Spurs 2018/19

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Has there been a more predictable thing than this season than Spurs scoring late and winning unconvincably at Wembley?

Happens every single week

Rafaeldagold

Have to say they’ve never looked that impressive. Good enough for top 6 team but not top 3.

An incredible amount of luck / opposition howlers like today- Fulham game. I’d say thevd had the most luck this season out of the big teams along with Liverpool

Pfmpd

Supports
Liverpool
Pressure on city now, dropped to 3rd with arsenal Everton and Chelsea coming up for them. Let's see what city are made of. Fair play to spurs and poch.

Poch

Supports
Spurs
Have to say they’ve never looked that impressive. Good enough for top 6 team but not top 3.

An incredible amount of luck / opposition howlers like today- Fulham game. I’d say thevd had the most luck this season out of the big teams along with Liverpool
Are you having a laugh? Look at the injury list we’ve had this season. If this had happened to Lolerpool they would not be top. Spurs have actually been the unluckiest team in the top 6 and we are still there fighting.

Incredible season considering the injuries and the fact we are playing all our home games at that shithole wembley!!

Last edited by a moderator:

SER19

Hoping they grind out a few wins with kane out then he returns to give them boost to finish strongly with city and pool distracted by cl. It won’t happen but how sweet would it be :lol: that unexpected loss to wolves when they were flying looks so Costly now. Could be a point off top

JoseandMkhiarespecial

Supports
Rangers FC & the red devils
Classic Spurs. Boring game and the scrape a win vs the poor teams. It's so funny how Poch doesn't want the FA cup and pretends Spurs will be Real Madrid in 5 years

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Given their lack of squad depth and the fact they have Kane and Alli out injured at the same time, they're overperforming by making it to second. Or to put it in a less positive way, they're very bloody lucky to be in second. If it wasn't for Son in those last two games........

They'll finish third, which is operating on the edge of their limitations.

moodyred

best title race scenario for me is Tottenham winning the league, since it is out of our reach.

Member 114837

Tottenham (and Pochettino) are doing an outstanding job of keeping a severely depleted squad genuinely in the title hunt. They may not sustain this sets of results, but I think it can only get better with them having restdays and Kane and Alli coming back into the team. And who knows, Liverpool and City will not wobble. They already did last week.

So, Spurs are at a genuinely intriguing position right now. Disregard them at your own peril.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
best title race scenario for me is Tottenham winning the league, since it is out of our reach.
They'll shit themselves at first instance of a genuine chance of winning it, loss to Wolves at home tells you everything about their 'title credentials'

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
What Spurs/Poch have done this season is nothing but amazing job. So many injury problems, didn't sign anyone and still just 4 points off Liverpool.

Member 114837

Hoping they grind out a few wins with kane out then he returns to give them boost to finish strongly with city and pool distracted by cl. It won’t happen but how sweet would it be :lol: that unexpected loss to wolves when they were flying looks so Costly now. Could be a point off top
Could have been two points at the top beating you guys as well. Ifs and buts don't work.

Crowny

Supports
Spurs

Yep. It's really easy to play a Benitez side -coming off a huge morale booster against City - sitting back for 90 minutes. They were a brick wall and defended superbly. 3rd game in 6 days - should just roll over these teams.

Presumably when you came 2nd last season, the table never lied. It's a shame the team in 2nd now doesn't even belong in the top 4.

SER19

Could have been two points at the top beating you guys as well. Ifs and buts don't work.
Right. But as I said, at the time they were flying and fully fit, leading at half time and expecting to win at home to wolves. Some dropped points are more costly or regrettable than others.

Eg Liverpool could have won the league if Gerrard hadn’t slipped

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
They'll shit themselves at first instance of a genuine chance of winning it, loss to Wolves at home tells you everything about their 'title credentials'
You using one game to prove anything tells me everything about your ability to identify ''itle credentials'

Member 114837

Right. But as I said, at the time they were flying and fully fit, leading at half time and expecting to win at home to wolves. Some dropped points are more costly or regrettable than others.

