
To be fair to Spurs.

They're much more likely to contribute something positive in the Champions League than Arsenal would.

Judas

Open to offers
I’m excited to see how he does at Real, because I don’t believe for a second he’d survive the pressure and stress of arguably the most scrutinised job in world football.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
Annoying to think if it wasn’t for those penalties we would be 1 point behind Spurs with a game in hand. Really annoying.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I’m excited to see how he does at Real, because I don’t believe for a second he’d survive the pressure and stress of arguably the most scrutinised job in world football.
It'll be interesting to say the least. The man who says "trophies are for egos" going to a club where the former is the very basic requirement and the latter is in abundance in the dressing room.

Suvvernmanc

What an idiotic thing for him to say.
I'm surprised by the comments! I can only think that he is hinting at the lack of signings in the summer as an influence in the current drop in quality.

The end of the PL season is a time when spurs seem to drop off (Not gonna say bottle it). But the injuries, lack of competition for places and poor depth in the quality of the squad, have inevetibly contributed to the situation.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I'm surprised by the comments! I can only think that he is hinting at the lack of signings in the summer as an influence in the current drop in quality.

The end of the PL season is a time when spurs seem to drop off (Not gonna say bottle it). But the injuries, lack of competition for places and poor depth in the quality of the squad, have inevetibly contributed to the situation.

We've actually generally had a good record in the 2nd half of the season, after struggling to get going.

This season everything is quickly going down the pan though. And those comments don't help, even if it is true who the feck does it aid to basically say we're not good enough? It's obvious Pochettino's ego is hurt from the criticism he's received, but he needs to put the team first rather than throwing them under the bus.

I hate to say it but it is very Mourinhoesque.

Jose Jaime Eskauriatza

Supports
The Ole Train
Lukaku was one of the best scoring players at the last world cup. His goals for Belgium were better than those of sir Kane (:p), particularly the team effort counter attack. How can he not do the same for us given Ole's coaching. He needs to be given time to adapt into the new setup... let's hope he'll contribute to get to our top 3 pl I believe we can achieve this season (yes... we can get there), plus advancing deeply into the CL and winning the FA, alot of top quality depth required... no. 9 covered!
Just a little pat on the back to myself for calling 3rd on the 18th of January... it's more on now than it was back then! We'll be seeing Spues in the dust as they fight it out with their two other London cronies...

I can't wait til I can open my first thread, I have the best thread ever but need permission! Is there any way a moderator can let me open one, or how can I open this glorious thread?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He is defending himself but he's just thrown shade at the club. :lol:
Is that you Jose?

Seriously Poch has lost the plot since he got linked with the United job

Smores

Mourinho in disguise lately
Pretty much, I'm glad he's cracking up as he's talked some pretty ridiculous high and mighty bollocks as well.

The whole load of bollocks from him about him/spurs being brave and choosing to do it a different way rather than bringing in players. Fine talk but you can't then bitch and moan later in the season, just be honest from the start.