Spurs 2018/19

HisEarth

Supports
Tottenham Hotspurs
If Eriksen leaves in the summer, and I don't think he will, I would love to see us bring in Ziyech as a replacement.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Don't see Barca going for Eriksen to be honest. He's not going to improve on what they already have, and I haven't seen speculation about him in the press.
Yeah, I'm only speculating myself.

The only thing we know for sure is that he refuses to sign an extension with Spurs and his existing contract runs out in a years time. You'd have to assume Levy will want to cash in this summer whilst his stock is relatively high.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Your players' agents will now firmly be knocking on the finance directors' door. Erikson, Alli, Son, Moura, Alderweirald, anyone else I missed? Cant use the 'we don't have money so we have this wage structure' excuse any longer.
Do you really believe that’s how it works, seriously? Apart from the fact Son recently signed a new contract until 2023, same as Lucas. Ali signed one till 2024. Eriksen will leave if he wants to same as Alderwield. We are in a position to pay more than we used to but not United levels, and I can live with that. All pits players know they can earn more else where at the elite clubs, it’s no new news.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Yeah, I'm only speculating myself.

The only thing we know for sure is that he refuses to sign an extension with Spurs and his existing contract runs out in a years time. You'd have to assume Levy will want to cash in this summer whilst his stock is relatively high.
Yeah I have to say I agree, if Eriksen doesn’t sign a new contract before the summer I can see him being sold, it’s a different situation to Toby as he’s older and there is at least the guarantee of £25M.

MagicKarpet

Supports
Tottenham
Your players' agents will now firmly be knocking on the finance directors' door. Erikson, Alli, Son, Moura, Alderweirald, anyone else I missed? Cant use the 'we don't have money so we have this wage structure' excuse any longer.
Which is why we have a bonus structure in place, nothing will change in that regard. The players and staff will all receive huge financial incentives the further we go into the comp.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
They have Troy Parrott who is essentially Spurs' equivalent of Mason Greenwood, not in terms of play style(Parrott is a lot like Kane) but he's one they're hoping for big things from. He's only just turned 17 though so it's a bit early, probably need to get in another Llorente-type stop gap in the mean time.
I’d prefer buying another Son/Lucas type rather than a Llorente type. Someone who can play if Kane is healthy rather than just sit around doing nothing or having to change the play style to suit them.

If we can’t do that then I guess just re-sign Llorente or get Dzeko.

Eric7C

Spurs last 9 games in the league:
2W 1D 6L

Their progress in Europe seems to be preventing talk of a crisis. Poch wouldn't get away with it if he were United manager.

Raw

Bournemouth away and Everton at home next, with CL semi finals in between. They could afford to drop points today but they can't piss about with these fixtures, just win one of them and they're sorted.

el3mel

2W 1D 6L

Their progress in Europe seems to be preventing talk of a crisis. Poch wouldn't get away with it if he were United manager.
One draw the entire league surely is a record or something ?

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
Considering the season they have had with stadium issue, injuries, no signings I think they have done remarkably well. Ran out of steam of late but overall if they get top 4, regardless of whether they win CL or not, it will have been a good season (CL win would make it sensational and up there with 60/61 in their history). They will definitely have to sign players this summer and, just as importantly, hold onto their key players ahead of next season.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
2W 1D 6L

wow, that is piss poor for 'apparently' the team miles ahead of everyone bar city and liverpool. (according to their lot that is)

Eric7C

Weird record. Imagine if they hadn't lost that much, could have challenged for the league.
They actually deserved to lose a few more games than they did. The game against Fulham comes to mind.

wow, that is piss poor for 'apparently' the team miles ahead of everyone bar city and liverpool. (according to their lot that is)
PR can do wonderful things to people's minds. Glaston is a shining example.

AJ10

They needed to drop points in their last game vs Brighton for them to be in danger, they'll still win the remainder and come 3rd.

Ajax game could be interesting since they're missing son for the first leg. Big chance for Ajax.

el3mel

They actually deserved to lose a few more games than they did. The game against Fulham comes to mind.

PR can do wonderful things to people's minds. Glaston is a shining example.
Yeah their number of losses are god awful which is weird since they only drew once and thus third in the league. Their numbers don't make any kind of sense. :lol:

Like if they had drawn more games they might have been far away from 4th but if they had lost less they might be at least closer to top 2. Weird records.

BarcaSpurs

it's not even true for a start. Then you have 3 of the losses away at City, Liverpool and Chelsea (the 3 other best teams in the league) with our knackered, paper thin squad and it's pretty understandable.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
You enjoying thursday nights?
That the best you can come up with. Oh dear, and by the way yes, and you winning sod all again im enjoying. Poch is a genius remember.......

Let's not start name calling because you are clearly nowhere near as good as you think

Eric7C

Yeah their number of losses are god awful which is weird since they only drew once and thus third in the league. Their numbers don't make any kind of sense. :lol:

Like if they had drawn more games they might have been far away from 4th but if they had lost less they might be at least closer to top 2.
Weird records.
True! Just goes to show how damaging draws are too, but people don't react to them as strongly as they do to losses.

Question for spurs fans here: how worried are you about your league form? Progress in Europe and the new stadium seem to be papering over some big cracks, especially considering you might lose Eriksen in the summer. Or is it just a case of taking it easy since you can't challenge for the league and are unlikely to drop out of the top 4 (owing to others' incompetence really)?

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
That the best you can come up with. Oh dear, and by the way yes, and you winning sod all again im enjoying. Poch is a genius remember.......

Let's not start name calling because you are clearly nowhere near as good as you think
Well you know, we had a CL semi final to prepare for. It's not quite the same as your almighty duels with Slavia Prague I'll grant you that.

Maybe we're not, but we're still better than you.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
2W 1D 6L

Shocking . No different from Ole either . Its just that they have enough points from first half of the season where we were busy dropping points to relegation fodders.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Well you know, we had a CL semi final to prepare for. It's not quite the same as your almighty duels with Slavia Prague I'll grant you that.

Maybe we're not, but we're still better than you.
You played pretty much a strong team today and didn't really rest anyone , right?

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
You played pretty much a strong team today and didn't really rest anyone , right?
Aye, but players looked like they had one eye on the CL game.

Either way it was properly shite. Alli this season has been seriously poor and some players look like they turn it on whenever they please.

Awful performance, we turn it on for Europe but in the league have been grinding to a halt for a while. Thankfully the 3 chasing us are all poor sides, otherwise we'd be in trouble.

Red00012

2W 1D 6L

This should be put into the Ole thread to those posters who think he shouldn’t have got the job and Poch should have.

Chipper

Adulterer.
One draw the entire league surely is a record or something ?
Villa once went the entire season without drawing, a long time before the Premier League started mind you. Proper Ye Olde days of football, the 1891/92 season. P26, W15 D0 L11. They also didn't draw for half the previous and half the next season meaning they went 51 in a row with no draws.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
@GlastonSpur

A new stadium, newly increased income, new positive outlook, etc

So why are Spurs still shit and at what point will they cease to be shit?
Is sitting in 3rd place and about to make a bid to reach the CL final "shit"? If so, perhaps you'd care to dream up an adjective to describe United.