Eg Liverpool could have won the league if Gerrard hadn’t slipped
Tell me about it. :confused::houllier:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Tottenham (and Pochettino) are doing an outstanding job of keeping a severely depleted squad genuinely in the title hunt. They may not sustain this sets of results, but I think it can only get better with them having restdays and Kane and Alli coming back into the team. And who knows, Liverpool and City will not wobble. They already did last week.

So, Spurs are at a genuinely intriguing position right now. Disregard them at your own peril.
I am 100% disregarding Spurs. Given the circumstances they're overperforming massively in terms of results and it will eventually catch up with them.

In a parallel universe where Spurs strengthened in the summer and got luckier with injuries to key players, maybe we would have hope. Alas we live in this less happy place. :(

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
The fact that they have a 500 mil disadvantage in terms of investment in players compared to the other title challenging teams yet are still up there should really tell you how well managed they are.

Kush

You using one game to prove anything tells me everything about your ability to identify ''itle credentials'
:lol:

2015/16 season was enough proof of Spurs ability to win trophies, to say I'm basing it off just one game is disingenuous. Spurs have a long history of bottling under pressure, it's nothing new. Wolves game was just another instance of Spurs crumbling when expectations are on them to do the business.

Your title credentials will dissipate at first sign of pressure come a big match, quote me once you get over a hurdle enroute to a trophy win after donkey years.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
:lol:

2015/16 season was enough proof of Spurs ability to win trophies, to say I'm basing it off just one game is disingenuous. Spurs have a long history of bottling under pressure, it's nothing new. Wolves game was just another instance of Spurs crumbling when expectations are on them to do the business.

Your title credentials will dissipate at first sign of pressure come a big match, quote me once you get over a hurdle enroute to a trophy win after donkey years.
Yet that is exactly what you did in that post.

CapitalismSucks

Supports
Spurs
The fact that they have a 500 mil disadvantage in terms of investment in players compared to the other title challenging teams yet are still up there should really tell you how well managed they are.
Would be interesting to see a list of the cost of every squad in the PL.
Anyone know of such a list recently?
Everton must surely have a more expensive squad by now and Wolves and Leicester must be closing in fast as well?

Kush

Yet that is exactly what you did in that post.
No, it's not just one game. There are number of instances over the past 5 years where all looks good and rosy for Spurs until the final hurdle, they fail to get over the line. Wolves game was a genuine chance for you lot to make it a 3 horse title race but as expected Spurs delivered one of the most gutless performances of the season and lost soundly at home. It was history repeating itself so don't get worked up when you're called out for it on an opposition forum.

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
A Spurs side with no Kane or Ali have overtaken us right before we play Arsenal and Chelsea, yet there are still people who think we're in a title race.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

Yeah we’re dead lucky..... you do know most of our best players are injured atm...

Vegan

Supports
Veganism
Quality wise they are about equal, but am I the only one who thinks Arry’s Spurs played a much better, aggressive style of Football? Real gung-ho, end to end stuff at times.

They went further in the CL too if iirc.

Can23

Supports
Liverpool
Against Arsenal, after losing to Newcastle. We're absolutely finished this season.
At home it's an easy 3 points for City. How are you finished ? You've got a full squad to pick from which is easily the best in the league. Whilst we have injuries in defence and Spurs have injuries up front

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
A Spurs side with no Kane or Ali have overtaken us right before we play Arsenal and Chelsea, yet there are still people who think we're in a title race.
Against Arsenal, after losing to Newcastle. We're absolutely finished this season.
Hyperbole. You lot overturned an eight point deficit to win your first title.

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
At home it's an easy 3 points for City. How are you finished ? You've got a full squad to pick from which is easily the best in the league. Whilst we have injuries in defence and Spurs have injuries up front
Yeah was a bit over the top, but I don't think we're getting near that title this season. We had the perfect opportunity to cut the lead to one point, and lost to Newcastle. We aren't reeling them in.

Hyperbole. You lot overturned an eight point deficit to win your first title.
True, but we still had to play United in that run.

Kush

What a load of nonsense :houllier:

You have by far the best squad in the PL, many of your reserve players would be star players for other Top 6 sides and yet you're finished after losing to Newcastle? Wonder what would have to give for City to not be in this position again? Another £500m spend?